Skyline - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyline Reviews

September 14, 2017
un film a ne pas rater
August 25, 2017
When I picked this up from a DVD rental shop I was unaware of its reputation. The box art looked good, but you should never judge a book by its cover. The film started good, but then a flashback killed it. It cut away from the action to introduce us to a set of B list actors. Prepare to watch 90 minutes of people trying and failing to escape from a hotel. The film tries to reinvent the wheel by letting the aliens win, but this just makes it boring. There is no plot to this film as at no point do you believe that the main character has a chance of saving the world. He should focus his efforts into keeping his girlfriend because he comes across as a massive tool.The CGI is good, but you only see the air battles from a hotel window. I later found out that this film was made for only 10 million. All is not forgiven, however as Hot Fuzz was made for much less than that and that film had a good cast, humour and a plot.
½ August 24, 2017
One the most stupid and inconsistent Sci-Fi movies i have ever seen. A pure waste of time watching it.
½ August 18, 2017
Suffering from a bad script, so-so acting, and a story that's just decent, Skyline is a mostly bad movie. That being said, the special effects still hold up today, and the Drones vs Aliens dogfight scene is spectacular.
½ August 10, 2017
Total garbage. Even the special effects were lackluster by 2010 standards, which was the only thing that this movie could have possibly had going for it. The acting was bad, the story was bad, the plot was bad, the character development was bad, the foreshadowing was bad, it was bad, bad, bad. Even Plan 9 From Outer Space was better than this.
April 29, 2017
Feels more like a bad video game than a movie, all of the characters absolutely suck and what was up with that ending?
April 17, 2017
I SOOOOOOOOOOO HAVE TO SEE THIS
March 19, 2017
I loved this film. The effects were great. The premise of the film was fine. The critics panned the dialogue and the lack of character development. Seriously? How scintillating do they think the dialogue would be if they were couped up with their neighbours during an alien invasion? In fact I found the very idea of being barricaded up with my neighbours not only claustrophobic but utterly horrifying. It was also refreshingly different that the aliens were omnipresent, all seeing and all powerful and that mankind's cause was seen to be utterly futile and its fate inescapable. Frankly I can't wait for the sequel. I hope it includes a scene where a gang of film critics are heaavily engaged in witty repartee before having what brains they have being sucked out.
February 5, 2017
Interesting concept. Awful movie but worth a watch.
½ January 30, 2017
Story is terrible and the ending is trash
January 25, 2017
Disappointing after reading so many peoples reviews saying this was 'diisturbing and a new idea' - it wasn't. Pretty impressive for the small budget though but overall I don't care about that!
½ January 1, 2017
This movie is so horrible. It has no plot and its very boring. (Spoilers) This is the whole movie. Aliens invade, Abduct all the humans, Earth strikes back even launching a nuke at the mothership. You think the humans may have won but the mothership puts itself back the together the humans lose the rest of them are abducted the end. This is probably one of the worst movies ever made.
jamrcla
½ December 7, 2016
Not as bad as critics were making out, Ok they did use every alien invasion film and put it into one, The action (What we had) was ok, The effects looked good 90% of the time, The acting really was a killer not by the men but the women they couldn't act at all, Even after a very weird ending it's not bad at all, Having said that it should of ended 5 minutes earlier, But it's still worth a look.
October 6, 2016
The movie acts like it's the sequel to Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. The godawful sequel to that godawful Alien vs. Predator picture.
September 30, 2016
Average Sci fi movie. Worth a watch if your into this genre.
August 29, 2016
This 'scary' invasion film is actually just some people running up and down stairs, and not forgetting to open the blinds occasionally...
½ July 25, 2016
My dad put on this movie which I didn't wanna see in the first place. Even He Hated it.
The Ending and Acting was Truly Atrocious, And Yes It's worse than Legion, It's probably even worse than prometheus,
It's That Bad!

Score: 1/10,
But since There are no good actors: 0.5/10,
And That It's Worse Than Prometheus It's Less,
Oh Yes It's 0/10
½ July 9, 2016
Dumbest plot casm of all, aliens get killed by small missiles and beaten to death with anything from a brick to an axe; but withstand the heart of thermonuclear explosion. riiiight....
½ July 5, 2016
Do not walk into this movie expecting greatness. Walk into this one with an open mind. You will not be disappointed as the action and mystique continue to grow and blossom into an incredible sci-fi movie!
June 22, 2016
There wasn't much of a story, but i still enjoyed Skyline for some reason. Cool Aliens maybe.