Sleepless in Seattle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleepless in Seattle Reviews

½ March 18, 2018
The movie is entertaining due in large part to the animated performance of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks and the fairy tale plot but some people may be turned off by the stereotype characters and the numerous totally contrived situations.
½ February 21, 2018
Norah Ephron's Sleepless in Seattle is sweet, funny and boasts a easy chemistry between its leads - all elements combined to make the film a 90's classic.
½ February 16, 2018
Sleepless in Seattle is a typical 90s romantic comedy, but a solid one which is actually better than most others. Tom Hanks is reliably good, but it is Meg Ryan who stole the show here as she's very charming and incredibly endearing. The film definitely has its charm, some scenes are quite sweet and the humor is solid. However, the soundtrack, though fine, is distractingly on-the-nose, some scenes are quite ridiculous, the ending is typically contrived, the overall storyline is very implausible and most of the characters are stereotypical.
½ February 15, 2018
This film is schmaltzy and very corny in places, but it's still a sweet, easy to watch rom-com.
½ February 10, 2018
Dire. Dull. Dreadful soundtrack.
½ November 1, 2017
Sleepless In Seattle: Atrciously incohearent, poorly paced, horrible acting, and unbelavaibly fake. Sleepless in Seattle stands as one of the most frustrating movies ever made and most awful in cinema.
September 22, 2017
Garbage, Garbage, Garbage.
½ September 2, 2017
When I was looking for a great romance film to watch, I was contemplating between this and When Harry Met Sally... I looked at the latter first. By the end of both, I was more satisfied with myself for picking these choices. Both have you guessing if soul mates are possible, and they do this by comparing the main couple with other people. The latter uses it to show the main couple over time, while Sleepless In Seattle uses it to convey the idea that even distance can't keep them apart.
August 29, 2017
Love this film and all Nora Ephron films!
½ July 24, 2017
Kinda wish they spent more time together on film
June 23, 2017
This is a good, sappy chick flick with a wonderful ending.
June 21, 2017
A heart warming movie perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks have a chemistry that's hard to come by today. This movie makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. Wonderful.
June 9, 2017
Well, as Chick-y as they come. Enjoyed the soundtrack. Tom Hanks is always good. Maybe expected a bit more overall. Easy to watch.
May 4, 2017
I want to say it's sweet and there is certainly some humor, but it is entirely implausible and ironically shallow. (First viewing - Late teen years)
March 20, 2017
Better than it should have been. There will be a few random films watched in the coming months. Ticking off our holiday destinations by film. Seemed an obvious choice to start with.
½ March 8, 2017
This is a decent romantic comedy. My sister used to play the theme song all the time when we were kids!
February 23, 2017
why did it take me so long to see this
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 29, 2016
makes you wonder about the magic and if it really does exist anywhere outside of movies.
½ December 4, 2016
This was decent because Tom Hanks is always good. The kid was funny.