Scream 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 2 Reviews

November 22, 2016
The first one was better. This was a little on the long side. David Arquette sucks.
November 21, 2016
How appropriate that a movie whose whole point was sequels and wither they do as good, better, or worse than the original, is in fact, better than the first. The mystery is better, the killers are ramped up, and all the characters are much more flushed out. I don't know if that is because we have the first film to fall back on, or if they do a better time with them this go round. I chose to believe in the latter.
November 17, 2016
A+

Scream 2 is my favorite out of the series, it follows right after the first movie when Sydney goes to college and ghostface returns and starts killing all of Sydneys friends. The best meta slasher film ever made. Nothing today will ever compare to this.
½ October 29, 2016
Most of this, especially the first half, is awful and near unbearable. But the self, sequels, and other movie references (mostly in the first half) were great and made me laugh! The finale was so great, but I'm not sure if I liked it more than the first's. There was also so many famous people, mostly cameos or small roles. Timothy Olyphant also gave an outstanding performance (he said, or was involved in, all of the movie references) that I thought was the best of everyone. All of that brought this movie up to the same rating as the first, despite a majority of the movie being so many bad things, mainly boring.
October 18, 2016
Unforgivably stupid at times, but still fun if you like that edge-of-your-seat heart pounding terror thrill experience.
October 15, 2016
The second in the series with the ghost face killer returning for another killing spree. Like the first instalment we have ourselves questioning who the killer could be from the get go. Another great storyline without feeling too samey, scream 2 is another entertaining teen slasher to satisfy fans who were left wanting more after the first film.
½ October 12, 2016
Twice as good as the original.
August 30, 2016
Scream 2 was horribly boring
½ August 12, 2016
93%. A great mystery film. The killers In this movie are Debbie Salt and Mickey.
½ August 6, 2016
Filled with even more of everything that "Scream" was, as well as the fact that it was impressively produced as such a masterpiece, especially within such little time, definitely proves that "Scream 2" has succeeded in improving over its already amazing predecessor.
July 14, 2016
Way better than the first one
July 12, 2016
"Someone is out to make a sequel. To cash in on all the movie murder. Let's observe the rules of a sequel. Number one, body count is always bigger. Number two, death scenes are more elaborate, more blood, gore, and carnage candy." This is the follow up to one of the most original horror films Scream. Many people believe that Scream 2 is better than the first. On the other hand, I believe that this is a great sequel, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first.

In this film, history repeats itself. After the events in Scream, they decided to make a movie within a movie called Stab. Someone is trying to act out the killings in stab. A copycat killer is on the loose!

Even though I had fun with this film, I just thought the original had more to say about the story structure of horror films. Also, I'm starting to like the prologue of these films killing off high profile actresses. In the first film, I thought it was just a publicity stunt. But know, I find them kind of funny.

So these are my final Bitchin' Buddha thoughts on Scream 2. I enjoyed it, just not as much as the first film. The film is still good, delivers great performances, diabolical, and thrilling. I believe Scream 2 earns a..

3 out of 5.

Thanks for reading/viewing, and I hope you have an amazing day as always. :)
July 10, 2016
A perfect sequel! This film kept true to the first film while adding some fun new elements that made this just as enjoyable and creepy!
July 10, 2016
Scream 2 begins with two college students being killed at a preview of the movie Stab. The surviving characters of the last film soon realize that there is a copycat killer. They must figure out who the killer is before they are dead. Overall, Scream 2 brings back some of the humor that made the first one great, but Scream 2 definitely does not have the same effect as the first.
July 9, 2016
Just as clever and witty as the first film. The car crash is some of Craven's best work to date.
½ June 27, 2016
As much as i wanted to enjoy this sequel it just wasn't enjoyable being boring to really boring even the kills didn't add anything new to the series or any hope that the sequels would do better
June 26, 2016
Scream 2 is a fantastic sequel that in my opinion improves upon the original with even more clever writing,tension and scares
5/5â¦.........
½ June 25, 2016
This is just as great as the original. It has some silly moments (in a good way) again, but it is worth watching.
June 10, 2016
Horror sequels don't suck, with a big twist like that.