Seven Pounds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven Pounds Reviews

March 10, 2017
A sad movie, but happy in the end when someone recognizes a pair of eyes..
March 2, 2017
This is a magnificent movie that deserves an award let alone a higher rating. At least the audience score got closer to what this movie deserves. That's probably because it's not an action movie. But for real what you watch a movie for it has it. Great story.....Really well acted. The world should follow the example set here.
February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 21, 2017
The movie does not know if it wants to be a romance or a heavy-handed drama
½ November 11, 2016
I loved this movie. It was beautiful, it had a beautiful story line. The love interest was compelling. And the ending. Oh, the ending! I loved it. I did not expect it at all, and it was beautiful, just everything about this movie was beautiful. The only thing I didn't like about it, was the sex scene. It just kind of took away from the movie a bit, and while it didn't damage the movie that much, it does bring it down from my personal five star rating.
½ October 24, 2016
A bit underdeveloped but beautiful in its own way. My largest complaint would be about the love story, which felt a bit contrived. Nevertheless, I definitely cried at the end!
September 8, 2016
Wow. Try not to cry watching this the second time.
½ August 19, 2016
Innovative and full of heart.
½ July 24, 2016
much closer to the audience than the critics - not really my cup of tea, but not a bad film
July 17, 2016
An intriguing title with a well know actor is sure to bring my curiosity to the fore. Not expecting much, I was pleasantly surprised at how moving and quite intriguing this movie was. As the story starts one is unsure of where it is leading and who the characters are. But as the story unfolds, it becomes clearer and I certainly felt chuffed that I figured out what was going on. You then wish to follow through to see if the main character is what one assumes or is there some other part of him we do not know about. Critics may have panned it, but I suspect many of us may feel we can understand the main characters feelings if we, too, were involved in such a terrible situation. I won't add any other information for fear of spoilers. Quite a haunting movie and one I thoroughly enjoyed.
July 13, 2016
Great performances but really depressing.
June 27, 2016
Not a feel good movie but it was good.  Why does Will Smith always look like he's on the verge of crying (even when he's not gonna) during his dramas?  Recommended.
June 19, 2016
Just amazing, breathtaking, had to watch twice, can watch over and over. Hits close to home.
June 11, 2016
The critics are so wrong on this movie! It is stunningly good. Will Smith is amazing at holding his normal exuberance in check throughout the whole film, and to great effect once the entire purpose of his plot is known at the end of the movie. Rosario Dawson is brilliant in an understated way. The love story between the 2 characters is portrayed in such a delicate and intense manner, and with such taste as to be astounding. I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Do NOT believe the critics' low scores and complaints. It's a huge departure from Smith's usual bombastic roles, and while the subject matter is grim, it also contains an aesthetic of such a high band wave that it will probably be missed by many people who are simply looking to be "entertained." I'm in awe of the script, the acting, sound track and editing. Highly recommended.
June 9, 2016
While the plot has a meaningful message, it was badly executed. At no point in the movie, was there a moment that captured my curiosity. The plot was muddled and underdeveloped, especially in the subplot of the six strangers aside from Emily Posa. Because there was no powerful delivery, the film had little impact on me.
May 27, 2016
Critics' rating of this movie are so full of it. This movie is GREAT!
May 14, 2016
One of the best films ever. So good Lucy emailed the writer to tell him how amazing and powerful the film was for us. Will Smith brilliant as always.
April 13, 2016
We really liked this movie; it's a serious movie so be prepared for that.
½ April 7, 2016
One of the reasons I see a division of the critics of this movie is that it is subliminally Christian. To non-Christians the story of Jesus seems illogical because it doesn't make sense that someone can pay for another's sins. Along these same lines of logic, improving other people's lives doesn't justify suicide, thus the end of both stories doesn't make sense. However, lots of my very Christian friends love this movie. They say it's one of the best movies to portray redeeming love. In the movie not only do Tim's actions make sense but they are some of the ultimate acts of love, e.g. laying down one's own life for the sake of friends.
April 2, 2016
One of the very best films I've ever seen. Don't trust the reviewers!