Stardust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stardust Reviews

½ January 7, 2017
This is a fantastic film. I just didn't fancy it but I was convinced. The story and the acting was great. This is one to watch.
December 20, 2016
I don't know what's happening to me ...but this is a heart warming movie for all to see
½ December 14, 2016
This randomly came on and weather your a kid or adult the story is one for the ages. Heartwarming while full of action and deniro as a transvestite pirate. Classic in the making.
December 10, 2016
Stardust is an emotionally retarded, mentally off-kilter, and physically cheap career deviation for talented director Matthew Vaughn.
December 3, 2016
it's just original and brilliant
November 29, 2016
When you think of the typical love story, not many would think of the 2007 hit Stardust directed by Matthew Vaughn. This heart-wrenching love tale is about a young man and woman who happen to meet in the most unexpected event. They fall in love on their journey home while they face many obstacles that seem to be never-ending. Take a seat, get some popcorn and get ready for your heart to throb in this movie about why love beats all.
This movie stardust is all about a love story between an unlikely few. It all starts with a young man, Tristan, who is born between a common English man and a princess. He sets out on a journey to capture a fallen start for a maiden he is trying to pursue, but there is a catch, he must bring the star back by her birthday in a week. Meanwhile, across "the wall" just a few miles from Tristan's small village, a kingdom is facing the end of an era, the king has died. The king tells his sons that whoever of his royal blood finds his necklace first, will become the next king., and off flies the necklace into the skies. The necklace hits a star in the heavens and down shoots the star. Now, back to Tristan, he wishes on a candle to be wherever the star may be, and woosh he vanishes. He winds up in a crater, with a young girl and a necklace. He is in shock when he finds out the girl is in fact the star. They face sward fights, flying ships, and witches along his journey home to his beloved Victoria and his the girl, his star. The whole journey they face the horrifying fact that, many have set out to get the girl because whoever eats the heart of a star has everlasting life. The movie ends with the evil witches kidnapping the star away from Tristan, just as he has pronounced to her that he has fallen in love with her. He races away to save her, and kills the witch in an unnerving battle. The ending comes to a close with Tristan being named the new king, because as we discussed in the beginning, his mom was a princess and he has royal blood. They two fall in love, and live happily ever after.
I strongly recommend this movie, and in fact I might go, as far as to say it might be a favorite. Not only was it a timeless love story with lovable characters, but it also had comedy as well has thrilling and frightening scenes. The acting was captivating, and there were some big name actors like Claire Danes and Robert De Niro. However, one of my favorite characteristics was the music score of the film. I appreciate a good composition, and boy did Stardust deliver. After countless battles and a long journey to find love it was clear a major theme of this movie was that love endures, beats, and thrives above all.
Overall, Stardust is a great movie to watch when you're bored, lonely, sad, happy, really whenever because it has a little something for everyone. This movie is a great movie to just sit down and watch, and you should because it was immensely entertaining.
October 28, 2016
Great adventure and lots of fun
October 13, 2016
Maybe the strangest movie I've ever seen, but its fun and the soundtrack is amazing
October 6, 2016
From an emotional standpoint, "Stardust" feels rather confined by its standard fairytale plot, yet remains a charming adventure bolstered by the eye-popping visuals and the strong cast, which features a deliciously out-of-character Robert De Niro.
½ October 5, 2016
I put this film up there with other classics like Princess Bride and Willow. Must-have for any family film collection.
½ September 11, 2016
Almost as good as Princess Bride
September 5, 2016
Quite surprised that I didn't have the slightest idea about the existence of this movie. Wouldn't even have watched it if it weren't for the certified fresh score in RT. Narrated by Sir Ian Mckellan and based on a book by Neil Gaiman!? How did I miss this completely!
½ September 4, 2016
Very, very ordinary. It tries to be the new Princess Bride but instead comes off as obnoxious and self-conscious. Nice to look at, however.
September 3, 2016
Cute movie, fun story. Not as cheesy as I thought it was going to be!
September 2, 2016
There are few films out there that can genuinely capture that child-like whimsy and sense of adventure like Stardust does. The only other film I find comparable is The Princess Bride. No matter how old you are this film will bring out the kid in you. There's not a boring character in sight, it's a breakout performance for Charlie Cox as our hero Tristan as well as beyond excellent performances from Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert De Niro (De Niro ends up playing one of my favorite supporting characters in cinema, period). If you are looking for a filmic escape to a whimsical world of magic, adventure, and romance, this is the movie you need to see.
September 1, 2016
It's are to see a movie of this caliber it's a very different movie from any other film. It's part Fantasy part commandy and part action and part something else that makes this movie unique. There isn't a boring character in this film. And there never a boring scene. It's the weirdest movie ever but it's weird in all the places that it needs to be. It doesn't trying to be any other movie this movie knows what it wants to be and it nails it.
August 27, 2016
Take a mix of fantasy, creativity, originality and witty humor and you get Stardust. Awesome cast...Robert De Niro as Captain Shakespeare made my life
½ July 30, 2016
The movie is fun and I enjoyed it, but unfortunately, I just read the book before watching and can't help but compare/contrast (so many differences!). I preferred the book!
½ July 30, 2016
If you are looking for a modern 80s style film, this is it. The jokes, the cheese, the predictable action it is all there just with modern cinematography and effects. A fun little light hearted watch.
July 16, 2016
one of my most favorite movies