Scream 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 3 Reviews

½ July 14, 2016
The best scream ever
July 12, 2016
While Scream 3 is not as clever or witty as Scream and Scream 2, its still a great ending to the original trilogy. Credit goes to director Wes Craven, Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, David Arquette and Parker Posey.
½ July 12, 2016
Plot: Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courteney Cox, and more are back for the 3rd chapter.

Review:
Jay and Silent Bob aren't the only ones who strike back. Scream 3 is suppose to be the chilling third chapter, of the phenomenon, frightful, and popular Scream movies. However, it lacks what made the first and second Scream movies amazing.

I believe the 3rd entry could have used it's old screenwriter back, Kevin Williamson (I Know What You Did last Summer, The Faculty). Instead, we get a new screenwriter, Ehren Kruger (The Ring, Transformer: Age of Extinction). In my opinion, Kevin Williamson may be the better writer.

I belive this Scream film didn't have the heart behind it. Easy it enjoyable? Sure. Is it a classic like the first one, or even good like the second? Not really.

So these are my final Bitchin' Buddha thoughts on Scream 3. It's not as suspenseful, original, and clever as the rest. I enjoyed it, but I belive there wasn't enough creativity ad heart behind it. I believe Scream 3 earns a...
2.5 / 5

Thanks for reading and viewing, and i hope you have an amazing day as always. :)
½ July 10, 2016
Unlike most people I really liked this film. Sure it was not as good and it kind of fell into the older formulas of horror but it still was fun and had very clever twists.
½ July 10, 2016
In Scream 3, a new ghostface killer is beginning to kill of the cast of the new stab movie in order to create his own real life Stab movie. Even though this movie has an interesting twist and tries to be different than the other films in the franchise, its twist is simply to outlandish to work. Overall, Scream 3 isn't bad, but it is the worst of the franchise.
½ June 26, 2016
Adding much more suspense and mystery to the story scream 3 makes the viewer more paranoid and thrilled with ghost face's actions and creative knife kills
June 26, 2016
This film was very lazy I mean it was a complete cash grab the writing wasn't clever like in the first two and the whole who did it formula was worn thin at this point and was it just me or did every one who was in this film look bored?.â¦......
½ June 25, 2016
Another great sequel with some silly moments (in a good way) again. I also find it to be underrated.
June 18, 2016
love all the movies in the franchise!
½ June 10, 2016
More humorous and a few missteps for the franchise, but still very entertaining.
½ June 4, 2016
This move is never above average at its highest moments, which is -kind of- understandable due to the lack of Kevin Williamson's genus when it comes to horror films.
The dialogue is ridiculous, and not in a funny way. In continuance, the dialogue is also clich at many moments, which is a disgrace of the "Scream" franchise itself, and alright at its best, with help from the cast.
What keeps this movie from totally and utterly failing unconditionally is Wes Craven trying his hardest to proficiently direct a movie with a ridiculous plot along with some, but not very much, quality acting from few cast members.
But why is the plot so ridiculous?
SPOILER ALERT:
The killer is Sidney's long lost brother.. Are you kidding me?
In conclusion, one of the best things about this film is its ability to excite viewers. However, this method to excite viewers requires the movie's logic, plot, and originality to be thrown out the window at almost all times excitement is seen.
May 11, 2016
It's a classic scenario, even better than the run of the mill 'the butler did it' type of film. It continues on the franchise, and answers a lot of questions people had about the first two movies. It is something I will see hundreds of times.
March 25, 2016
Writing wasn't very good, very very very cliche in a negative way. Changing writers had an impact and Scream 3 was a dud. Scream 1 and Scream 2 were excellent, Scream 3 was not.
½ March 4, 2016
This is my favorite film in the series
January 31, 2016
Ehren Kruger is one of those Hollywood writers that keeps writing scripts that are not good and still gets paid and work for it. The films that he wrote that are actually good are Arlington Road and The Ring, that's it. He either writes films that are inspiring, just have laughable lines, or ruined the whole movie, b and en I'd it was a bit of a minor part. So with him replacing Kevin Williamson as the writer for Scream 3 and actually discarded many of the original writer's notes, it's a really bad idea. But with that said, Scream 3 is a good third sequel that is a flawed conclusion to the series, or would've been. So for Ehren Kruger's script, it's actually not one of his worst, but it's not one of his beats. It's just mediocre writing that doesn't have the right amount of meta and the tongue-in-cheek from Kevin Williamson, although I'll give it credit to him that he didn't made it obvious about who the villain is and kept us guessing like the other films. The cast are still great as usual and try to make the lines sound a bit more tolerable, although some of the new cast were a bit odd and are just there to die. Some of the deaths are a bit silly, and doing the Dewey and Gale chemistry for a third time is very tedious as you would already know what's going to happen between them two. There are some nice ideas like how you find out about who's next to die, and the chase scene in Sidney's house movie set, but there's some that don't work like Sidney's flashback of her mom which was really not needed and was feeling more like a "movie" than the previous films, and some of the other stuff that are minor. The twists in it are actually pretty effective and is the closest thing to be like Kevin Williamson's script. There are some funny moments, and some moments that weren't so or is just unintentionally funny. One of h E funniest and best parts of the film, is Randy's cameo as it has some funny lines, some interesting rules for a concluding trilogy, and felt more of a satisfying farewell to the character than Scream 2 which is the only time that Scream 3 got right that the previous sequel didn't. The jumpscares are all over the place and they were becoming mor annoying then they were laughably done in the first movie. It still has the thrills like the previous films, and it still felt like a Scream film which I'm glad that Ehren Kruger at least knows what a Scream film is about. Scream 3 is a satisfying movie that I wished that it could've been more satisfying, until the much improved Scream 4 comes in and fixed this.
January 23, 2016
I'm a film lover and there are scenes in it that are compelling interesting and fun that I would think would satisfy critics more and then the second one I think this film is the second or the best of the series and left me laughing entertained and thinking at the end.
½ January 22, 2016
Much like X-Men 3, Spiderman 3, and Rush Hour 3, this third installment in the late, great Wes Craven Scream series, I found, probably not the best film, but probably the most entertaining I thought.
January 10, 2016
Just what you'd expect. Should be interesting to see what they do with part 4. For the record, bodycount: 10
½ December 31, 2015
Are you sure this is the same series
½ December 30, 2015
Laughably bad! Need I say more?