Second Act - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Second Act Reviews

March 19, 2019
I absolutely love this movie. I would rewatch it over again.
I thought i was cute and funny. Definelty will be on my list of one of my favorite JLo movies.
½ March 16, 2019
This movie was terrible.
March 16, 2019
I missed the first act, was that captain marvel.....this is much better for not being that
March 15, 2019
Too much cursing. Tired plot.
March 9, 2019
You could have made this a huge hit if you could have had a happy ending!!!!!! It would have been so easy to have the dad tell her she wasnâ(TM)t going anywhere and to stay at the company and the daughter to stay with her. Everyone wants a happy ending!
March 8, 2019
Story line was so predictable and so cheesy. This film falls flat. Such a shame as it has a great cast.
½ March 2, 2019
Schmaltzy hokum delivered by a hugely talented cast.
½ March 2, 2019
JLo looks amazing in this film. However, it fell short in parts and is so clichĂ (C)d - you can almost predict what is going to happen next.
March 1, 2019
A solid if conventional film.
½ March 1, 2019
Momentos forzados y chistes que intentan de aplicar en cualquier momento, que hace ver la trama un poco raro, pero si se alcanza a disfrutar... A veces se siente que se pierde de la trama principal de la pelicula, y se enfonca a ser giros y mas giros innecesarios que comienza a volverse una trama loca...
½ February 25, 2019
Anti-intellectual inversion of the 1988 hit Working Girl. J Lo shows us how low she can go.
February 24, 2019
Frels like I need to get paid for watching this movie. Total 2-hour-waste. What a coincidence over and over agian throuout the story! Newyork, in this movie, feels like a tiny little town to have that 'wow actually I'm your daughter'. Not to mention the horrible rational discrimination having a typical Asian weirdo freak. Can't believe we're living in the same century. London scene was awful too, This is Big ben, she's in London. Why don't you just make comment lines instead. Terrible.
February 23, 2019
Second Act features a second act twist (no pun intended) that will make you gasp for all the wrong reasons, like director Peter Segal decided to turn a Jennifer Lopez comedy into a M.Night Shyamalan experiment.
February 23, 2019
A deeply cliche ridden film that beat for beat follows the plot of films made over 20 years ago. It also has that annoying Catwoman/Supergirl thing where the main conflict of the film is whether or not our protagonist can...make....beauty products. Would it really be so hard to have women write the script for a film that is about and for women? I'm sure this might be a feel good movie for some women, but it's empty calories and they would be better served by something more intelligent. Leah Remini is pretty funny, and maybe the film's closest thing to a saving grace.
½ February 5, 2019
Well, it was not what I expected but it is not that bad either. The first thirty minutes were very boring, then the film went well until the forced discovery of the surprise that had the reserved film, the main plot becomes secondary at that time and neglects the course that followed the beginning. Happily, in the last minutes they prioritize the previous thing but it doesn't feel so important anymore because the other plot stole the protagonism.
February 3, 2019
worth seeing just to look at a beautiful photomontage of NYC...the show captures some of the most scenic sites in the city...
February 3, 2019
First this movie is not really a rom-com and there are so many surprises in this movie. The best thing of the movie is a great chemistry between Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini. Very good cast.
February 3, 2019
The only thing stopping me from enjoying this movie is that it is a snooze fest, meh.
Love the white shirt off the shoulder, gonna steal that jenny from the block xoxo
½ February 2, 2019
The story is boring and unoriginal, and the supporting characters are both useless and annoying, leading to a waste of time at the theatre.