Shrek - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shrek Reviews

September 19, 2017
needs more 69 i like the leage of legends dragon ps4 graphics
August 19, 2017
This movie made me realize I was gay.
August 14, 2017
Funny and timeless, Shrek has some wit and funny gags. The animation has aged a bit, but it still holds up.
½ August 7, 2017
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD MEEEEEEEEEEE
August 6, 2017
The first Shrek is easily my favourite of the franchise and also one of my favourite films in general it is rich with an engrossing story, very well written characters and character conflicts while also providing the audience with jokes that are very smart.ÔŽ
August 4, 2017
It's an iconic and fantastic movie. The first great achievement of DreamWorks, that for the first time shows that they make as good as Disney and Pixar! The story is so original, with extremely funny momets and arguably the best character chemistry I've seen, between Shrek and Donkey, and Fiona as well. Such apealing characters and moments,that's almost impossible not to like this fabulous movie!

|It's a 9,0 out of 10|
July 28, 2017
Shrek is love, Shrek is life
July 15, 2017
I love this movie. Very clever script writing and a memorable performance by Eddie Murphy as Donkey help make this a very good animated feature.
July 15, 2017
Greatest Fairy Tale Never Told.
Too bad about the sequals.
½ July 10, 2017
I LOVE THIS FILM. So much funny characters, funny jokes, great graphics, a creative plot & plus.............DONKEY!! Better than Jimmy Neutron(even though I love that movie) but Monsters Inc is better than both. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
½ July 9, 2017
Shrek is the perfect modern adaptation of several fairy tales into one brand new story, perfect for children, parents, and basically any member of the general public. The script revolves around a friendly yet grumpy ogre setting off on a mission to find a princess, purely for the purpose of having several classic characters removed from his swamp, who have been exiled there by the dwarf Lord Farquaad, himself who wishes to marry the princess (without releasing she too turns into an ogre after midnight). With Donkey as his sidekick, the two develop an unlikely but humorous relationship which has both deep and lighthearted moments. The tale is riddled with references to other nursery rhymes, all with extremely clever touches such as the three blind mice, who are literally blind and in need of walking sticks. As with all popular fairy tales, despite having their fall outs and arguments, it always ends with happy moments so that the two main stars can live happily ever after. Complete with a well known track listing of music, this really knows how to appeal to an audience, which is why it one of the most successful animations of the 00's and of all time. It's subtle injection of comedy allows it to appeal to more adult audiences as well as he traditional younger generation too. I wouldn't say it is totally my cup of tea, but it's very watchable and produced in such an intelligent way you just have to admire the scriptwriters work. No doubt I'll see the sequels in good time, which I just know will be equally littered with gripping sub stories to the main event. It's not often Disney get outdone on films but like Shrek and Fiona themselves, this movie must have turned them green with envy upon its release.
July 8, 2017
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.
July 4, 2017
Possible the most hilarious animated movie out there, it possesses a unique story with impressive animated visuals and surprising deep characters. Kids will enjoy the younger humor, while the older audience will laugh at the many (and I mean it) hidden adult jokes! You simply cannot find one movie that's similar to Shrek!
July 3, 2017
7/1/2017 (8): Love this movie! I crack up every time!
½ July 1, 2017
Best film of all time. 10/10 would watch on repeat for the rest of my life.
½ June 29, 2017
This movie is overall wonderful. I found it a very entertaining animated film that always had someway to surprise you and had you laughing so much. I would say that this is probably one of the most creative, and fantastic animated films out there. Dreamworks keep blowing our minds!
½ June 27, 2017
Shrek is undoubtedly charming, and Anthony Lane's reviews I can no longer value.
½ June 27, 2017
Nice animation story about fairy tale that tip it on its head. Funny and engaging with fun soundtracks.
½ June 24, 2017
The best movie that DreamWorks has ever put out! Very very memorable and hilarious scenes, amazing characters, visuals, and a powerful moral, it is among one of my favorite movies of all time! I give it a 9.5 out of 10. It is also among the best movie in the series.
June 9, 2017
... and they lived ugly ever after :)