Sister Act - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sister Act Reviews

September 5, 2016
One of those movies you can watch over again and never gets old. Whoopi is wonderful in it!
June 25, 2016
A girl goes from a show girl to a nun, thats a big transformation.
½ June 18, 2016
C- I love the sound track
May 13, 2016
Even if it takes a while to get to the good parts, Whoopi Goldberg's performance and the catchy musical numbers make Sister Act impossible to resist.
May 7, 2016
Lounge singer witnesses a murder by her ex gangster boyfriend and enters protective custody and is placed at a covenant disguised as a nun. It's their she becomes in charge of the choir and of course she changes the lives of others. This is a comedy that would normally rely on cliches but much like the directors previous movies (Dirty Dancing, which relied on cliches from 80s dance flicks) he's able to balance the cliche with fresh material. It's not reinventing the wheel but it's not copying its formula either. Whoopi brings a breath of fresh air to the movie.
April 27, 2016
Goldberg is so charming as the character Deloris, she makes me laugh out loud every time she's on screen!
April 8, 2016
Whoopi Goldberg's best movie from my childhood.
January 18, 2016
A pretty entertaining movie.
December 11, 2015
O roteiro de Joseph Howard é baseado em uma idéia promissora: Whoopi Goldberg interpreta Deloris Van Cartier uma cantora de salão cujo amante Vince LaRocca ( Harvey Keitel ) é um chefe de casino, quando ela acidentalmente testemunha um assassinato, LaRocca ordena sua execução, Deloris escapa da morte e consegue proteção policial, o serviço de proteção a testemunha interna Deloris em um convento de freiras católicas. Apesar de não ser bem vista pela madre superiora ( Maggie Smith ) a nova "freira", conquista as outras irmãs, e em pouco tempo ela é a líder do coral. A direção de Emile Ardolino parece esta no piloto automático, mas pelo menos Goldberg e suas colegas especialmente Kathy Najimy como a Irmã Mary Patrick são capazes de criar vida e dar volume ao humor quando a câmera está sobre elas. Apesar do roteiro promissor o filme se desenrola e uma comedia infantilizada com pouco frescor nas piadas.
½ November 28, 2015
i would love to see the movie now
August 25, 2015
A great film from start to finish
½ June 17, 2015
Despite the complicating action being re-used towards a religious development with Goldberg's favorable, comedic, musically-talented-self of turning the traditions and culture of a religious cult around, even showing some imbalanced mix to the plot that was given a comedic pay-off, this "Act" is a nicely-formed comedy as Goldberg knows how to give a good time. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
June 12, 2015
Sister Act was alright. I enjoyed all the actors' performances. Maggie Smith is perfect casting of Mother Superior.
April 27, 2015
Excellent comedy with a great cast! This is the closest thing you'll get me to see that involves religion! Love the songs, the storyline, and the actors and actresses! Kathy Najimy, Whoopi Goldberg, Maggie Smith...the list goes on and on! LOVE IT! Now that I think about it, I think I need to pick up the soundtrack for this movie someday.
April 7, 2015
Light,moderately funny star vehicle that's not worth a second look.
November 15, 2014
A pretty good story.....
October 29, 2014
aparently good but not
October 24, 2014
A great funny movie.
½ September 26, 2014
Good film, one for the mums
September 1, 2014
The movie WAS good for its time but some of the lines and scenes are what kills it. Nowadays, it is a terribly unfunny musical-comedy with nails-on-blackboard performances.