Rango - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rango Reviews

November 10, 2017
If the Coen Bros made an animated-existential-comedy-western-family film (which, let's be honest, is the only kind of family film they would make), it would certainly be very similar to this. Not to simply write off Verbinski; his eye for style and comedic timing are dry and wonderful. The design is easily some of the coolest and most unique in the CGI-animation era. And before Depp gave up acting for scarf collecting, he delivered even his vocal performances with great care.
October 30, 2017
i think rango is a amazing movie but its not a kids movie because rango falls in love with a naked plastic barbie doll body rango drinks alcohol out of a cactus characters smoke and its very vilonte a guy has a arrow
stuck in his eye and theres lots of guns and a snake tries to kill and shoot rango its still a good movie but its not a kids movie despite being under the Nickelodeon logo
jamrcla
½ October 28, 2017
Much better than I expected, Full of some great Entertaining scenes and some funny laughs to be had too, Some if not most of the comedy felt like it would go over the target audiences head as allot of jokes only adults would understand fully but it does have its slapstick moments that the kids will love, The animation was good, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, With a great voice cast this film can be enjoyed by all the family.
½ October 3, 2017
The story could've be more perfect
½ September 10, 2017
This movie in my opinion is extremely overrated the slow western dessert feel makes the film really boring and OH NO the liar plot is Back.
August 15, 2017
One of the best animated movies ever made, the trailer shows so little and I'd recommend watching it as it is absolutely outstanding. The animation work to the character development to the soundtrack are perfect in every way. Everything a animated movie should be.
July 29, 2017
Not my favorite movie I was bored watching this I thought the plot to the movie was not good
July 2, 2017
Unusuallly dense and gritty visuals, particularly for a mainstream animated movie, are this movie's strongest point. Voice performances are pretty good, albeit Johnny Depp plays the protagonist as a more deluded and neurotic cousin of his Captain Jack Sparrow. Narrative, which is primarily a Western pastiche with liberal helpings of Chinatown on the side, could be more rewarding though. The target audience actually appears to be film-literate adults, while the kid audience is not that well served.
July 1, 2017
(4.5 out of 6 stars)
When there is literally nothing to see here when we must adapt to new surroundings instantly when we dont see somethings coming. When we see many threats to hide, blend in, go unnoticed, establish our ground, find solitude, find nourishments, and seek help to survive. When we see others whom dont see such parts as a threat make due with what they have when they been in such parts for quite too long. When there are greater threats to fear to know where everything living goes and where everything dead remains that we see why some parts are inhabitable the way they are. When what we see is the lowest and smallest life forms existing in such harsh parts when there us plenty to live on and we see death too often out here. When it's a matter of perspective in how we see things on top and on the bottom to see who is getting by and barely living. When everything we see gets less when making more is harder to come by with so little. When we see that with little we have we make due that we find all sort of strange ways of living and seeing things. When we see a life source is power when everybody who sees it wants it and follows it. When we see in such parts where there us nothing, problems arise when everyone wants some control of thir life to do it wrong, do others wrong, and turn a wrong direction when we see life is getting less and less to live on. When we see what everyone depends on to see who they follow and abide when a life source makes us do things whether we want to or not to survive. When we see a life source is what makes everyone fubction, stay and become civil that we remain peaceful knowing it is there. When we see old threats that go make way for new threats. When what we are slow in not seeing, we could loose it all within an instant when threats try to sneak right pasted us underneath our foot and take from us what is ours. When we see we are all in this together to put a stop to what we can't see threats us. When what we see is ours to control, we have say to what we see fit for ourselves. When we see in such parts the toughest survive to see the toughest thing to survive is our threats that we don't see we can defeat when we are bottom of the food chain. When we see we are not fit when all we are is an actor and liar to see that we get what we want to escape to a paradise life but we see we are far from that. When we see that life on the brink we live on enough when we are built this way when life was once this way in which we evolved away from. When we see what little we can live on we don't see what unearths deep within that guides us to see our superficial ways and see it in other people's ways. When we see there is another side to life others dont see and refuse to share that we see we must take a stand in what we see unfair. When we see what we must do when others care less about others when they got more to gain that counts. When some solutions we see we can change when we see there is enough for all to share when life is on the balance.
June 29, 2017
An enjoyable movie for anybody with its clever dialogue, artistic style, homage to classic westerns, and the funny and likable title character.
June 15, 2017
BEST MOVIE EVER #GoThere
½ June 14, 2017
Johnny Depp kills, and the animation is astounding.
June 4, 2017
Definitely out of the ordinary!!
½ May 31, 2017
Rango is just plain fun. Come along for the ride and don't worry about thinking too much.
½ May 26, 2017
This movie was really funny! Sure, the story is familiar and predictable, but the adventure aspect and the action scenes are a lot of fun to watch. Not to mention the animation is fantastic.
March 26, 2017
A beautifully animated, blisteringly paced, and incredibly fun debut into animation for Verbinskii
Grade: B+
March 19, 2017
This is my favourite animated movie since Toy Story. The story is interesting, the cast is funny and most of all it's entertainment.
March 14, 2017
While I have seen better westerns in terms of story, Rango is still a smart, creative film that is very visually impressive. Gore Verbinski I thought nailed it creating a sort of realistic but charming western world and giving it that feel true to its genre.
½ March 4, 2017
This movie really went above and beyond my expectations, Shit was fuck fresh..a whole new flavor...and i love how rango and the settings it takes place in (the desert) represent alot of similarities to Fear N Loathing in Las Vegas....like Rangos shirt, the same shirt he wore in Fear n Loathing...the desert scene and him litteraly running into the the 2 characters (jhonny Depp and the lawer guy) stareing him self in the eyes from behind a windsheild....awesome...i loved it...and when i saw the bats, i went straight bat country....haha
March 2, 2017
'Rango' is yet another fantastic film that hasn't really received the recognition it deserves. Sure, critically speaking it's been mostly well received, and audiences who've seen it generally appreciate it, yet there are so many people I know who haven't even heard of this wonderfully fun, and grown up, animation flick. The dialogue is taut and snappy between the cast, and Depp's versatile vocal range and nuanced inflections provide the right balance of depth and humour for a charismatic, fast talking, complex and intelligent character suffering from an identity crisis of sorts.

The plot is nothing unique or original, in fact it directly pays homage to a number of films and characters - 'Chinatown' and Clint Eastwood/'The Man with No Name' westerns, to name but two - but it's slick, stylish, and professional execution makes it feel fresh. Plus it has an appropriately themed and killer musical soundtrack - ranging from energetic, playful, to ruminative - by none other than Hans Zimmer. I can happily rewafcu this film many times without succumbing to boredom. 5/5*