Rooftops - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rooftops Reviews

May 16, 2014
Ultra cheesy film about youth who live on the rooftops of new York and "combat dance". Final film of director Robert Wise.
March 6, 2013
its the only place to be.
September 24, 2010
roof tops
actor coley wallace
May 10, 2008
Okay. This is maybe THE WORST movie ever MADE. And that is why we LOVE it!!
better than Showgirls, even.
March 20, 2008
Totally silly movie drawing the last breath of your run-of-the-mill 80s street life movies. Has some cool dance moves in it and some capoeira as well. It has a certain kitsch value which makes it unintendedly humorous.
½ March 8, 2008
A heavy on the cheese 80's film that tried to bank on the dance and martial arts craze that took place during this era thanks to films like FLASHDANCE, BREAKIN', RAPPIN', KRUSH GROOVE, BLOODSPORT and others. This is a definite predecessor to such films as YOU GOT SERVED and the rest of those shitty urban dance films. It has the same ol' 80's recipe as our hero learns the Brazilian martial art Capoiera to enhance his dancing skills and kick some drug dealer ass in the process. The flick has got all the standard elements... dancing, gang wars on rooftops, streetfights, training sequence, love and revenge. You could say this is all that made the 80's action cheese great rolled up into one movie! This guilty pleasure of mine might surprise you and who knows...you might actually like it!!
½ November 19, 2007
first time I heard about capoiera
½ April 26, 2007
Saw this late at night once. I've never really spoken to anyone that has also seen it, but it was really cool. In the american ghettos, there is a new type of dancing in the street which is like fighting, but you don't hit eachother. There are gang wars on the rooftops. It is better than it sounds.
September 28, 2006