Robot & Frank - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robot & Frank Reviews

½ September 5, 2016
Entertaining and thought provoking as well, it is a short, must see film for those interested in contemplative science fiction.
August 21, 2016
One of those films whereby you only realise how clever and touching this storyline was after it has ended. At the time, it's quite a slow moving tale involving just Frank and the robot, with limited interaction with others (even if they are stars like Susan Sarandon and Liv Tyler). Frank is an older man suffering from memory loss, loneliness and also a degree of stubbornness, refusing to accept that he is becoming weaker, and physically less able to do the things he used to. With his family too busy to care for him full time due to their high profile careers, they enlist the help of a multi-purpose robot who is capable of performing all household chores as well as possessing the intellectual capacity to guide Frank into living a more healthier lifestyle. With no concept of morals or legal obligations, Frank soon establishes that the robot can be used to aid him in his former addiction to cat burglary, and the two soon form a grand partnership in petty crime. Before too long though, the strangely warming relationship between the two becomes unbreakable with Frank eventually having to make a tough decision that will change his life forever. The concluding scenes give an added twist to this that contrary to my beliefs at the start of this film, delivers a strong emotional message, that for some, could bear a striking resemblance to everyday family life. It is the perfect blend of comedy and tragedy that combine together to give a well constructed film about reality. This will undoubtedly be appreciated more by some than others given its sense of direction, but despite not being the typical spectacle I would normally go for, I came away fully respectful of the 90 minutes entertainment I had witnessed.
August 1, 2016
Ihan kiva ja hauska robottileffa. ^_^
July 27, 2016
Robot & Frank is slower and uneventful in its first half and it should have been a bit more complex, but the second half is great, the relationship between the titular characters is amazing, the characterization and acting are excellent and, although lacking at first, the ending had a lot of heart and it was so moving and wonderful.
June 18, 2016
Certainly not what I expected just looking at the poster, but this combination of elements would probably still be unexpected even if I'd read the description and saw the trailer. Unexpected and unexpectedly enjoyable.
June 10, 2016
This was truly a remarkable movie
May 26, 2016
Great film. Lot of heart. Loved it
½ May 25, 2016
Emotiva y original historia sobre el uso y exceso de la tecnologia. A destacar Frank Langella.
May 21, 2016
Bit of a hidden gem this, amusingly heartwarming but never in any way that feels overly sentimental towards the lead character.
May 15, 2016
82%
Saw this on 14/5/16
Though at just 89 minutes, Robot and Frank has enough story and twists packed in it to make a good observation on Old age and the near future setting aids the film pretty much. With fine performances, this film strives to be realistic and does not want to make itself seem like an Oceans 11 for the Old folks.
March 20, 2016
I waited years to see this. And when I did it was a disappointment. As shallow as a comedy, without the laughs.
½ February 16, 2016
Very lovable, calm and funny film about an old burglar and his personal robot butler that stirs his old interests in him. The Sci-Fi hints are subtle but work great, especially the robot design is wonderful. Langella is a wonderfully grumpy leading man, the rest of the cast is just as excellent. A very satisfying little film.
February 10, 2016
Not bad! It's a fairly simple film about a guy who is losing his memory and his son gives him a robot to help him around the house. At first he hates the robot, but then he bonds with the robot and uses him to relive his glory days--stealing! It's fun to see the two working together. There aren't a ton of laughs, it's definitely more of a serious movie. But it was fun. Cool to explore the possibility of what robots can do for us.
½ January 29, 2016
This movie is dull and pointless. Brilliant performance by Frank Langella but theirs no story.
January 8, 2016
An overall okay movie. It would have been far more engaging had the cast put effort into the performance of their acting. LOL but seriously I don't know. Something was off the whole time. The pacing of the scenes, it was like the actors weren't into it at all. The twist as well was less effective because of that.
½ January 7, 2016
It is ok, but strange plot
January 2, 2016
Very well done. A lot to enjoy.
January 2, 2016
Heart warming and suspense filled story of a man losing his memory and independence. Loved the story/acting. The revel of one of the characters was cool. I didn't see that coming. Great movie.