Scream 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 2 Reviews

January 21, 2017
After watching the first one the other day, I felt like watching the 2nd one too. This is almost as good as the original, keeping it very similar, but also keeping it fresh and new. The twist at the end wasn't as good as the first and its definitely sad when Randy bite the dust. Overall a very quality sequel, which is rare, especially for a horror film.
½ January 14, 2017
A long time ago I didn't know that Wes craven continued with the franchise well I knew there was a scream 2 but I didn't know that Wes craven decided to continue it Well Good Job Wes Craven Again! HAVE ANOTHER COOKIE!
January 13, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 1, 2017
The successful follow up to the original hit 'Scream' exceeded all expectations, and despite arguably not quite being up to the perfection of the original, it certainly gives hope that sequels can also deliver (as discussed within one of the scenes in this). After the iconic murders from the first instalment, Sidney, along with Dewey, Gale and Randy, must endure another onslaught of gruesome murders if they are to live to tell the tale again. Ghost face is seeking to finish what the original killers could not, and the body count is increasing by the minute. With several fresh faces to suspect, all eyes are on the boyfriend, but is it right to expect the obvious? Littered with more gruesome death scenes and the classic prank calls that have made this series so memorable, we are again treated to a fantastic teen slasher whodunnit. This really defines what this genre is all about and if you want to know how to make a movie, look no further. It's cheesy, it's bloody, it's comical, and it's jumpy, but more than anything, it's raw entertainment at its finest. It's difficult to find a floor but something has always grated on me about the identity of the killers. It's not the strongest of endings here, but I understand it had to be changed because the original conclusion was leaked online. Nevertheless, that is just picking faults, and other than discussing how many times Deputy Dewey can get stabbed without actually dying, there are no other floors that I can see. It's hard to explain why, but I do find this has a lot of repeat value, hence explaining the countless amount of times I have witnessed this - doesn't change the way things pan out, but doesn't stop me hoping either. Definitely one I'd recommend as a follow up to the original, although I can appreciate it won't be everyone's cup of tea.
½ December 18, 2016
Scream 2 overall delivered as a Slasher sequel. Delivering the most intense scenes of the series. Delivering scares and laughs like the first one. While I found the finale to be very weak I still found myself enjoying the ride and have watched it about 10 times so far. Would recommend if you liked the first Scream. If you didn't like the first Scream, you won't like this one either.
November 22, 2016
The first one was better. This was a little on the long side. David Arquette sucks.
November 21, 2016
How appropriate that a movie whose whole point was sequels and wither they do as good, better, or worse than the original, is in fact, better than the first. The mystery is better, the killers are ramped up, and all the characters are much more flushed out. I don't know if that is because we have the first film to fall back on, or if they do a better time with them this go round. I chose to believe in the latter.
November 17, 2016
A+

Scream 2 is my favorite out of the series, it follows right after the first movie when Sydney goes to college and ghostface returns and starts killing all of Sydneys friends. The best meta slasher film ever made. Nothing today will ever compare to this.
½ October 29, 2016
Most of this, especially the first half, is awful and near unbearable. But the self, sequels, and other movie references (mostly in the first half) were great and made me laugh! The finale was so great, but I'm not sure if I liked it more than the first's. There was also so many famous people, mostly cameos or small roles. Timothy Olyphant also gave an outstanding performance (he said, or was involved in, all of the movie references) that I thought was the best of everyone. All of that brought this movie up to the same rating as the first, despite a majority of the movie being so many bad things, mainly boring.
October 18, 2016
Unforgivably stupid at times, but still fun if you like that edge-of-your-seat heart pounding terror thrill experience.
October 15, 2016
The second in the series with the ghost face killer returning for another killing spree. Like the first instalment we have ourselves questioning who the killer could be from the get go. Another great storyline without feeling too samey, scream 2 is another entertaining teen slasher to satisfy fans who were left wanting more after the first film.
½ October 12, 2016
Twice as good as the original.
August 30, 2016
Scream 2 was horribly boring
½ August 12, 2016
93%. A great mystery film. The killers In this movie are Debbie Salt and Mickey.
½ August 6, 2016
Filled with even more of everything that "Scream" was, as well as the fact that it was impressively produced as such a masterpiece, especially within such little time, definitely proves that "Scream 2" has succeeded in improving over its already amazing predecessor.
July 14, 2016
Way better than the first one
July 12, 2016
"Someone is out to make a sequel. To cash in on all the movie murder. Let's observe the rules of a sequel. Number one, body count is always bigger. Number two, death scenes are more elaborate, more blood, gore, and carnage candy." This is the follow up to one of the most original horror films Scream. Many people believe that Scream 2 is better than the first. On the other hand, I believe that this is a great sequel, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first.

In this film, history repeats itself. After the events in Scream, they decided to make a movie within a movie called Stab. Someone is trying to act out the killings in stab. A copycat killer is on the loose!

Even though I had fun with this film, I just thought the original had more to say about the story structure of horror films. Also, I'm starting to like the prologue of these films killing off high profile actresses. In the first film, I thought it was just a publicity stunt. But know, I find them kind of funny.

So these are my final Bitchin' Buddha thoughts on Scream 2. I enjoyed it, just not as much as the first film. The film is still good, delivers great performances, diabolical, and thrilling. I believe Scream 2 earns a..

3 out of 5.

Thanks for reading/viewing, and I hope you have an amazing day as always. :)
July 10, 2016
A perfect sequel! This film kept true to the first film while adding some fun new elements that made this just as enjoyable and creepy!
July 10, 2016
Scream 2 begins with two college students being killed at a preview of the movie Stab. The surviving characters of the last film soon realize that there is a copycat killer. They must figure out who the killer is before they are dead. Overall, Scream 2 brings back some of the humor that made the first one great, but Scream 2 definitely does not have the same effect as the first.