Shrek - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shrek Reviews

December 10, 2017
A wonderful family film with a real play on the fairy tale theme. Funny, colourful and fun. Still great today.
October 29, 2017
Shrek is wonderful for being satirical and traditional.
October 23, 2017
i thought shrek was a amazing movie but it is not a kids movie because theres lots of Adult humor and mild swearing like ass and danm and lord farquad is seen naked in bed looking at fionas picture and if you look closely he has a boner still a amazing movie but its aimed at older teens and adults
October 20, 2017
shrek is love shrek is life
October 8, 2017
Classic. And it gave birth to one of the biggest memes in history.
September 23, 2017
Very silly movie I enjoyed it I liked the action as well as the music what a movie to enjoy I would all ways watch it every day when I was younger
September 22, 2017
Some-body once told me this one's gonna be the sharpest tool in the Shrekt...

[no doubt this is likely a dead meme period.]
September 19, 2017
needs more 69 i like the leage of legends dragon ps4 graphics
August 19, 2017
This movie made me realize I was gay.
August 14, 2017
Funny and timeless, Shrek has some wit and funny gags. The animation has aged a bit, but it still holds up.
½ August 7, 2017
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD MEEEEEEEEEEE
August 6, 2017
The first Shrek is easily my favourite of the franchise and also one of my favourite films in general it is rich with an engrossing story, very well written characters and character conflicts while also providing the audience with jokes that are very smart.ÔŽ
August 4, 2017
It's an iconic and fantastic movie. The first great achievement of DreamWorks, that for the first time shows that they make as good as Disney and Pixar! The story is so original, with extremely funny momets and arguably the best character chemistry I've seen, between Shrek and Donkey, and Fiona as well. Such apealing characters and moments,that's almost impossible not to like this fabulous movie!

|It's a 9,0 out of 10|
July 28, 2017
Shrek is love, Shrek is life
July 15, 2017
I love this movie. Very clever script writing and a memorable performance by Eddie Murphy as Donkey help make this a very good animated feature.
July 15, 2017
Greatest Fairy Tale Never Told.
Too bad about the sequals.
½ July 10, 2017
I LOVE THIS FILM. So much funny characters, funny jokes, great graphics, a creative plot & plus.............DONKEY!! Better than Jimmy Neutron(even though I love that movie) but Monsters Inc is better than both. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
½ July 9, 2017
Shrek is the perfect modern adaptation of several fairy tales into one brand new story, perfect for children, parents, and basically any member of the general public. The script revolves around a friendly yet grumpy ogre setting off on a mission to find a princess, purely for the purpose of having several classic characters removed from his swamp, who have been exiled there by the dwarf Lord Farquaad, himself who wishes to marry the princess (without releasing she too turns into an ogre after midnight). With Donkey as his sidekick, the two develop an unlikely but humorous relationship which has both deep and lighthearted moments. The tale is riddled with references to other nursery rhymes, all with extremely clever touches such as the three blind mice, who are literally blind and in need of walking sticks. As with all popular fairy tales, despite having their fall outs and arguments, it always ends with happy moments so that the two main stars can live happily ever after. Complete with a well known track listing of music, this really knows how to appeal to an audience, which is why it one of the most successful animations of the 00's and of all time. It's subtle injection of comedy allows it to appeal to more adult audiences as well as he traditional younger generation too. I wouldn't say it is totally my cup of tea, but it's very watchable and produced in such an intelligent way you just have to admire the scriptwriters work. No doubt I'll see the sequels in good time, which I just know will be equally littered with gripping sub stories to the main event. It's not often Disney get outdone on films but like Shrek and Fiona themselves, this movie must have turned them green with envy upon its release.
July 8, 2017
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.
July 4, 2017
Possible the most hilarious animated movie out there, it possesses a unique story with impressive animated visuals and surprising deep characters. Kids will enjoy the younger humor, while the older audience will laugh at the many (and I mean it) hidden adult jokes! You simply cannot find one movie that's similar to Shrek!