Scream 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scream 3 Reviews

March 26, 2017
3/26/2017: Meh. A very disappointing storyline. The returning cast was still good, but the plot was weak.
½ March 9, 2017
Scream 3 is a pathetic attempt to sum up the iconic scream trilogy. This move failed to recognize the main protagonist: Sidney Prescott, not showing up for at least half the movie. To add, the ending was very difficult to understand and ultimately failed trying to tie up loose ends. In addition some of the acting was god awful. However, Neve Campbell once again brought back her amazing performance as Sidney, and while also providing interesting deaths.
February 28, 2017
Although I heavily enjoyed this film, the series just isn't the same anymore. I feel that they are relying more on old formulas of horror rather than being fresh and more intriguing.
January 21, 2017
I obviously was dissappointed in this film. I loved the first two so much and this was such a let down. I watched it because I was bored and had watched the first 2 films a while back. It is cool that they got the whole cast back for this one, but the new characters, the plot, and the ending were just plain bad. That being said, the fact that its the final part of the Scream Triogoly and the fact that I care about the characters so much, makes me like it way more then I should. Also please don't make another sequel (I'd have to watch it), its fine how it ended.
½ January 14, 2017
I didn't really like this movie Sorry Wes Craven NO COOKIE FOR YOU TODAY!
½ January 13, 2017
The first movie was better than this
December 2, 2016
This was terrible. The acting ruined every part of it.
½ December 2, 2016
It's hard to tell whether this film has turned into what Scream used to spoof, or if the film is smart enough to know that, in portraying small-town folks truly cashing in on their 15 minutes (Gale is a Hollywood host, Cotton has a talk show, Dewey is consulting on a major film) that Scream has become what it used to spoof. The Westboro cast in this one feels more engaged and involved as a core group as opposed to being college students in Scream 2, and scenes such as Sidney awkwardly hugging Gale when they reunite are surprising in their chemistry. Though the lengthy run the film has towards identifying its villain does drag and border on the ridiculous, there is something to be said about how this movie, conscious of how much the Scream franchise meant to horror, actually goes Hollywood.
November 21, 2016
And so we have arrived. At this point the gimmick for the Scream franchise had really run out. The plot points move from one pointless and confusing plot point to another. If the last one was about a sequel being better, than this one proves trilogies are often disappointing and unfulfilling.
November 1, 2016
Better than the ratings suggests
½ October 25, 2016
It's easily the weakest of the (then) trilogy, with some of the previously original ideas getting a bit tired. But still good for a few laughs and, well, screams.

Grade: C
October 22, 2016
Much like X-Men 3, Spiderman 3, and Rush Hour 3, this third installment in the late, great Wes Craven Scream series I found probably not the best film, but still very entertaining.
½ October 7, 2016
This movie is the worst out of all of its counter parts. This plot doesn't make sense at all, and the pacing drags at most times. This movie is complete garbage when compared to the original.
September 30, 2016
The Ultimate "SCREAM"!...If others dislikes this, for me, it's worth the standard to end a trilogy... there is action and more twists in it!.. the ultimate "BEST"!!!!...
½ September 27, 2016
Not nearly as good as the first 2, however its got some good parts,but something was missing. Randy perhaps.
August 28, 2016
After two great films from the "Scream" franchise, "Scream 3" is a definite disappointment. "Scream 3" suffers from some ridiculous motives, events, and dialogue. Along with that, it contains mostly paper-thin characters with uneven character development. Moreover, "Scream 3" is full of terrible attempts to seem clever, scary and witty.

However, the film does contain a good cast, suspenseful moments, and solid storytelling. In conclusion, "Scream 3" is an arrogant, yet desperate, attempt to preserve and finalize what had made its predecessors so amazing.
½ July 14, 2016
The best scream ever
July 12, 2016
While Scream 3 is not as clever or witty as Scream and Scream 2, its still a great ending to the original trilogy. Credit goes to director Wes Craven, Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, David Arquette and Parker Posey.
½ July 12, 2016
Plot: Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courteney Cox, and more are back for the 3rd chapter.

Review:
Jay and Silent Bob aren't the only ones who strike back. Scream 3 is suppose to be the chilling third chapter, of the phenomenon, frightful, and popular Scream movies. However, it lacks what made the first and second Scream movies amazing.

I believe the 3rd entry could have used it's old screenwriter back, Kevin Williamson (I Know What You Did last Summer, The Faculty). Instead, we get a new screenwriter, Ehren Kruger (The Ring, Transformer: Age of Extinction). In my opinion, Kevin Williamson may be the better writer.

I belive this Scream film didn't have the heart behind it. Easy it enjoyable? Sure. Is it a classic like the first one, or even good like the second? Not really.

So these are my final Bitchin' Buddha thoughts on Scream 3. It's not as suspenseful, original, and clever as the rest. I enjoyed it, but I belive there wasn't enough creativity ad heart behind it. I believe Scream 3 earns a...
2.5 / 5

Thanks for reading and viewing, and i hope you have an amazing day as always. :)