Scream 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 2 Reviews

November 16, 2017
Scream 2 is an incredible scary movie I've ever seen :) hahahahah!
October 30, 2017
A solid sequel,equal to the original
½ October 27, 2017
The story is great but lacks its predecessor's originality and the cast is solid.
October 27, 2017
A fun and rare horror sequel.
½ October 22, 2017
As a big fan of the Scream franchise, I cannot stand Scream 2. It has way too many humourous/ridiculous moments (the I Think I Love You part is by far the worst) even the music is terrible. A truly tense and suspenseful atmosphere is never reached.
October 16, 2017
"Scream 2" is the best horror film. Loved it. And I love Neve Campbell as Sidney Prescott.
October 8, 2017
Better than the first, funny, witty, better death scenes.
October 4, 2017
The premise may no longer be original, but Scream 2 delivers the same expert blend of scares and comedy as the first film. To make up for the tried and tested premise, Wes Craven adds several new and unexpected twists and turns, successfully keeping the audience hooked. The cast once again give very good performances, with Liev Schreiber unexpectedly standing out. The humor and scares are expertly done, and the film as a whole may not be better than the original, but it's almost as good.
September 23, 2017
Scream 2 is a worthy sequel to the horror classic.
September 15, 2017
Not bad for a sequel
September 8, 2017
This film didn't flow so well like the first film because it was the exact same screenplay with a few here and there changes and add-ons. The cast was nowhere near as good as the first one and the originals didn't make it any better.

Timothy Olyphant tried to do another Matthew Lillard, Courteney Cox and the former WCW Heavyweight Champion David Arquette didn't improve their characters and Laurie Metcalf didn't help the climatic ending to better its predecessor.
August 3, 2017
Good horror movie in the second installment of scream starring the girl who plays Sydney in the first movie and the other 2 sideline characters that were in the first movie. I loved the first movie and the like the second, yes, the first movie is the best in the franchise so far and the best horror movie of all time but these at least tries its best to be a great successor and it does a good job of it. Yes, the twists are pretty dumb and pretty predictable but at least I guessed correctly, right. Who knows but I can't wait to see the third movie in this franchise.
July 11, 2017
A film that leaves you truly with suspense, wondering who the villans are. Recommended
July 8, 2017
Nowhere near as good as it's predecessor. It still consists of thrills and suspense like the first did
June 16, 2017
This film is one of those horror sequels that is almost as good as the original. I enjoyed this film is much as the first one. Of course, if i had to choose my favorite it would the the first one, but this one comes close second. The cast is star studded with newcomers Jerry O Connell, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Liev Schrieber. Wes Craven once again did a great job telling a good story. He used horror movie cliches to his advantage again and it worked. My Favorite is still Randy Meeks (Jamie Kennedy). Not as good as the first but a very close second. Definitely a watch for all horror fans.

Rating: 8.6/10
½ May 31, 2017
The original was ok and bland. This one is a little better but still bland. It's fun, nothing wrong with it, but it's lasting power is nowehre near what it thinks it is. This gets 3.7 because it's less blah than the first.
May 29, 2017
Just as great as the first one! Kevin Williamson screenplay is in some ways better and SMARTER than the first one!
May 20, 2017
i think its going to be good
½ April 2, 2017
Not entirely as original as the first film but doing fine in its self-awareness of sequel rules. In addition there are some outrageously exciting scenes. Too bad the two killers are as chatty as the ones in the first part during the showdown.