Scream 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 2 Reviews

March 21, 2017
3/21/2017: A decent sequel. It was entertaining and the cast was very good again. Many big names.
February 28, 2017
Just like the first film, this one manages to keep you guessing until the very end. In a personal opinion, It wasn't easy to spot who the slasher was. The first film was easier to depict that "boyfriend killer" however in this film I just couldn't decipher between every character. Most will get so involved with the story that they will take their eyes off of the possible slasher(s). If you're a fan of the first film, there's no doubt that you will enjoy the sequel.
½ February 18, 2017
Unlike many horror sequels, Scream 2 never forgets what made the original so great. In fact, Scream 2 expands upon the premise of Scream, becoming even more meta. Brilliantly, it actually uses the very fact that horror movie sequels usually suck to its own advantage. By doing so, Scream 2 takes its disadvantages and turns them into advantages, the same way that Scream used making fun of other horror films to its advantage.

Scream 2 is just as good, if not better, than its predecessor. It is unpredictable, scary, funny, mischievous, inventive, creative, and interesting, all in one.
January 21, 2017
After watching the first one the other day, I felt like watching the 2nd one too. This is almost as good as the original, keeping it very similar, but also keeping it fresh and new. The twist at the end wasn't as good as the first and its definitely sad when Randy bite the dust. Overall a very quality sequel, which is rare, especially for a horror film.
½ January 14, 2017
A long time ago I didn't know that Wes craven continued with the franchise well I knew there was a scream 2 but I didn't know that Wes craven decided to continue it Well Good Job Wes Craven Again! HAVE ANOTHER COOKIE!
January 13, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 1, 2017
The successful follow up to the original hit 'Scream' exceeded all expectations, and despite arguably not quite being up to the perfection of the original, it certainly gives hope that sequels can also deliver (as discussed within one of the scenes in this). After the iconic murders from the first instalment, Sidney, along with Dewey, Gale and Randy, must endure another onslaught of gruesome murders if they are to live to tell the tale again. Ghost face is seeking to finish what the original killers could not, and the body count is increasing by the minute. With several fresh faces to suspect, all eyes are on the boyfriend, but is it right to expect the obvious? Littered with more gruesome death scenes and the classic prank calls that have made this series so memorable, we are again treated to a fantastic teen slasher whodunnit. This really defines what this genre is all about and if you want to know how to make a movie, look no further. It's cheesy, it's bloody, it's comical, and it's jumpy, but more than anything, it's raw entertainment at its finest. It's difficult to find a floor but something has always grated on me about the identity of the killers. It's not the strongest of endings here, but I understand it had to be changed because the original conclusion was leaked online. Nevertheless, that is just picking faults, and other than discussing how many times Deputy Dewey can get stabbed without actually dying, there are no other floors that I can see. It's hard to explain why, but I do find this has a lot of repeat value, hence explaining the countless amount of times I have witnessed this - doesn't change the way things pan out, but doesn't stop me hoping either. Definitely one I'd recommend as a follow up to the original, although I can appreciate it won't be everyone's cup of tea.
½ December 18, 2016
Scream 2 overall delivered as a Slasher sequel. Delivering the most intense scenes of the series. Delivering scares and laughs like the first one. While I found the finale to be very weak I still found myself enjoying the ride and have watched it about 10 times so far. Would recommend if you liked the first Scream. If you didn't like the first Scream, you won't like this one either.
November 22, 2016
The first one was better. This was a little on the long side. David Arquette sucks.
November 21, 2016
How appropriate that a movie whose whole point was sequels and wither they do as good, better, or worse than the original, is in fact, better than the first. The mystery is better, the killers are ramped up, and all the characters are much more flushed out. I don't know if that is because we have the first film to fall back on, or if they do a better time with them this go round. I chose to believe in the latter.
November 17, 2016
A+

Scream 2 is my favorite out of the series, it follows right after the first movie when Sydney goes to college and ghostface returns and starts killing all of Sydneys friends. The best meta slasher film ever made. Nothing today will ever compare to this.
½ October 29, 2016
Most of this, especially the first half, is awful and near unbearable. But the self, sequels, and other movie references (mostly in the first half) were great and made me laugh! The finale was so great, but I'm not sure if I liked it more than the first's. There was also so many famous people, mostly cameos or small roles. Timothy Olyphant also gave an outstanding performance (he said, or was involved in, all of the movie references) that I thought was the best of everyone. All of that brought this movie up to the same rating as the first, despite a majority of the movie being so many bad things, mainly boring.
October 18, 2016
Unforgivably stupid at times, but still fun if you like that edge-of-your-seat heart pounding terror thrill experience.
October 15, 2016
The second in the series with the ghost face killer returning for another killing spree. Like the first instalment we have ourselves questioning who the killer could be from the get go. Another great storyline without feeling too samey, scream 2 is another entertaining teen slasher to satisfy fans who were left wanting more after the first film.
½ October 12, 2016
Twice as good as the original.
August 30, 2016
Scream 2 was horribly boring
½ August 12, 2016
93%. A great mystery film. The killers In this movie are Debbie Salt and Mickey.
½ August 6, 2016
Filled with even more of everything that "Scream" was, as well as the fact that it was impressively produced as such a masterpiece, especially within such little time, definitely proves that "Scream 2" has succeeded in improving over its already amazing predecessor.
July 14, 2016
Way better than the first one