Runaway Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Runaway Bride Reviews

August 2, 2016
I remember it being a nice movie.
½ April 19, 2016
Runaway Bride (1999): At the time, the buzz was this being the first movie of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts since Pretty Woman. The movie has a simple, amusing plot in which a reporter (Gere) is sent to write a story about a woman (Roberts) who has always leave the would-be groom at the altar and never actually marrying anyone. Of course, we know where this is going and the fun is seeing the banter and chemistry between the two leads as they slowly fall for each other. Reuniting with them is their Pretty Woman director, Garry Marshall, a seasoned pro whose always delivers. It is unfair to compare this movie with the first, because while similar-they do have their own unique styles. As a bonus: watch Pretty Woman followed by this one. It will turn any date night into a something special night.
April 9, 2016
I know I'm not the audience for this film, but even with my lack of affinity for the genre and Julia Roberts (and my deep seated hatred for Gary Marshall), I can tell that this is no "Pretty Woman". I didn't like that film, but I could tell why people do. It's a fairy tale, and it told it's story well. This film is utterly predictable, and there's just no spark to the material to keep you engaged while it trudges through its cliches. Even Joan Cusack flounders in an ill thought out supporting role.
April 1, 2016
If you liked Pretty Woman then you'll like this. The story is not the same but the charm is still there.
March 23, 2016
Love Julia Roberts and Richard Gere together! The pair together never get old!
September 27, 2015
Boring and nonsensical movie. No chemistry between the leads. Inane situations.
September 7, 2015
I really loved watching this movie!!!
½ July 16, 2015
Both Julia Roberts and Richard Gere are so charming. Fun to see them together again.
July 9, 2015
This is my favorite movie!
½ March 10, 2015
This turned out to be a lot more fun to watch than I was expecting. I enjoyed the chemistry between Julia and Richard.
February 23, 2015
One of the best romantic comedies of the 90s.
½ February 15, 2015
Uno esperaría más despues de ver Pretty Woman
½ January 27, 2015
A really stupid concept for a movie. And I don't get the appeal of Julia Roberts and Richard Gere as a couple. We had already seen it in Pretty Woman with some of the same team. It all feels stale to me this time around. (First and only viewing - 1/4/2015)
½ January 15, 2015
A New York columnist reiterates a story he is told in a bar about a woman who habitually dumps her husbands-to-be at the altar. When the woman writes a letter of complaint to the paper's editor, the writer is fired. He relocates to her hometown to write an on spec feature about her and her upcoming 4th wedding and consequently falls for his subject.
Garry Marshall reunites Richard Gere and Julia Roberts, but all that chemistry they had in Pretty Woman has fizzled away in this cliche ridden, poorly written comedy.
It's not all bad. Roberts still has a comic sparkle and it has moments of fun. Sadly they are few and far between, there is a distinct lack of an antagonist and the script is poorly paced. Feels like a rush job vehicle to reunite the two leads.
½ December 9, 2014
Ok it seems a little dated now, and more that a bit silly at times. But hey I always enjoy seeing these two actors in their prime...and I am a sucker for Love stories !
½ November 13, 2014
Not really as good as I initially remember it. Kind of silly really, there's just no way a columnist could get away with writing a story about a woman who has trouble committing to relationships.
November 7, 2014
3 stars bc I love a good rom-comâ??ï¸?
October 20, 2014
They tried to recreate the magic of Pretty Woman once again, but no success this time. If taken within that context, this movie is even sadder, because, both Roberts and Gere are just weighed down by terrible material in here.
September 27, 2014
I really liked this movie. It was however a bit on the quirky side.