Romantics Anonymous - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Romantics Anonymous Reviews

November 20, 2016
Wears out it's welcome by the end, in spite of not being a very long film, but mostly it's a sweet little story about two socially awkward people getting together.
The chocolate making side to the story is nice and had me depressed to be on a diet and a budget!
June 2, 2016
Dar viena lengvesn? u moreng? pranc?z? komedija.
February 28, 2016
It was a bit quirky, but very sweet and (for us super shy people) totally relatable. Several scenes made me laugh out loud, and the ending made me go "awwww!" I loved it!
January 23, 2016
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME movie. Sigh
January 23, 2016
Really nice French comedy. A very easy watch with some great comedic moments. It WILL make you want chocolate.
½ November 28, 2015
Really fun, a truly delightful work of entertainment. A notable Chick-Flicky/Arty/Comedic tale. French, with sub-titles - perhaps that well emphasises the reality of the rarity of this gem!
½ November 17, 2015
2.5 out of 5 stars
This is the poor man's Amelie. It tries to be charming and quirky, but spills over into over exaggerated caricature. The storyline is simple and the characters are likeable. The two main characters though are exasperatingly too similar which sometimes makes for a flat love story.
December 4, 2014
Sweet. Definitely fluffy. It's easy to identify with the characters' anxieties. It does leave me wishing the characters had been explored with a little more depth. Still, it's a good movie for a sick netflix binging afternoon.
November 26, 2014
This is a very sweet (pun intended) romantic comedy about two anxiety ridden individuals who find each other but have trouble displaying their emotions. Jean-Rene is a shy chocolatier who is about to lose his company, and Angelique is secretly a chocolate master who had very pseudonym die and is too afraid of chocolate stardom. While Jean-Rene works with a therapist taking steps to let someone in, Angelique must try to sell their outdated chocolate to people who don't want it. The result is a very funny film about love and emotions, which definitely has that fuzzy warm feeling when you watch it. Its saccharine to the maximum, but its a film about chocolate, love, and anxiety.
½ September 2, 2014
Wow I loved this movie. It has been a very very long time since I've seen a French comedy that I enjoyed. I actually can't fault the film. Yes it's a romcom. But a very capable one. The two leads play it well and the usual over the top French comedy slapstick is reined in.
Lovable.
August 8, 2014
I'm a sucker for this kind of movie!
½ August 4, 2014
A beautiful and clever and funny and heartwarming story of finding love . The music is awesome and the acting is sublime and impeccable timing. You cheer for the couple to realize they are great for each other .
July 22, 2014
Ultimamente il cinema francese tira fuori delle belle commedie, semplici ma con sceneggiature sempre argute. In questo caso la formula non funziona bene come altre volte ma ha dalla sua il fatto di essere particolare.
½ July 1, 2014
Super goofies y adorables, hablando en francés y amando al chocolate (De todo esto estoy practicando :P)
½ June 16, 2014
This was a superb romantic movie. The lead actors were brilliant and awkwardly adorable together.
½ June 12, 2014
Extraordinaria historia de amor, Benoît Poelvoorde actua de manera espectacular en este film.Excelente.
June 1, 2014
Completely delightful and charming love story of two people who are perfect for each other (he is the owner of a failing chocolate factory and she is a gifted chocolatier), if only they can overcome their extreme shyness. One of my favorite scenes was watching Jean-Ren trying to accomplish his therapist's assignment to "touch" someone -- his hovering over his workers in an excruciating attempt to merely pat them on the shoulder is both touching and hilarious.
May 23, 2014
Delightful and charming, this French romantic comedy is a pleasure to watch, even if decidedly on the predictable side.
May 14, 2014
One of my top romantic comedies I've seen
½ May 3, 2014