Seven Pounds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven Pounds Reviews

November 15, 2017
a bit slow and wanky
November 8, 2017
such a nice movie and character have done justice to the roles
October 19, 2017
Fantastic plot yet depressing...... Still, I highly recommend this movie.
½ August 6, 2017
Slow pace . Tearful and happy ending . Will smith and Rosario are very good . Good supporting roles and actors .. But still could have been better I think ...
July 7, 2017
i was bored when i watched it at first,but the last half hour was very good.And it was pretty cool to see Will in a film like that again.
June 25, 2017
The concept is interesting, but the film lacks emotional complexity. Not terrible, but they missed a good opportunity for a beautiful film ultimately about love. With the exception of Rosario Dawson, the film doesn't have characters with enough depth for the audience to genuinely care about the final outcome of the movie. Will Smith is capable of amazing work, and he has several nice delicate scenes of rage and sadness, but overall is feels like a performance that was Oscar bait. For a movie about grief, love and redemption, there are too many surface level emotions created by an extremely talented group of actors. The director needed to pull more out of his actors for this ending to be worth the journey. Without that emotional depth, the end of the movie almost seems misplaced and unnatural to the rest of the tone throughout, like it's trying too hard to make you feel something instead of actually feeling something.
June 24, 2017
One of the more incredible movies I have ever seen. Will Smith can play just about every role. Whether it's a comedy, drama, or sci-fi adventure, he can play it all. Great movie.
May 16, 2017
Another lost rating flixster.
½ May 14, 2017
I liked the plot, but the middle part of the film seemed to drag, although the actors did a wonderful job.
May 8, 2017
pointless...dwelled too much into rosario dawson's characters...there were so many other characters that were more interesting than her and yet she was 80% of the movie. Anytime there was a scene with her you knew, "nothing important is going to happen in this scene" aka...they'll do more flirty things to fall mroe in love.
March 10, 2017
A sad movie, but happy in the end when someone recognizes a pair of eyes..
March 2, 2017
This is a magnificent movie that deserves an award let alone a higher rating. At least the audience score got closer to what this movie deserves. That's probably because it's not an action movie. But for real what you watch a movie for it has it. Great story.....Really well acted. The world should follow the example set here.
February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 21, 2017
The movie does not know if it wants to be a romance or a heavy-handed drama
½ November 11, 2016
I loved this movie. It was beautiful, it had a beautiful story line. The love interest was compelling. And the ending. Oh, the ending! I loved it. I did not expect it at all, and it was beautiful, just everything about this movie was beautiful. The only thing I didn't like about it, was the sex scene. It just kind of took away from the movie a bit, and while it didn't damage the movie that much, it does bring it down from my personal five star rating.
½ October 24, 2016
A bit underdeveloped but beautiful in its own way. My largest complaint would be about the love story, which felt a bit contrived. Nevertheless, I definitely cried at the end!
September 8, 2016
Wow. Try not to cry watching this the second time.
½ August 19, 2016
Innovative and full of heart.
½ July 24, 2016
much closer to the audience than the critics - not really my cup of tea, but not a bad film