Skyline - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyline Reviews

½ March 8, 2018
The ending could maybe have been engaging if it made sense, but even putting the best possible spin on Skyline, it still repeatedly commits the cardinal sin of the entertainment industry: Being boring.
February 10, 2018
this movie is pretty bad. but i still enjoy it. guilty pleasure. i loved it when it first came out. the sci-fi aspects are pretty cool, some decent action/excitement/suspense. and some cool ideas. it also had really bad acting, especially by the lead actor and actress, both horrible choices. bad dialogues, characters you don't care about, and lots of dumb stuff. (about 3 viewings)

the ending is the best part, and what made me really love it when i first saw it. harvesting human brains is awesome, and then the dude becoming one of them. could be seen as dumb, i think it's pretty cool
January 7, 2018
Bad and slow start. Cheap. Couldn't help laughing when an alien survived a nuke blast but killed by a brick in bare hands. Not too bad CGI and fun to watch the last 30 minutes. Weird ending for a sequel to come.
½ January 5, 2018
All that's missing is zombie bikers
½ January 2, 2018
This movie stinks, if you make it to the end...oh my God!

For those that did you know what I am talking about!
December 17, 2017
For me, this movie was a bit of a slow burn. The first half was a bit boring, but it built up nicely; to an ending that had me wanting more. I think the pacing issues could have been solved if the cutting of the movie was more harsh in the 1st half.
½ December 16, 2017
Awful script, story, acting. Awful movie.
½ November 14, 2017
Suffering from a bad script, so-so acting, and a story that's just decent, Skyline is a mostly bad movie. That being said, the special effects still hold up today, and the Drones vs Aliens dogfight scene is spectacular.
November 4, 2017
fun but dumb popcorn flick!
October 30, 2017
I think this movie was absolutely captivating, and epic. Most people don't realize the time and effort these actors and actresses put into making this extraordinary movie. I applaud the actors and actresses for doing the best the can to showcase this movie to the world. I cannot fathom how much criticism people can create based on how they feel things should be, but to those people I want to let them know that things will never go as they plan in life, they have to learn to deal with it. Thank you for this movie, and I hope to see a part 2.
September 14, 2017
un film a ne pas rater
August 25, 2017
When I picked this up from a DVD rental shop I was unaware of its reputation. The box art looked good, but you should never judge a book by its cover. The film started good, but then a flashback killed it. It cut away from the action to introduce us to a set of B list actors. Prepare to watch 90 minutes of people trying and failing to escape from a hotel. The film tries to reinvent the wheel by letting the aliens win, but this just makes it boring. There is no plot to this film as at no point do you believe that the main character has a chance of saving the world. He should focus his efforts into keeping his girlfriend because he comes across as a massive tool.The CGI is good, but you only see the air battles from a hotel window. I later found out that this film was made for only 10 million. All is not forgiven, however as Hot Fuzz was made for much less than that and that film had a good cast, humour and a plot.
½ August 24, 2017
One the most stupid and inconsistent Sci-Fi movies i have ever seen. A pure waste of time watching it.
½ August 10, 2017
Total garbage. Even the special effects were lackluster by 2010 standards, which was the only thing that this movie could have possibly had going for it. The acting was bad, the story was bad, the plot was bad, the character development was bad, the foreshadowing was bad, it was bad, bad, bad. Even Plan 9 From Outer Space was better than this.
April 29, 2017
Feels more like a bad video game than a movie, all of the characters absolutely suck and what was up with that ending?
April 17, 2017
March 19, 2017
I loved this film. The effects were great. The premise of the film was fine. The critics panned the dialogue and the lack of character development. Seriously? How scintillating do they think the dialogue would be if they were couped up with their neighbours during an alien invasion? In fact I found the very idea of being barricaded up with my neighbours not only claustrophobic but utterly horrifying. It was also refreshingly different that the aliens were omnipresent, all seeing and all powerful and that mankind's cause was seen to be utterly futile and its fate inescapable. Frankly I can't wait for the sequel. I hope it includes a scene where a gang of film critics are heaavily engaged in witty repartee before having what brains they have being sucked out.
February 5, 2017
Interesting concept. Awful movie but worth a watch.
½ January 30, 2017
Story is terrible and the ending is trash
January 25, 2017
Disappointing after reading so many peoples reviews saying this was 'diisturbing and a new idea' - it wasn't. Pretty impressive for the small budget though but overall I don't care about that!