Resident Evil: Apocalypse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Apocalypse Reviews

½ November 12, 2017
I think the whole series is bad, but this one is the worst.
½ November 9, 2017
Dumb sequel starring milla jovovich.
½ October 13, 2017
Quite different to the games but still a pretty good film with plenty of over the top action.
August 21, 2017
While not a terrible movie, there is a lot of obnoxious stunt work and gun-fu meant to add style and spectacle--but it just hurts. Plus they go back and make some revisions to who the main character is that sets the whole franchise on a bad path. It would have been better if they could have done a tense, scary zombie movie in an urban environment and focused on developing the characters (some of them are fun, and its a shame we don't spend more time with them) instead of trying to turn the movie into a Vin Diesel style action film.
½ August 15, 2017
Failing to live up to the original and lacking a creative story, Apocalypse still manages to entertain with several thrilling action scenes. It also has Yuri, the best character in any movie franchise ever.
½ August 10, 2017
Deep Voice Saying, 'Resident Evil: Apocalypse' }:)
½ July 28, 2017
The movie felt generic and quite predictable, unable to prove itself a worthy sequel. Overall it's not very impressive but still enjoyable if you're not quick to judge.
½ July 24, 2017
Far from what the video game is, it's probably the best and most faithful movie in the franchise when comparing it to the original video game series.
July 24, 2017
A very poor sequel if you're looking for any form of Horror elements and while this entry does have a few gore moments, tonally speaking it's completely redundant of any such tropes. This sequel focuses far too much on the action and while it's cool and fun, lacks any sophistication or engagement for an action film as it's all rathe rudimental. The performances are ok, Jovovich, Guillory and Fehr all good with the two female characters written well and strong. The latter also adds a great dynamic. The world building and mythology is build upon nicely but the camera work of Witt is poor and hasn't aged very well at all.
July 12, 2017
More gore and bigger effects, which also means cheesier effects, the second installment does nothing to improve the franchise. Zombie films have been so much better with a fraction of the production value
June 27, 2017
I remember enjoying the predecessor, but, of course, I had to set my expectations low, because it was a video game adaptation. But, for those who disliked the first film and who thought that the sequel would be even shitier, they ain't entirely wrong, it doesn't completely hold up to the first movie, especially since it pumps out no creativity and that it uses gory, action-packed special effects as it's main attraction. But, if that's exactly what you're looking for, than the whole franchise may just be for you. Recommended if you're a fan of this type of film.
June 10, 2017
I like this movie more than the first one. It has Jill Valentine and Nemesis. Milla is doing her own stunts, actually jumping with motorcycles and shooting two shotguns at the same time, it doesn't get any better than this.
½ June 6, 2017
Easily, by far the worst in this terrible series. In the end, almost the entire plot ends up being completely pointless, not to mention the less than stellar acting, and the film's low budget definitely shows.
½ May 28, 2017
Alright, let me start with the pros since that'll take less time. The scene with the lickers was actually good, probably because they didn't actually fully showed them in all of their awful cgi glory. Too bad they never did that again during the rest of the movie. The guy who plays L.J. is actually really good in his role (despite being one dimensional and only used for comic relief) it's obvious that he either cares about what he's doing or doesn't give a crap about it, it's the beauty of comic relief I guess. The child actress is also kind of good considering how low my expectations for those are.

Now for the cons. The main characters, or really anyone in the movie, was flat, one dimensional, and boring. Nothing interesting, they just have one characteristic, be it "badass" "comic relief" or "My daughter", no motivations shown, not really, not even the will to survive is shown well enough. The technical aspects of things aren't all that good either (I mean, metal detectors to check if people are infected? What?) the story doesn't know what kind of rules for a zombie apocalypse they want to have, in the first movie they establish that someone needs to be bitten, scratched, smell, drink, eat, whatever, to become infected, and yet there's a scene in a cemetery where the dead come to life? When were they infected? Is it in the earth? Explain please. And don't even get me started on costumes, the first movie was somewhat believable (except for Alice) but on this one? Is that really what you take to work Valentine? They also establish (and show once again, and reuse) that animals can also be turned, so why oh why were there no pets on the streets? No cats, dogs that aren't the ones already seen the previous movie, anything really. Can you imagine how terrifying (if done right) it'd be to be hunted by a hamster? On the sound department it's also lacking the amazing soundtrack of the first movie. Far more focused on subpar action sequences than in the horror, plot, storyline, character development, I could go on, really. Thought the ending was pretty good until they completely ruined it for me with the unnecessary death at the end, you know the one, it just shows me the next movie is going to be even more shit.
May 26, 2017
the best video game series two the movie
May 26, 2017
Desprovido de talentos cinematográficos, segue a linha terrorista infantil sem cabimento. Todos são zumbis inclusive o diretor.
½ May 16, 2017
I loved this movie, but I wanted the dog with the big teeth to finger the main character. That didn't happen so I now loathe this movie.
May 5, 2017
Seems like a pretty serious along with dark creepy movie with to many scary scenes so I would not see this movie hay what an awful movie
½ April 27, 2017
Boring, meaningless, and filled with nothing but emptiness; "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" fails to improve on its predecessor's flaws or make the franchise remotely interesting. There's no background story for the characters nor a reason should we care about them. Let's not talk about the plot's inconsistencies that the filmmakers failed to acknowledge. Why Umbrella wanted to make Alice human? Since when Alice became an asshole to others, wasn't she nice to everyone in the previous movie? How did Valentine know how to kill the zombies, did she done this before? If so, how? The movie brought more questions than answers, and these questions are more annoying than intriguing.
April 17, 2017
Capitalises on all of the worst parts of its predecessor.