The Silence of the Lambs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Silence of the Lambs Reviews

½ October 19, 2016
Excellent movie, you'll enjoy it for sure. Anthony Hopkins is awesome.
October 18, 2016
pretty good. great performance by anthony hopkins. lots of really dark and frightening scenes. (1 viewing)
October 11, 2016
I do think this movie is a tad overrated, but it's still very good. The acting is great, and all the scenes with Hannibal are near perfectly written. My biggest gripe is that the cinematography is a bit too function over form for my tastes. It does a lovely job of visual story telling/showing power dynamics, but doesn't frame things very interestingly from an aesthetic standpoint. I think back to The Shining and how it was able to accomplish both beauty, and story telling with it's camera work and just wish this movie was able to do that a little better. It's still good, but again, just a bit overrated for me.
October 9, 2016
The best thriller of all time.
October 6, 2016
Very great film u really have to sit back and watch it to enjoy it!!!
½ September 20, 2016
Scary, artistic, but a miss and forgettable to me, never to be my favorite.
Scary to audiences and critics, but never to me. I am not afraid of you, HORROR.
September 18, 2016
Without a doubt this movie is more of a Crime movie then a horror movie. At first I didn't understand the title but then everything made sense. Hannibal lector even though he was in jail most of the movie he's still creepy. Also I love the ending to this movie.
September 14, 2016
The high-end intellectual dialogue enthralls whilst Hopkins excites and repulses in equal measure. One of the best.
September 6, 2016
Anthonie Hopkins is absolutely wonderful as one of the films antagonists!
½ September 3, 2016
The movie was great and though some gore was in it, they kept the horror grounded in reality, which made the movie greater
September 2, 2016
Well written and well played. Perfect.
½ August 29, 2016
It has a well deserved reputation.
August 19, 2016
Loved it. The plot is so suspenseful you literally can't take your eyes away from the screen. Anthony Hopkins' performance is spectacular as Hannibal Lecter as he somehow manages to make a deranged sociopath likable.
August 12, 2016
Was not really creepy, in fact it had its funny moments, like the lotion scene. It was some good acting I tell you what.
August 8, 2016
"I'd Love to stay and chat, but I'm having an old friend for dinner..."

I think what I love most about Silence of the Lambs is it's filming craft. This movie truly heightens your sense to the maximum degree, you are completely and utterly aware of intentions and brooding desires from both Buffalo Bill and Hannibal, but does it completely succeed in feeding these desires? Not entirely, but in many respects it does. The film clearly has a certain essence of expression to it for it's first pointed to be generic yet surprisingly deep hill-billy antagonist. We can see an almost angering cycle of predator transforming into scavenger and a brief victory of innocence immediately terminated by the film's excellent conclusion which indicates a slightly ambiguous, although intentionally intriguing, return to norm. However, I believe Silence of the Lambs may be a little too intrigued with it's fascinating characters to give them any lore or necessary origin, something I was craving to see from Hannibal but oh my mouth was completely watering to see it from Buffalo Bill. This confused moth man, I was likewise confused whether to feel sympathy or not due to the fantastic Goodbye Horses sequence. Nonetheless, Silence of the lambs is a structural master-class and daringly explores decay in it's natural form although it's complete cocooning whittles away at some earth shattering, pivotal messages the film was aiming for.

August 7, 2016
Great movie, however scared the crap out of me. I doubt I'll ever watch it again. I threw up in my mouth more than once!
½ August 6, 2016
Fantastic performances from Foster and Hopkins, chilling directing from Demme (specifically with his use of close-ups), and a terrifying score from Howard Shore round out the reasons why The Silence of the Lambs has stood the test of time as a reverent piece of cinema.
½ August 4, 2016
There are few villains in movies that are more mesmerizing or terrifying than Dr. Lector. Silence of the Lambs has you at the edge of your seat, makes you want to cover your eyes but can't look away. What a fascinating story with a even more fascinating villain. Before Heath Ledger's Joker, there was Anthony Hopkins' Dr. Hannibal Lector.
July 26, 2016
Five stars hands down. If you like this type of movie genre I Highly recommend, A Walk Among The Tombstones!
½ July 17, 2016
Ted Levine and Jodie Foster make this suspense film a must-watch.