The Silence of the Lambs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Silence of the Lambs Reviews

½ October 16, 2017
Just a classic early 90s movie that you can't go wrong with. A thriller at its finest.
October 14, 2017
They don't make films like this anymore, which is probably a good thing since they would make this classic obsolete. Hopkins and Foster carry this twisted tale that drops you into the demonic minds of a psychopath.
October 8, 2017
this just keeps getting better with age. they should have a 6 star rating on here for movies this good....
October 8, 2017
This demented, creepy, and atmospheric thriller still sends chills up and down my spine,
½ October 7, 2017
Great for it's time and still damn good.
½ September 28, 2017
Trash.

Yes. Trash. Exactly. It's not even a good or compelling piece of fantasy. It's sorry trash which happens to take itself so fucking seriously that millions of silly people have been conned into thinking it's good. It is not good. It is bloody awful.
September 15, 2017
BEST psychological thriller of all time!! This film chose the genre of psychological thrillers to be my favorite! Such a classic!! I recommend reading the book as well. It explains details that were not explained in the movie.
September 15, 2017
Fucking masterpiece.
½ September 10, 2017
Very interesting thriller, did jump from scene to scene with slight confusion for a viewer, but very interesting, dramatic and smart all in one.
½ September 10, 2017
9/10
Gripping,simple plot elevated with fascinating chemistry between Foster and Hopkins, both great performances, Ted Levine is also really good.
September 8, 2017
Scary, artistic, but a miss and forgettable to me, never to be my favorite.
Scary to audiences and critics, but never to me. I am not afraid of you, HORROR.
September 3, 2017
A Psychological, Crime Drama, Thriller, emotional , Psychiatric, Mental Health; Masterpiece.
(Some spiritual aspects )
September 2, 2017
Never seen a thriller with such perfect, subtle, manipulating cinematography. Iconic.
September 2, 2017
Five stars hands down. If you like this you'll like "A Walk Among The Tombstones"!
August 30, 2017
Brilliant film with a great cast - good original storyline and the first and best of the series of Hannibal films
½ August 28, 2017
(5.5 out of 6)
When we see clear obstacles along the way we hurdle right past through them. When other obstacles we do to see coming we can't steer clear from when they are orders. When we do see there are somethings we can't put past us when some memories are obstacles that slow us down. When who we are and what we do we don't let others see us as an obstacles as we don't see them when we are good at what we do. When we see some cases are no obstacle for us to undertake alone. When there are places we see are greater obstacles that those put in can't get out when they are monsters. When we dont see some places are only existent when such institutions exist with their prized monsters we can't allow any obstacle to take our monsters from us. When we store our monsters through protective in casements we are safer on the outside then inside with them, when some obstacles they can't get out ftom. When the only thing they see is the windows they create when reality is the obstacle that they need to escape to venture their windows. When the only obstacle some monsters face is their own reality and transformation when they see their ways wrong. When what others see as an obstacle we see we slip right through the cracks when it takes little for us to get a little taste. When we see it takes a little for us yo see who we sre dealing with when some obstacles others face they show signs they tried to break out. When we see that some victims see their perpetrators as an obstacle they can't overcome and die. When we see the true obstacles in a crime case is the time and not knowing where and whom to go that we need to overcome. When we don't see what obstacles others face is others not truly seeing how we see it when they are the monsters. When we see what makes some institution's that have heavily security is the monsters that are inside which makes the institution an obstacle to remove when rehab doesn't work. When what makes such monsters an obstacle is not knowing what they would do next when on the inside they are normal monsters and outside they are monsters who are normal. When such institutions hold no obstacle when they can easily break out from with the right tools. When we can get what we want by simply bargaining that we can see some obstacles are easy to get over, while others we hold onto and hide them. When we live with such obstacles we can't seem to hide them as well that they are let out and it's the reason what kills us. When some institution's that we can't get out when its an obstacle we cant escape based on our face, our sexuality, our minds and history that we only know how to temporarily hide under masks. When we only know how to escape some obstacles by taking something more significant to them to bargain with. When we see some obstacles are hard to come by that we follow every clue and lead that gets us somewhere. When we see obstacles that stand in our way are the ones we don't know who is on the other end of the door or phone in who we are dealing with. When we can't see what obstacle that lays near us that we hope the little we go with will point it's way to the right direction. When we see what we do and what we represent we are a new obstacle monsters need to fear. When we see that once we see out monsters in which stand in our way of safety and civility, the monster sees out us when your defenses are no obstacle they can't overcome.
½ August 23, 2017
Anthony Hopkins's performance as Hannibal Lecter terrifies me. Not with blood and gore but with his mind
August 23, 2017
Too scared to see it
August 18, 2017
Jeffrey And Brandon's Mom Ms. Carmen Has Seen This Movie.
½ August 17, 2017
Brilliant acting, a brilliantly put-together plot, a script that brings out the best in the characters' relationships, and it does so authentically and brilliantly. It's unusual to see a horror movie win the Oscar for Best Picture (and in a year where Beauty and the Beast became the first animated movie to be nominated for Best Picture), but this one is fully deserving.