Scream 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 3 Reviews

½ August 13, 2017
Welcome to the Final Act >:) Welcome to the final Scream
August 3, 2017
Terrible third installment in the scream franchise starring the same people who should die by now and introduce new characters in this franchise but aren't for some reason, they should but they're not. I like Sydney and all but I'm a little tired of her getting away from trouble, she needs to die or dooie, he needs to die as well. At least she has a gun and she sorta learned from her mistakes but still, I'm tired of the same characters getting away, I had it with this franchise. I know that they produced a fourth movies but I'm hoping or I should say expecting for a new lead and Sidney to die, I'm sorry not sorry.
August 3, 2017
This movie was better than the 2nd one it's so good
July 19, 2017
Three films in, much of the originality is gone, and Scream 3 has partially succumbed to the cliches the previous films parodied. The portable voice mimicker, while an interesting plot device, is complete and total BS. 17 years after the film came out that technology still doesn't exist outside the movie. Despite its shortcomings and small failures, the film is still good. The acting is just as great, as is the directing, and most of the scares and kills are good. The meta humor still amuses, and the ending is a nice symbolic touch. In a way, Scream 3 is the perfect ending to the trilogy.
July 11, 2017
The film is still unpredictable and the characters are still interesting, making the film enjoyable, but not as good as the original. Still recommended
July 8, 2017
Although not as good as the previous two instalments, Scream 3 still manages to give the audience the suspense and the gore they came for.

However, the kills are pretty forgettable, and the killer was disappointing to say the least.

They wrapped it up well with a hint there could be a sequel, and 11 years later they did
June 28, 2017
Interesting sequal to the ultimate scream franchise, it kept me watching and im a big fan of the franchise . But i think we need a substence that leads up where the original stands . But overall it gives a okay lead up to aa ghost face slasher and aa unique plot
½ May 31, 2017
This one goes for the full meta, movie within a movie on the movie set of a sequel that hasnt happened yet so it can make new rules and blur the lines. They somehow think they are reinventing the trilogy; actually, it makes no sense whatsoever. I would give it 2.9 but i raise it to 3.3 just for the value of seing Parker Posey play the actress who thinks she is nailing the Gail Weather's part. She makes it worth your while. Otherwise, urggh
May 29, 2017
Eh...They should have waited for Kevin Williamson to become available to write the screenplay for the third installment. Probably would have been a worthy third installment to go along with "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" and "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King."
May 5, 2017
Surprisingly good. I heard a lot of negative things about this film it's not as good as Scream or Scream 2 but it really has it's strengths too. The plot is fantastic really. It really adds to the overall story arch of the first two installments!
½ April 30, 2017
The final part of this classic's trilogy, and just as enjoyable as the others. It kicks off right where the 2nd film ends, with Sidney Prescott now In hiding, and the killer using Cotton Weary as a means of discovering her whereabouts. The same format is applied, brutal murders take place in the introduction, a variety of 'extras' get butchered in the main body of the film, followed by a mass brawl at the end where the main stars fight for their lives. This time though, it largely takes place on the set of a movie set, in place to film the real life events that took place in the original. Despite being as good as the others, it feels a tad less sinister and a lot more comical, as several of the characters are quite amusing in the face of their impending death - You could almost suggest the odd scene would be more fitting in the Scary Movie franchise which spoofs these films, particularly the parts where Jenny McCarthy has been cast to play a dumb useless blonde - Suspect it came quite naturally to her :) As you'd expect, in the concluding scenes, it pieces together the motives for the other killings quite nicely, taking us back to where it all began - All you need now is for someone to initiate a Scream 4 release to come out 10 years later, hoping to reignite the success of this trilogy .........
April 2, 2017
With the third installment the series is finally closer to a parody than a real horror film. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of kills here, maybe even more than in the other films before. But they feel a little more forced and sometimes the silliness of it all takes some of the suspense away. Still, overall very entertaining and with a pretty funny close connection to Jay and Silent Bob strike back. The fans will know what I mean.
March 26, 2017
3/26/2017: Meh. A very disappointing storyline. The returning cast was still good, but the plot was weak.
½ March 9, 2017
Scream 3 is a pathetic attempt to sum up the iconic scream trilogy. This move failed to recognize the main protagonist: Sidney Prescott, not showing up for at least half the movie. To add, the ending was very difficult to understand and ultimately failed trying to tie up loose ends. In addition some of the acting was god awful. However, Neve Campbell once again brought back her amazing performance as Sidney, and while also providing interesting deaths.
February 28, 2017
Although I heavily enjoyed this film, the series just isn't the same anymore. I feel that they are relying more on old formulas of horror rather than being fresh and more intriguing.
January 21, 2017
I obviously was dissappointed in this film. I loved the first two so much and this was such a let down. I watched it because I was bored and had watched the first 2 films a while back. It is cool that they got the whole cast back for this one, but the new characters, the plot, and the ending were just plain bad. That being said, the fact that its the final part of the Scream Triogoly and the fact that I care about the characters so much, makes me like it way more then I should. Also please don't make another sequel (I'd have to watch it), its fine how it ended.
½ January 14, 2017
I didn't really like this movie Sorry Wes Craven NO COOKIE FOR YOU TODAY!
½ January 13, 2017
The first movie was better than this
December 2, 2016
This was terrible. The acting ruined every part of it.
½ December 2, 2016
It's hard to tell whether this film has turned into what Scream used to spoof, or if the film is smart enough to know that, in portraying small-town folks truly cashing in on their 15 minutes (Gale is a Hollywood host, Cotton has a talk show, Dewey is consulting on a major film) that Scream has become what it used to spoof. The Westboro cast in this one feels more engaged and involved as a core group as opposed to being college students in Scream 2, and scenes such as Sidney awkwardly hugging Gale when they reunite are surprising in their chemistry. Though the lengthy run the film has towards identifying its villain does drag and border on the ridiculous, there is something to be said about how this movie, conscious of how much the Scream franchise meant to horror, actually goes Hollywood.