The Secret of My Success - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Secret of My Success Reviews

½ October 2, 2016
- Watched this several times as a kid and I still like to revisit it every few year. Michael J. Fox is great in it and I just find the whole set-up amusing. A fun easy watch.

- Another "classic" from my childhood, just re-watched and it held up pretty well...Fox is quite funny in it.
½ August 28, 2016
Note de passage pour un effort comique acceptable...
Vraiment pas la pire comédie des années 80's.
Mais il y a tant d'aspects du film qui vieillissent mal. La musique, les peignures, les lunettes (et j'en passe) qu'il est aujourd'hui impossible de ne pas être distrait par ce décalage.
August 9, 2016
One of the better eighties comedies stars Michael J, Fox as a college graduate from Kansas who moves to New York in search of his dream to be a successful business executive. Instead, he goes to work for his uncles company in the mailroom where he masquerades as a top executive, switching places throughout the day. Sure, this comedy is farfetched, but several scenes are also cleverly played out.
½ August 8, 2016
Michael's acting pulls together the film, delivering a delightful taste of classic 1980s era films.
May 30, 2016
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I love this film. It's extremely cheesy, the acting is sometimes a little wooden, (not from Michael J Fox I might add) , but it has a real 80s charm. One of my childhood faves that I can watch over again.
May 25, 2016
Totally entertaining comedy with Michael J. Fox at his best. Don't trust anyone who calls this movie a "belabored charade". They're obviously boring.
½ September 19, 2015
9/19/2015: I've seen this movie many times and I still love it. Fox is great and the movie is fun and entertaining.
½ September 17, 2015
Not the greatest 80's movie, but it has its moments.
I did hate Helen Slater's hair and clothes in this. The auntie definitely out glamoured her!
August 26, 2015
58% what??? 80's top 10! M.J Fox! Original Back to the future and then TSOMS!
½ August 26, 2015
While this does have it's fair share of cringe moments, I will always have a soft spot for this film. Michael J. Fox's comedic skills help make this movie funnier than the script and direction does. It does suffer from a bit too much 80's music though.
August 13, 2015
Great 80's Michael J. Fox vehicle is great for teens. Ages 14+
June 27, 2015
Literally one of Michael J. Fox's best films... hands down.
May 28, 2015
80s goodness. Michael J. Fox is like the guy from Oliver Stone's Wall Street and he does succeed but he doesn't have to compromise any of his values. Funny and entertaining time capsule but not very filling.
½ April 8, 2015
Fun,sweet,cute all of which seem the hallmark of Fox's movies.
½ March 1, 2015
What to say? A usual comedy, with nothing particular that can elevates it. 2,5 stars and I'm also generous.
October 25, 2014
One of my favorite Michael J. Fox movies. He and the rest of the cast were great.
October 20, 2014
Did not enjoy. And I do love myself some Michael J. Fox.
October 12, 2014
Very fun 80's film. MJF did a fine job here for sure.
September 24, 2014
Most of the comedy bits don't work and feel out of place, but the story elements are strong enough to work on their own. One of the more grounded "excess 80's" movies, and speaking of the 80's, this movie is soooo 80's. Even has a classic 80's montage set to realllyyy 80's music. This helps to date the movie, but it still mostly holds up.