Resident Evil: Apocalypse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Apocalypse Reviews

½ September 30, 2016
You'll probably have more fun counting how many movies were ripped-off, and it bares little resemblance to the game is based off... I like it cause I'm easy to please, but not much.
September 11, 2016
They extended the shelf-life of the series with this,the best of the sequels(which aint saying much).The only reason these keep being made is because Mila is sleeping with the director
August 20, 2016
I guess it was ok for a sequel. I guess the shoot them in the head theory the Walking Dead copied that. Still got a few more movies to watch in the series.
August 15, 2016
Apocalypse is by far the worst in the series, but it still manages to entertain.
½ August 11, 2016
Resident Evil: Apocalypse good sequal, but it lacked in a lot of things. Entertaining non the less.
August 9, 2016
Apart from some snappy action, there really isn't much to praise here. It's pretty much just shoot, get bitten, shoot, die all the way through, without the mysterious intrigue of the first one. A very messy piece of work.
July 30, 2016
Loved it, Copied the game as much as possible, The action was a little over the top but it was good to see characters from the games introduced, Especially Nemesis.
½ May 20, 2016
Resident Evil 2 is really cool! Lots of killing, zombies and fighting! The dogs are scary! LOL
May 19, 2016
So much more enjoyable than I remembered. A fun action film.
May 14, 2016
Improved on story, action and special effects, and has such a close approach to the game's atmosphere that a true Resident Evil fan will unconditionally love this movie.
½ May 9, 2016
As dumb as the first one, but it lacks the pacing and visual design that made the original tolerable.
½ May 8, 2016
Much of the same from the first, but a little more entertaining. Action a plenty. Probably the best of all the RE films, but that ain't saying much.
½ May 5, 2016
They tried. Mike Epps steals the show. But aside from that, nothing else is good, with the exception of some alright but unrealistic action, and pretty good CGI and monsters. And having someone else direct was helpful because the dark dreary tone was present for most of the movie, and it definitely helped. The best this could be is a guilty pleasure.
½ April 18, 2016
To be a sequel is very poor. However it is entertaining.
March 10, 2016
Not a good movie, honestly. But it is by far my favorite B-movie ever. If you're going in for something genuinely good, I hate to say that you won't find it here. But if you're looking for some dumb fun and are okay with suffering through a few utterly stupid moments, this is definitely a great movie to just have fun with.
½ February 6, 2016
Resident Evil: Apocalypse ... We find Alice battling the undead in Raccoon City after the man made T-Virus Outbreak. It's a thrilling action packed joy ride that has it's highs and lows. We see main enemies and allies from the game as well as a fun energetic plot. The execution could have been a lot better, overall it was good but so much could have been changed or added to make it a success.
January 30, 2016
This movie has me torn between Jill Valentine, and Laura Croft. Did they really have to rock the same, "OUTFIT?"
#Spunky&Captivating
½ January 12, 2016
When Paul W.S Anderson couldn't direct the sequel due to directing Alien vs. Predator, although he's still the screenwriter and producer of it, a newcomer name Alexander Witt is the choice for Resident Evil Apocalypse which is his film debut, and for my surprise, it's actually better than the first movie, although not that much. The action scenes are exciting to watch, although it would've been more exciting if I actually care about the characters at all. The acting is decent which is better than the first one, although Oded Fehr acted wooden. I was surprised that Mike Epps was in this, and when the first movie had humor that was not that funny, this guy was actually funny and was the funniest part of the movie. The effects are better to look at and I also like the design of Nemesis that's not CGI at all but more practical, making it look like it's actually there. The plot is sadly weaker than the first film and it felt more like an excuse to keep the series going. There's jumpscares in this also which still didn't get me scared, and the villain is so forgettable that when I was done with the film, I didn't remember a single thing about this character. So while it's not nearly as cheesy as Resident Evil and is actually decent for an action film, it's still a dumb movie that I honestly forgot that I was even watching a Resident Evil adaptation, but it's a lot of fun to watch.
½ December 16, 2015
Better than the original in almost every way, but still not very good.
October 22, 2015
An enormous wreck with a terrible direction, stupid characters and lame dialogue. Just about everything is awful in this unoriginal zombie movie sequel that has no imagination, and it feels and tastes like a video game, only it's the director, not us, who gets to play and have fun.