The Silence of the Lambs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Silence of the Lambs Reviews

August 23, 2017
Too scared to see it
August 18, 2017
Jeffrey And Brandon's Mom Ms. Carmen Has Seen This Movie.
½ August 17, 2017
Brilliant acting, a brilliantly put-together plot, a script that brings out the best in the characters' relationships, and it does so authentically and brilliantly. It's unusual to see a horror movie win the Oscar for Best Picture (and in a year where Beauty and the Beast became the first animated movie to be nominated for Best Picture), but this one is fully deserving.
August 15, 2017
Much can be & has been said about this disgustingly beautiful macabre thriller. The acting is bitingly perfect, the story is solid & twisting, the editing is brilliant, & it features two of the most terrifying characters in film history. However, this most recent viewing made me realize what a piercing & unnerving look it is at what it's like to be a modern woman in a man's world. And because it's not from the "villain's" (aka man's) perspective, it works beautifully as a straight-up critique of the male gaze.
August 2, 2017
What can be said that hasn't already? One of the all time great films. Many people say it is a "horror" film but there is very little violence or bloodshed shown on camera. There is also very little action: no car or foot chases or explosions. Its all about suspense and tension and what you don't see but imagine and it is propelled by the amazing performances by the amazing cast; all of them electric and at the top of their game: Foster, Hopkins, Ted Levins, Scott Glenn, and Brooke Smith. All the sequels and prequels pale in comparison. This was truly a case of catching lightning in a bottle.
July 31, 2017
this movie is a thrilling, suspenseful masterpiece with non stop thought provoking dialogue, fantastic usage of camera movements lighting and practical scenery. With three magnificent performances from Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal "the cannibal" Lecter, Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling and Ted Levine as jame gumb or "Buffalo Bill"
July 21, 2017
Perfect on every level, brought new meaning to scary.
July 20, 2017
It takes the original and uses it to make an interesting crime film, with fantastically terrifying performances by Anthony Hopkins and Ted Levine.
July 19, 2017
The horror movie to win best picture. Ever! Nuff said
July 14, 2017
Still one of the creepiest movies ever made. I wasn't really scared much except for the scene towards the end in the dark but it has an excellent cast, good direction, and a performance by Anthony Hopkins which stays in you unnerving you long after the credits are done.
½ July 8, 2017
This is an immensely engrossing and genuinely scary crime thriller. It keeps you on the edge of your seat without ever showing too much or trying to startle you with tricks like jump scares. The story is mysterious and disturbing yet it hooks you from the moment it starts until the very end. The movie is bolstered by exceptional performances that are truly memorable. The stand out is absolutely Anthony Hopkin's chilling portrayal of Hannibal Lecter. Every scene he was in was chillingly effective. It's the best type of movie in this genre because it maintains the right atmosphere and keeps your interest.
July 5, 2017
Silence of the Lambs has great performances by both Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins. They both portray Intriguing characters that draw you into the tense psychological battle at the crux of the film. Jonathan Demme has a strong emphasis on the film's realism and delivers a grounded and believable horror/thriller. For me the mystery/thriller aspects of the film were tense and interesting while the horror aspects were never that frightening.
July 2, 2017
Jonathan Demme does great job at directing this masterpiece.
½ June 29, 2017
A solid and thrilling horror flick that has plenty of twist and turns to delight any viewer. Fantastic performances (not to mention Anthony Hopkins as one of the greatest serial killers in film), awesome directing, and absolutely amazing writing make this a suspense movie marvel. It's "Great!"
June 29, 2017
Hannibal Lecter is definitely the most interesting villian I have ever encountered in a film, and was well complimented by Foster's as the heroine Clarice Starling. All in all I thought it was the 2nd best in the Hannibal Lecter series, after Red Dragon. Although ALL of Hopkin's potrayals of Lecter made for interesting appearances of the character/villian.
June 24, 2017
This movie is one you can watch over and over. As I have gained the wisdom of age and being a woman this movie means so much more to me than a horror flick. Hannibal Lecter is one of the most complex characters ever created,
June 24, 2017
"The Silence of the Lambs", a quite horrifying film to watch, happens to be one of the best films I have ever seen. Truly Jonathan Demme's best film.
The depth in the characters themselves truly makes this film so great. The relationship between Clarice and Hannibal Lector is so odd, yet so true. In fact, I haven't found one flaw in any of their scenes together.
Buffalo Bill, the films other antagonist, is the most horrifying aspect of the film. While Dr. Lector may get in your head, a man dressed as a woman dancing to hip-hop music can't really be topped for me. It's funny how Anthony Hopkins delivers such a chilling performance with just around 15 minutes of screen time, mostly behind bars.
Another thing that never really gets mentioned is the soundtrack. The music selections are truly dazzling. That's probably the most unappreciated aspect of this film.
The suspense is at a peak, the characters are nailed, the performances are perfect, and the storytelling is brilliant. The final confrontation between Jodie Foster and Ted Levine holds so much tension I was about to fall out of my chair.
In summary,"The Silence of the Lambs" is a masterpiece. Everything adds together to make this film a one to remember. If you have not seen the movie yet then you really are doing yourself a displeasure. Of course in the aspect that it's a great film of course, not that its fun to watch. If you are looking for a film that is uncomfortable to watch then well,"The Silence of the Lambs" will do it for you.
This film also gave me the idea to ask,"Oh wait, was she a great big fat person?" to anyone who asks me about another person. Just a note.
½ June 24, 2017
Brilliant movie. Very dark and menacing. Hopkins is just brilliant and totally scary, just through body language and emotions. Top movie with a detective like theme.
June 19, 2017
Wow what a movie I think a psychopath is sitting next to me.....
Helvdhdjjdjd
June 12, 2017
Great performances from both Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins!