Scream 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 3 Reviews

December 20, 2017
At this point the series is getting old, and the jokes it makes about horror trilogies are lame since Scream 3 falls into the same category. It also doesn't help that it isn't quite as scary as the original. At this point, the franchise should probably be over.
½ November 30, 2017
Too much going on, ending best thing of the whole entire movie!!!
½ November 20, 2017
The first half of this movie was horrible, the other half was pretty good; for that it gets half a rating, but this movie has nothing on the first two films.
½ November 16, 2017
Welcome to the Final Act >:) Welcome to the final Scream
October 28, 2017
The story isn't as good as its predecessors but the cast is still great.
October 27, 2017
Disappointing movie, but still an okay horror sequel, Scream 3 is nowhere near as bad as other third movies in a horror series.
October 18, 2017
Much like X-Men 3, Spiderman 3, and Rush Hour 3, this third installment in the late, great Wes Craven Scream series I found probably not the best film since its filled with horror cliches, but still overall very entertaining.
October 16, 2017
I also love "Scream 3".
October 10, 2017
This was funny. Once again pretty meta, which was fun. The acting was amazingly hammed up. The "scares" were so dumb/laughable. I think they had fun making this, like a great joke. The story was kind of confusing, until it became embarrassingly simple.
½ October 2, 2017
Not a bad film but the weakest in the series, first one is the best.
October 1, 2017
Scream 3 is just ok. It's no where near as good as the first movie, mainly because this has become what this franchise is not. But that is the biggest problem and one of the things I liked about this movie. It felt a little bit different because it was turning into what the first movie spoofed. I liked that a little bit because it felt new and I think it sort of worked. But the downside to that is that I liked the way the first movie was. The first movie was more creative and clever. This movie kind of falls flat on creativity. The cast is still great though. But the main thing that brings this movie down is the change of the type of movie this is. The main thing I liked about this movie also ended up being a problem. This movie isn't unwatchable though. I think you can still have fun watching this. B-
½ September 23, 2017
Not great. But okay. Not scary at all but still funny. And there are some fun cameos.
September 8, 2017
This Scream movie looked like it centered more on Courteney Cox and David Arquette rather than keeping the focus on the mystery killer and Neve Campbell's character. Perhaps the sequel wasn't as successful as it started out to be that it really didn't matter what they could come up with for the final title.

In this 3rd addition, there is less movie talk and more problem solving that makes it hard to keep track of who the killer may be. Towards the final moments of the climatic ending, all you want to know is who the killer is and be done with it. The movie has a knack for giving you high expectations for who the killer will be, but never quite delivers.
August 3, 2017
Terrible third installment in the scream franchise starring the same people who should die by now and introduce new characters in this franchise but aren't for some reason, they should but they're not. I like Sydney and all but I'm a little tired of her getting away from trouble, she needs to die or dooie, he needs to die as well. At least she has a gun and she sorta learned from her mistakes but still, I'm tired of the same characters getting away, I had it with this franchise. I know that they produced a fourth movies but I'm hoping or I should say expecting for a new lead and Sidney to die, I'm sorry not sorry.
August 3, 2017
This movie was better than the 2nd one it's so good
July 19, 2017
Three films in, much of the originality is gone, and Scream 3 has partially succumbed to the cliches the previous films parodied. The portable voice mimicker, while an interesting plot device, is complete and total BS. 17 years after the film came out that technology still doesn't exist outside the movie. Despite its shortcomings and small failures, the film is still good. The acting is just as great, as is the directing, and most of the scares and kills are good. The meta humor still amuses, and the ending is a nice symbolic touch. In a way, Scream 3 is the perfect ending to the trilogy.
July 11, 2017
The film is still unpredictable and the characters are still interesting, making the film enjoyable, but not as good as the original. Still recommended
July 8, 2017
Although not as good as the previous two instalments, Scream 3 still manages to give the audience the suspense and the gore they came for.

However, the kills are pretty forgettable, and the killer was disappointing to say the least.

They wrapped it up well with a hint there could be a sequel, and 11 years later they did
June 28, 2017
Interesting sequal to the ultimate scream franchise, it kept me watching and im a big fan of the franchise . But i think we need a substence that leads up where the original stands . But overall it gives a okay lead up to aa ghost face slasher and aa unique plot