Scream 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 2 Reviews

½ August 13, 2017
Scream 2 is an incredible scary movie I've ever seen :) hahahahah!
August 3, 2017
Good horror movie in the second installment of scream starring the girl who plays Sydney in the first movie and the other 2 sideline characters that were in the first movie. I loved the first movie and the like the second, yes, the first movie is the best in the franchise so far and the best horror movie of all time but these at least tries its best to be a great successor and it does a good job of it. Yes, the twists are pretty dumb and pretty predictable but at least I guessed correctly, right. Who knows but I can't wait to see the third movie in this franchise.
July 11, 2017
A film that leaves you truly with suspense, wondering who the villans are. Recommended
July 8, 2017
Nowhere near as good as it's predecessor. It still consists of thrills and suspense like the first did
June 16, 2017
This film is one of those horror sequels that is almost as good as the original. I enjoyed this film is much as the first one. Of course, if i had to choose my favorite it would the the first one, but this one comes close second. The cast is star studded with newcomers Jerry O Connell, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Liev Schrieber. Wes Craven once again did a great job telling a good story. He used horror movie cliches to his advantage again and it worked. My Favorite is still Randy Meeks (Jamie Kennedy). Not as good as the first but a very close second. Definitely a watch for all horror fans.

Rating: 8.6/10
½ June 11, 2017
The premise may no longer be original, but Scream 2 delivers the same expert blend of scares and comedy as the first film. To make up for the tried and tested premise, Wes Craven adds several new and unexpected twists and turns, successfully keeping the audience hooked. The cast once again give very good performances, with Liev Schreiber unexpectedly standing out. The humor and scares are expertly done, and the film as a whole may not be better than the original, but it's just as good.
½ May 31, 2017
The original was ok and bland. This one is a little better but still bland. It's fun, nothing wrong with it, but it's lasting power is nowehre near what it thinks it is. This gets 3.7 because it's less blah than the first.
May 29, 2017
Just as great as the first one! Kevin Williamson screenplay is in some ways better and SMARTER than the first one!
May 20, 2017
i think its going to be good
½ April 2, 2017
Not entirely as original as the first film but doing fine in its self-awareness of sequel rules. In addition there are some outrageously exciting scenes. Too bad the two killers are as chatty as the ones in the first part during the showdown.
March 21, 2017
3/21/2017: A decent sequel. It was entertaining and the cast was very good again. Many big names.
February 28, 2017
Just like the first film, this one manages to keep you guessing until the very end. In a personal opinion, It wasn't easy to spot who the slasher was. The first film was easier to depict that "boyfriend killer" however in this film I just couldn't decipher between every character. Most will get so involved with the story that they will take their eyes off of the possible slasher(s). If you're a fan of the first film, there's no doubt that you will enjoy the sequel.
½ February 18, 2017
Unlike many horror sequels, Scream 2 never forgets what made the original so great. In fact, Scream 2 expands upon the premise of Scream, becoming even more meta. Brilliantly, it actually uses the very fact that horror movie sequels usually suck to its own advantage. By doing so, Scream 2 takes its disadvantages and turns them into advantages, the same way that Scream used making fun of other horror films to its advantage.

Scream 2 is just as good, if not better, than its predecessor. It is unpredictable, scary, funny, mischievous, inventive, creative, and interesting, all in one.
January 21, 2017
After watching the first one the other day, I felt like watching the 2nd one too. This is almost as good as the original, keeping it very similar, but also keeping it fresh and new. The twist at the end wasn't as good as the first and its definitely sad when Randy bite the dust. Overall a very quality sequel, which is rare, especially for a horror film.
½ January 14, 2017
A long time ago I didn't know that Wes craven continued with the franchise well I knew there was a scream 2 but I didn't know that Wes craven decided to continue it Well Good Job Wes Craven Again! HAVE ANOTHER COOKIE!
January 13, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 1, 2017
The successful follow up to the original hit 'Scream' exceeded all expectations, and despite arguably not quite being up to the perfection of the original, it certainly gives hope that sequels can also deliver (as discussed within one of the scenes in this). After the iconic murders from the first instalment, Sidney, along with Dewey, Gale and Randy, must endure another onslaught of gruesome murders if they are to live to tell the tale again. Ghost face is seeking to finish what the original killers could not, and the body count is increasing by the minute. With several fresh faces to suspect, all eyes are on the boyfriend, but is it right to expect the obvious? Littered with more gruesome death scenes and the classic prank calls that have made this series so memorable, we are again treated to a fantastic teen slasher whodunnit. This really defines what this genre is all about and if you want to know how to make a movie, look no further. It's cheesy, it's bloody, it's comical, and it's jumpy, but more than anything, it's raw entertainment at its finest. It's difficult to find a floor but something has always grated on me about the identity of the killers. It's not the strongest of endings here, but I understand it had to be changed because the original conclusion was leaked online. Nevertheless, that is just picking faults, and other than discussing how many times Deputy Dewey can get stabbed without actually dying, there are no other floors that I can see. It's hard to explain why, but I do find this has a lot of repeat value, hence explaining the countless amount of times I have witnessed this - doesn't change the way things pan out, but doesn't stop me hoping either. Definitely one I'd recommend as a follow up to the original, although I can appreciate it won't be everyone's cup of tea.
½ December 18, 2016
Scream 2 overall delivered as a Slasher sequel. Delivering the most intense scenes of the series. Delivering scares and laughs like the first one. While I found the finale to be very weak I still found myself enjoying the ride and have watched it about 10 times so far. Would recommend if you liked the first Scream. If you didn't like the first Scream, you won't like this one either.
November 22, 2016
The first one was better. This was a little on the long side. David Arquette sucks.
November 21, 2016
How appropriate that a movie whose whole point was sequels and wither they do as good, better, or worse than the original, is in fact, better than the first. The mystery is better, the killers are ramped up, and all the characters are much more flushed out. I don't know if that is because we have the first film to fall back on, or if they do a better time with them this go round. I chose to believe in the latter.