Resident Evil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil Reviews

½ August 30, 2017
Kept moving. Gun scenes, a lot of collateral damage. Really good fight scenes. There's always someone in a trunk with this guy.
August 15, 2017
This isn't saying much, but Resident Evil is one of the best video game movies. The CGI is very dated, and the acting is just average, but the action is great, the editing is good enough, and the film as a whole has a cheesy feeling to it, like it's not taking itself too seriously, that makes it more watchable.
½ August 10, 2017
Crazy Scary Action Film }:)
½ August 1, 2017
Main theme is badass. Nevertheless, quite nice for the movie based on game.
July 28, 2017
Not as half as bad as the critics would like you to believe. It has it's rough spots but it's still an enjoyable sci-fi action flick, and should be considered a classic.
July 24, 2017
Undoubtedly the best video game adaption aside from Tomb Raider. Anderson's film doesn't get the plaudits it's deserves for its feminist approach and fantastic central performance from Jovovich as well as Rodriguez. The action and horror genres are blended well even if the former is depended on a little too much, but ultimately it serves both tones rather well and with a reminiscent 90's video game soundtrack, it works all the more.
June 21, 2017
When coming across the video game adaptations, they aren't usually good and can downright be disrespectful to the video game itself. With Resident Evil, as a game, it didn't represent the game very well, but as an action film, it can be a bit fun to watch. The movie does have a bit of the horror aspect of the game, but it was all in jump scares and false scares that didn't get me scared at all. The plot is not that bad for a video game adaptation, but as a regular movie, it's very formulaic and predictable to watch. The effects are good for the most part, and the production designs are really nice to look at. The characters are so forgettable, that even when some of them died, you can't even remember about what their name is. The acting is eh, but Milla Jovovich is a really good lead actress in it and I sort of care about her surviving, which is definitely more then I can say with all of the people who are trying to survive. The action scenes are exciting to watch, and the writing isn't really that bad, although the humor that Paul W.S. Anderson wrote in are flat. So while this isn't the worst video game adaptation that I've seen, but it was just mediocre and just average, although as an action film, I guess it's a bit of a guilty pleasure to me.
½ June 10, 2017
Critics are like Jon Snow, they know nothing. This movie captured the atmosphere of the games and brought something original to the table, all while giving Milla J the chance to show off her super badass skills (and one boob). What's not to like ? I'll tell you what, Michelle Rodriguez, who definitely can't act and has this weird looking face all the time.
June 2, 2017
Poor visuals and a bland plot line
May 26, 2017
The best action film yet
½ May 26, 2017
It's a video game adaptation so of course it's going to have it's fair share of cheesiness but overall I enjoyed watching it. The soundtrack was simply amazing and helped set the mood for the rest of the movie, the opening scene was incredible and one of my favorites so far and who could forget about the famous grid scene? But of course it had it's flaws as well, I didn't really enjoy most of the fighting scenes, felt far too cheap for me, as well as the CGI, didn't exactly enjoy the main actress's acting either, but then again, this was a video game adaptation so maybe her flatness and seemingly lack of talent come from the fact they want the viewer to put his own emotions and personality in, since she certainly didn't have any. One last thing. Zombie dogs.
May 26, 2017
Razoável, Não chega a ser um desperdício completo, e esta distante de ser agradável. A direção de arte (C) infantil e as atuações tímidas.
½ May 15, 2017
Not nearly as bad as critics ratings suggest. MUCH better than many zombie flicks we get today. Some CGI is obvious, but it hasn't aged badly.
April 27, 2017
It's probably the closest thing that we will ever see a proper video game adaption, but "Resident Evil" is nothing more but a mindless, shallow action flick that doesn't offer any character development or a decent plot. The movie is mostly on auto pilot, which makes the experience less engaging. It might have the music and the atmosphere, but sadly the director, Paul W.S. Anderson, only cares about is making Milla Jovovich look nice and pretty.
April 17, 2017
Watchable - stressfully incoherent. Resident Evil Jumps between those two states of being for its 90 minute run time. As far as video game adaptations, you could do a lot worse, somehow.
½ March 30, 2017
the 2nd best Resident Evil movie. i enjoy this one more than the rest.
March 20, 2017
daft, cheesy horror flick which isn't even scary. Oh, what might have been in the hands of a better director (Ridley Scott perhaps?)
March 5, 2017
This was fun, but it feels dated!
½ February 12, 2017
The weakest of the franchise. This is where we're supposed to care---before we understand what this series is---and we just so deeply don't care.
February 10, 2017
Boring, and wildly tame. Has no heart or charm. Borderline snoozefest