Skyline - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyline Reviews

½ January 1, 2017
This movie is so horrible. It has no plot and its very boring. (Spoilers) This is the whole movie. Aliens invade, Abduct all the humans, Earth strikes back even launching a nuke at the mothership. You think the humans may have won but the mothership puts itself back the together the humans lose the rest of them are abducted the end. This is probably one of the worst movies ever made.
jamrcla
½ December 7, 2016
Not as bad as critics were making out, Ok they did use every alien invasion film and put it into one, The action (What we had) was ok, The effects looked good 90% of the time, The acting really was a killer not by the men but the women they couldn't act at all, Even after a very weird ending it's not bad at all, Having said that it should of ended 5 minutes earlier, But it's still worth a look.
October 6, 2016
The movie acts like it's the sequel to Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. The godawful sequel to that godawful Alien vs. Predator picture.
September 30, 2016
Average Sci fi movie. Worth a watch if your into this genre.
August 29, 2016
This 'scary' invasion film is actually just some people running up and down stairs, and not forgetting to open the blinds occasionally...
½ July 25, 2016
My dad put on this movie which I didn't wanna see in the first place. Even He Hated it.
The Ending and Acting was Truly Atrocious, And Yes It's worse than Legion, It's probably even worse than prometheus,
It's That Bad!

Score: 1/10,
But since There are no good actors: 0.5/10,
And That It's Worse Than Prometheus It's Less,
Oh Yes It's 0/10
½ July 9, 2016
Dumbest plot casm of all, aliens get killed by small missiles and beaten to death with anything from a brick to an axe; but withstand the heart of thermonuclear explosion. riiiight....
½ July 5, 2016
Do not walk into this movie expecting greatness. Walk into this one with an open mind. You will not be disappointed as the action and mystique continue to grow and blossom into an incredible sci-fi movie!
June 22, 2016
There wasn't much of a story, but i still enjoyed Skyline for some reason. Cool Aliens maybe.
½ June 11, 2016
This movie was a waste of time and money. If the sequel's bound to be better than the first if that's what they might say, then I accept the challenge.
½ June 5, 2016
It's not *that* bad actually. I kinda like the ending, and the music is surprisingly nice.
May 20, 2016
Is it possible to give something 0 stars?
May 16, 2016
B+ grade on SFX, but a disjointed, uninspiring story line made this one feel like a B-movie from the get-go. What a thoroughly odd movie.
May 11, 2016
Poorly acted and packed with genre clichés, Skyline is a chore to watch. It just feels boring and eventless throughout.
½ April 19, 2016
This movie SUCKS! It's the worst alien invasion ever. The acting is horrendous, and the plot was also very terrible. The special effects were shrug worthy. I didn't like any of the characters and I was rooting for the aliens the entire time they were invading.
½ March 31, 2016
Worst movie I've ever seem, not sure how give 0 starts, so I am giving 0,5
½ March 25, 2016
Why is this a movie?
½ March 22, 2016
"Skyline" provides one or two frightening moments. However. predictable plot devices and familiar elements that tries to couple with illogical characters, doesn't substitute for a greater story.
March 2, 2016
This is not a bad movie. Though it is not amazing it stands as a decent alien movie that I enjoyed. The effects were good and the acting was alright but the thing that crushes it is the horribly stupid ending. I ain't gonna spoil anything but it just doesn't make sense and ruins one of the most tense my moments in the movie.
½ February 24, 2016
From the people who made the special effects for Alien vs Predator comes a movie, so stupefyingly stupid that it made me want to smash my head through a wall. Regardless of whether it might give me permanent brain damage or a concussion... Or potential death.

The special effects are good for a movie that cost $10 million, but is that where all the money went? No money to fix that script which was probably written by one of those "aspiring" 12 year-old writers who badly want to be the next Hollywood legends by writing something which makes no sense.

The acting is very, very bad. I can easily say that I have never heard of any of the actors involved in the movie and they all did a terrible bloody job. I could've played ALL of the characters and I would still do a better bloody job.

If you can fit a truck through all the plot holes in Iron Man 3 - You can fit two hundred Death Stars in the plot holes in this piece of ass.

The dialogue is movie-destroying to say the least. The dialogue is worse than what you hear in "The Odd life of Timothy Green". I literally cannot describe the awful dialogue, it has to be heard to be believed.

From this point, I will be listing the plot issues and holes that demolish the movie. But to summarise - This is one of the worst movies ever made. Ever. It's shallow, incredibly stupid, badly written and filled with unnatural dialogue. If you have to have suicidal tendencies to watch Brother Bear 2; you have to be ready to shoot yourself in the face to watch this because that's the only way it will end.

*SPOILER TALK TIME*

At one point; the mothership gets nuked. The main characters watch it get nuked. The blast radius was only several blocks, why wasn't anyone blinded by the blast? And why didn't they die of radiation poisoning? Also, the mothership survives with no shielding whatsoever.

At some point in the movie, they reveal that LA is the last surviving city on Earth. If this was the case; how could they nuke the mothership in the first place? The human population is very, very little and no one has resources.

Remember how in 50's sci-fi they used to tell you that the aliens want your brains? Well, same case here. It took us quite some time to move past this cliche and in return we got more realistic scenarios like "The aliens want resources" or "World domination" or "Universal conquest". Why go back to it?

Some time in the credits when the main characters are all eaten, they start to set up a sequel by implying that a character who was turned into an alien would remember his eaten girlfriend and starts flipping shit at other aliens. What's the point of the conquest? They have eaten all the brains in the world.

The aliens attract people with a glowing blue light which cracks people's faces. If someone saw another person stare at the light; wouldn't they know not to stare at it and as a result; not be abducted?!

If the abduction requires someone to stare at the blue light; why doesn't everyone pry their eyes away from the light? They can't be abducted if they don't stare at the light.