Runaway Jury - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Runaway Jury Reviews

October 15, 2016
5 times thumbs up. Brilliant film making.
½ October 23, 2015
I don't remember films this bad being made back in the day. Hammy acting, rubbish plot. There's something ludicrous about every Grisham film and this is somehow one of the worst. Ludicrous and smug, why even bother making this kind of trash?
½ September 20, 2015
Sure it's preposterous, but for a legal thriller you could see worse.
½ August 16, 2015
It'll keep you leaned forward in your chair with interest as it simultaneously shovels a unequivocally partisan message down your throat - "Runaway Jury" is a ceaselessly entertaining movie with a very sharp point to make.
July 10, 2015
The cast elevate what otherwise is a unbelievable premise.
May 16, 2015
A very good thriller based on the novel by John Grisham. This film is very entertaining from start to finish. Both Gene Hackman and Dustin Hoffmann give remarkable performances. For a good suspense movie, I recommend this film.
½ April 7, 2015
Fair, but not as good as expected.
April 2, 2015
A legal thriller? Well I don't remeber any thrill sitting through this movie, my wife fell asleep. This should be labeled on the DVD as a political commercial for the anti-gun lobby, because that is all it really was. The plot was weak and full of giant holes, the suspense was non-existent, so what else could it be but a 2 hour commercial? Dont bother.
March 22, 2015
The premise of this movie is the only real driving factor it has. How the premise is executed is, often times, over the top to the point where it doesn't feel as real any more. Some of the scenes and dialogue could definitely be better or excluded all together as well, but nitpicking could bring any film down.
½ January 18, 2015
A rather clever thriller drama. Might give one a different aspect looking at the jury system after watching it. If only the jury could be controlled and manipulated like it said in the movie...
November 26, 2014
uneven legal thriller spurs by short bursts of hasty fist-fighting, and squanders a talented cast with a muss of a script. the camera constantly jumps about even when unnecessary, and it's a labyrinth of self-satisfied but crummy dialogue and bland atmosphere.
½ November 1, 2014
????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????? ????????????
October 24, 2014
Does stuff like this really happen? Bit unrealistic for me but I liked the ending. Great cast too, lots of big names. An ok watch but nothing too exciting
½ October 18, 2014
A brilliant legal thriller with some of the finest actors Gene Hackman,
Dustin Hoffman,Rachel Weisz,
in it. One other reason I love the movies that are decade older , they hold your grip and attention.
September 17, 2014
Quite a decent thriller about a courtcase gone awry the all American way.
Some good performances from Hackman and Hoffman thankfully overshadow Cusack who mopes about for 2 hours..
September 10, 2014
Generally thrilling and praising on some performances on the main cast is what make all legal thrillers alike with the same brain to the heart. But this particular John Grisham adaptation put emphasis to its subject. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - Late 2003 in theaters)
July 26, 2014
Better than your average jury drama
½ July 20, 2014
Underrated Cusack movie, thrilling and by no means predictable mystery
June 24, 2014
I hate the book, but there is something about the cast and the twist that made this so much better