Roxanne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roxanne Reviews

August 17, 2016
Romantic comedy starring Steve Martin as a fire chief with a disfigured nose who falls madly in love with Daryl Hannah. It's a cute romantic comedy that entertains despite its conventional storyline and direction.
½ August 11, 2016
Alarm bells were ringing as soon as we got into its over the top, slapstick, goofy sound-effect laden intro. The film has flashes, very quick blink and you will miss it flashes, of classic Steve Martin hilarity, but it has aged terribly and on more than few occasions, the 'jokes' were just completely baffling.
½ August 2, 2016
Possibly not as strong as other recent Steve Martin performances, this rom-com is another reason why Martin was considered one of the greatest comedic actors in the 1980s. Very entertaining again.
Verdict: B-
½ May 30, 2016
Silly but fun for a late sunday afternoon.
½ March 22, 2016
I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. Martin was great. Some genuine laughs. Good move.
February 7, 2016
Laughs until the end.
February 6, 2016
Roxanne great video Please see it thankyou maddymiller
½ January 3, 2016
This movie has its moments of charm, but it also has its moments of implausibility. That being said, it is still a film that I enjoy watching every once in a while.
½ November 25, 2015
Steve Martin is hilarious. I still enjoy the epic nose jokes and him tricking the little old ladies into saying dirty things.
September 20, 2015
One of Steve Martin's best roles, as well as one of his best films... great performances by all involved.
July 26, 2015
What is more unrealistic, Steve Martin's nose or Daryl Hannah being an astronomer?
½ June 16, 2015
- A decent fluff movie. I like Steve Martin and he's pretty good in it. The movie isn't anything super special but it's an easy watch. Check it out.

- Hadn't seen this one before. It was amusing and a nice easy watch, if you like or at least can tolerate Steve Martin. Give it a try!
May 11, 2015
Being a romantic comedy. I liked Roxanne but I didnt love it. It had fun moments and scenes in it but that didnt help my cause. Steve Martin is good, but you wont miss much not watching Roxanne.
April 9, 2015
Saaaaapppppy comedy but one of the best Martin ever made.
January 26, 2015
Martin's rom-com is spirited with hilarity while being wonderful and kind-hearted. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ January 25, 2015
Really enjoyed Steve Martin's performance and the sights filmed in Nelson, B.C. One of the best romantic comedies out there.
½ October 31, 2014
although sappy and extremely predictable there's something about martin's character that makes this piece stand out amongst the rom-com genre...
September 8, 2014
Adaptation moderne et comique de Cyrano de Bergerac par Steve Martin et Fred Schepisi, Roxanne est une comédie parfois touchante, souvent drôle, avec une galerie de personnages hauts en couleurs et des performances d'acteur plutôt réjouissantes. En effet, Steve Martin (dont le nez absurdement long se fait très vite oublier) et Rick Rossovich ont une très bonne alchimie, pareil pour Martin et Daryl Hannah. Pourtant, Roxanne souffre d'un ventre mou à la limite du rédhibitoire, avec des longueurs terribles quand il s'agit de faire avancer l'intrigue et donc d'arrêter les scènes à but comique. C'est dommage car quelques passages sont dantesques.
August 20, 2014
A funny adaptation of Cyrano de Bergerac with Steve Martin. Unnecessarily crude at times, but it is entertaining. (First and only viewing - 6/29/2014)
August 4, 2014
Roxanne is undoubtedly cheesy, but Steve Martin's script has some very witty lines and it deviates from the typical romantic comedy just enough to be called original.