Stardust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stardust Reviews

October 13, 2016
Maybe the strangest movie I've ever seen, but its fun and the soundtrack is amazing
October 6, 2016
From an emotional standpoint, "Stardust" feels rather confined by its standard fairytale plot, yet remains a charming adventure bolstered by the eye-popping visuals and the strong cast, which features a deliciously out-of-character Robert De Niro.
½ October 5, 2016
I put this film up there with other classics like Princess Bride and Willow. Must-have for any family film collection.
½ September 11, 2016
Almost as good as Princess Bride
September 5, 2016
Quite surprised that I didn't have the slightest idea about the existence of this movie. Wouldn't even have watched it if it weren't for the certified fresh score in RT. Narrated by Sir Ian Mckellan and based on a book by Neil Gaiman!? How did I miss this completely!
½ September 4, 2016
Very, very ordinary. It tries to be the new Princess Bride but instead comes off as obnoxious and self-conscious. Nice to look at, however.
September 3, 2016
Cute movie, fun story. Not as cheesy as I thought it was going to be!
September 2, 2016
There are few films out there that can genuinely capture that child-like whimsy and sense of adventure like Stardust does. The only other film I find comparable is The Princess Bride. No matter how old you are this film will bring out the kid in you. There's not a boring character in sight, it's a breakout performance for Charlie Cox as our hero Tristan as well as beyond excellent performances from Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert De Niro (De Niro ends up playing one of my favorite supporting characters in cinema, period). If you are looking for a filmic escape to a whimsical world of magic, adventure, and romance, this is the movie you need to see.
September 1, 2016
It's are to see a movie of this caliber it's a very different movie from any other film. It's part Fantasy part commandy and part action and part something else that makes this movie unique. There isn't a boring character in this film. And there never a boring scene. It's the weirdest movie ever but it's weird in all the places that it needs to be. It doesn't trying to be any other movie this movie knows what it wants to be and it nails it.
August 27, 2016
Take a mix of fantasy, creativity, originality and witty humor and you get Stardust. Awesome cast...Robert De Niro as Captain Shakespeare made my life
½ July 30, 2016
The movie is fun and I enjoyed it, but unfortunately, I just read the book before watching and can't help but compare/contrast (so many differences!). I preferred the book!
½ July 30, 2016
If you are looking for a modern 80s style film, this is it. The jokes, the cheese, the predictable action it is all there just with modern cinematography and effects. A fun little light hearted watch.
July 16, 2016
one of my most favorite movies
June 20, 2016
A fantasy flick that subverts the genre.
June 9, 2016
Interesting story, fabulous actors/actresses, beautifully captured... what more to expect? Already watched it four times now... one of my fav
June 5, 2016
Wasn't expecting much from this film but ended up loving it, Great cast and story and very well done but the ending was a big let down though.
May 21, 2016
An average fantasy but: sweeping photography of panoramic vistas aplenty, a collection of ghosts adding Greek chorus commentary about the action, and Michelle Pfieffer's glorious head witch.
May 3, 2016
An extremely fun adventure :)
April 30, 2016
Stardust wasn't the movie that I expected it to be, but it still was a pretty fun and good film.
½ April 17, 2016
This is a fantastic and fun movie. With awesome storyline, brilliant actor and an incredibly detailed magical world, this is a movie that worth watching again and again. One of my favourite fantasy movie to date.