Searching - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Searching Reviews

September 18, 2018
Not the greatest but not the worst! I enjoyed it but didnt love it.
½ September 18, 2018
Enjoyed this movie so much! Happy to see that it is coming to Hibbing so I can see it again. My favorite kind of movie...one that is a mystery with a lot of plot twists...and minimal violence. Great story!
September 18, 2018
What a great movie! I expected it to be ho hum, but it was more like, I couldn't be enthralled the entire time. It was a great who done it and it made it painfully obvious how easy it is to find someone on the internet. My husband said that his mother was safe because she doesn't have a cell phone or a computer. I told him it didn't matter because she has accounts with cable companies and a landline company and that's enough to put her out there. Then add in the security cameras, DMV, and credit cards and we are all traceable and can be victimized. See the movie if for no other reason than to see where we all fit in to this digital world we live in.
½ September 18, 2018
Searching is unlike any movie experience before. It might not hold up with multiple viewing, but the first time you see it you're sucked into a completely digital world. The editing is top notch, the performances are great, and the twist is fantastic. Although the plot is generic and there are a few things I picked on (the fact that the movie holds your hand too much to connect the dots) it's a fantastic film that needs to be watched.
½ September 18, 2018
Great movie! Scary crazy!
½ September 18, 2018
The concept was new to me. Had no problem with it, spend a lot of time online. Like right now. :)
John Cho is always watchable, and this is a watchable movie. Easily recommended.
Although it is a good watch, reviews, both RT and Audience, seem maybe one Star (20%) too high?
For a deeper look into what exactly is behind this 20% across the board boost - an answer, if you will - let's go out to South Park, Colorado, and South Park Elementary school counselor Mr. Makey; "white people are bad, mkay".
September 17, 2018
Modern day reality. A parent's worst nightmare. SO many red herrings!
September 17, 2018
So suspenseful and smart, one of the better thrillers I've seen recently.
September 17, 2018
I never heard of this until I saw a tv spot for it a couple of days ago. Along with the great reviews, a mystery unfolding all from the perspective of a computer screen, aka ?screenlife?, had me very curious. ?Right from the beginning, this did a better job having me care about and invest in the characters than a lot of films in their entire runtime. ?This isn?t just a movie about a missing girl. There are many realistic themes explored in it and, while it could?ve been convoluted, it all flowed together very well.?A movie shot in this style will only work if the performances are solid and John Cho was great. I liked Debra Messing too.?Add the surprise directions this took and the emotional roller coaster and we got a film I was really into.
September 17, 2018
very good job!! one of those movies better then antisopated
September 17, 2018
Very good movie in my opinion. The film is very suspenseful
½ September 17, 2018
This is one of the best movies I have seen in a while. The directing is great, John Cho puts on the best performance of his career, but the story steals the show. Packed with suspense, surprises, heart and constant intrigue throughout, the script sets this movie apart from the rest. It's so engrossing that you forget the entire film is presented on phone and laptop screens, a unique feature that Chaganty pulls of successfully.
September 17, 2018
Amazing. I was completely engrossed. Not bored for a single second. Every scene is significant.
September 17, 2018
Very well put together with an amazing message and plot twist no one could see coming
September 17, 2018
What could have been a gimmicky mess turned out to be a clever, refreshing, and surprisingly twisty popcorn thriller! Cho carries this movie through any flimsiness it may have with a genuine performance that will likely go under-appreciated. Not to mention an appropriately bleak and honest look at the digital rumor mill, and how quickly internet gossip can get out of control.
½ September 16, 2018
A very original and well edited film that will have you waiting to see which link, message, or contact John Choo will next try to figure out. The third act is questionable but the journey is well worth it.
½ September 16, 2018
Searching is about searching, And the rest of the movie is just as obvious as the title! They left the delete key out of this one!

John Cho does a pretty good job, but the writing was less than quality. The directing kept a mediocre script from a falling off the rails, so the movie was ok entertainment.

It's better than most low budget films, and it will make bank because it didn't cost much to make. It did leave me searching for good things to say.

For your $8 ticket, you'll get $6.52 worth of text messages.
½ September 16, 2018
what really made this movie for me was the accurate portrayal of websites on the internet that most tv shows and movies don't take the time to do
½ September 16, 2018
I don't get why people liked this one. Debra Messing, whom I usually like, was not the right choice for the role. I get the idea of the filmaking, yet the story was just not smart.