Ravenous - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ravenous Reviews

½ July 13, 2017
Interesting and darkly funny western about manifest Destiny. Some call it a cannibal comedy, but I don't think it's outright comedy, so much as a thriller with a few funny and absurd moments.
½ May 20, 2017
An oft overlooked flick, it's worth a watch and it's available on NF 'watch now,' which makes it must-see considering the limited selections on that site...
May 8, 2017
I stumbled upon this while looking through the now outdated "Fangoria: Best Horror You've Never Seen" book. I found it and boy was I surprised. This is probably one of the most impossibly genreless movies I've ever come across. It seems to commonly be considered "horror' by those who've seen it, but it's not conventional at all, although it covers a well-loved horror topic (hint: you've seen it most often in movies that have "Chainsaw" in the title). It's also considered a comedy because there's a strand of pitch black humor running through it, but it's not a side-splitting, roll-down-the-aisles comedy. It takes place during the Mexican-American War so it's got some war stuff, but it's nothing like a sweeping epic. Whatever you think it is, good or bad, you won't see anything else like it anywhere.
½ May 7, 2017
Pretty good but feels like its missing something.
April 15, 2017
This movie is excellent. It's one of my favorite movies of all time!
½ March 26, 2017
"Ravenous" is a period-piece slasher mixed with native american mythology and a bit of dark humor. The music, the plot, and the acting all work together fantastically to create a truly unique and enjoyable film.
March 14, 2017
Great movie, I shouldn't like it. But somehow I just love this film, the music, guy pierce, robert carlyle and a mischievous sense of humour, not to mention sound effects as the titles come in. awesome.
March 5, 2017
Very different kind of movie...part western..part horror movie..but well done...good cast as well
December 31, 2016
I'll never understand why critics didn't eat this one up. Great movie.
November 26, 2016
Malgré les nombreuses incohérences, j'adore ce film
½ October 28, 2016
The title is not the only similarity to the Revenant, it looks like that film as well, a strange coincidence, probably. If you liked that, you'll probably like this, it's not a bad film but the subject matter is a little hard to swallow.
August 19, 2016
Ravenous is one of my favorite movies of all time. Caught me completely by surprise and to date is still one of the most truly terrifying movies I've ever seen. The ("eccentric"?) music is probably the best part. It does an amazing job of setting the tone of the scene pulling you out of your and into the story. And i thought the performances of every actor in the film were amazing. Even Arquette's character, who doesn't seem to fit, still makes me laugh. Anyway, yeah, this was the last movie that ever made me lose sleep. Definitely worth a watch.
July 19, 2016
Fun but forgettable.
June 17, 2016
For me it is always a pleasure to see Guy Pearce on screen. Ravenous is one of my favorite movies. Although I am not a fan of horror films - this film stands out in its own genre for me. It is full of philosophy, human interactions and American history.
June 15, 2016
The messiest film I've never been able to let go of.
April 13, 2016
Based on the legend of Alfred Packer, Ravenous is a supernatural spin on the original story by introducing the mythical wendigo into this tale of cannibalism. It was darkly humourous, everyone performed well beyond expectation even though the budget is only suited for a B movie.
April 10, 2016
Bloody good fun and likely a movie not many have seen. If you liked the Revenant and/or cannibals you should probably check this out. Guy Pearce and Robert Carlyle are both great actors.
½ April 10, 2016
Where this film should have been dark, sinister, terrifying it actually comes across as slightly comical, wacky and a bit silly. It's a shame because there could have been a good film here but for some very strange and questionable decisions by a somewhat inexperienced (or possibly just clueless) director.
April 2, 2016
Excellently plotted and totally chilling & gory suspense thriller, with a healthy does of high drama added to the mix. Highly underrated film that is often overlooked due to the disturbing context, and darker questions about the nature of man and his survival instincts.
½ March 26, 2016
Gory & Disturbing. Not My Thing. Leave It At That..Ugh.