Runaway Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Runaway Bride Reviews

½ December 7, 2017
The movie was well written and very interesting to watch as well. Maggie, the main character has been searching for a romantic love, rather than the lust relationships she has mistaken for romantic ones. Just like many women, she has the ambition to get married. As a columnist, when Ike hears about this woman who continually abandons her fiance's at the alter, he is quick to search for her. With time the two end up falling in love and although they are not the traditional family, with two kids and a mother and a father, they still share a common love for each other as described in the relational dimension. Maggie's friends also act as family to her as well although there is no legal or biological tie. However, there is love between them as well as support for each other.
November 10, 2017
Best movie of all timw
½ October 29, 2017
Cute film, but not for me. :-/
July 8, 2017
I absolutely loooved this movieee !!! Richard & Julia are always a great couple !!!
March 20, 2017
A pointless waste of a film
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
August 2, 2016
I remember it being a nice movie.
½ April 19, 2016
Runaway Bride (1999): At the time, the buzz was this being the first movie of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts since Pretty Woman. The movie has a simple, amusing plot in which a reporter (Gere) is sent to write a story about a woman (Roberts) who has always leave the would-be groom at the altar and never actually marrying anyone. Of course, we know where this is going and the fun is seeing the banter and chemistry between the two leads as they slowly fall for each other. Reuniting with them is their Pretty Woman director, Garry Marshall, a seasoned pro whose always delivers. It is unfair to compare this movie with the first, because while similar-they do have their own unique styles. As a bonus: watch Pretty Woman followed by this one. It will turn any date night into a something special night.
April 9, 2016
I know I'm not the audience for this film, but even with my lack of affinity for the genre and Julia Roberts (and my deep seated hatred for Gary Marshall), I can tell that this is no "Pretty Woman". I didn't like that film, but I could tell why people do. It's a fairy tale, and it told it's story well. This film is utterly predictable, and there's just no spark to the material to keep you engaged while it trudges through its cliches. Even Joan Cusack flounders in an ill thought out supporting role.
April 1, 2016
If you liked Pretty Woman then you'll like this. The story is not the same but the charm is still there.
March 23, 2016
Love Julia Roberts and Richard Gere together! The pair together never get old!
September 27, 2015
Boring and nonsensical movie. No chemistry between the leads. Inane situations.
September 7, 2015
I really loved watching this movie!!!
½ July 16, 2015
Both Julia Roberts and Richard Gere are so charming. Fun to see them together again.
July 9, 2015
This is my favorite movie!
½ March 10, 2015
This turned out to be a lot more fun to watch than I was expecting. I enjoyed the chemistry between Julia and Richard.
February 23, 2015
One of the best romantic comedies of the 90s.
½ February 15, 2015
Uno esperaría más despues de ver Pretty Woman
½ January 27, 2015
A really stupid concept for a movie. And I don't get the appeal of Julia Roberts and Richard Gere as a couple. We had already seen it in Pretty Woman with some of the same team. It all feels stale to me this time around. (First and only viewing - 1/4/2015)