Stardust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stardust Reviews

½ November 14, 2017
Not a very good movie in general
November 2, 2017
One of my favourite movies...
October 9, 2017
BEST MOVIE EVER. you have it all here great fantasy, romance, comedy and action. i love it :)
½ September 29, 2017
really liked this was different had the princess bride feel to it
jamrcla
½ September 28, 2017
Wasn't expecting much from this film but ended up loving it, Great cast and story and very well done but the ending was a big let down though but kids will like it and it also appeals to the adult audience too.
½ September 2, 2017
very surprised by this movie, thumbs up
August 27, 2017
Just a lil' too cheesy
August 25, 2017
Intriguing plot driven by mystical, humorous adventures. However the storyline is somewhat lackluster and cheesy.
July 29, 2017
One of my all-time faves. Great cast - from the main characters down to the smaller role (goat man Billy is amazing!). A joyous romp into the fantasy genre with great scenery, humour, suspense and the expected glorious denouement.
July 7, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: It was clear from 'Layer Cake' that director Michael Vaughn had the gift of a certain gab and a real snappiness behind the camera, and perhaps unsurprisingly what an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's 'Stardust' manages to do is to give all that quirky brilliance a shell with equal personality. Yes here we really do get a quirky and human adventure that constantly walks the line between delivering wonder and emotion, and down-right hilarity - all with astounding prowess.
That really is an impressive feat, and in a way it could be argued that - much like in the film's source material - the engagement to be had wouldn't be there without the garish whit and personality brought by the sheer extent of almost-satyrical fantasy. In Vaughn's adaptation, the job is done silmontaneously with a bouyant and brilliant cast who bring their characters to life with a serious undertone and yet a bubbling madness, as well as hugely over-exaggerated yet equally wonderous visuals and humour that never fail to catch you off gaurd as much as they equally fascinate.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: There's no getting away from it - it's absolutely ridiculous. And whilst it should be (and thank god it doesn't take itself too seriously) that doesn't mean the film transcends particularly far to unlock proper emotion... or indeed much actual laughter.
VERDICT: 'Stardust' is just mad - mad that it engages, mad that it's so fun, and mad that it works. Basically then, in his second directorial attempt, Matthew Vaugh has done a very, very good job indeed.
June 29, 2017
Reminded me of Princess Bride but more quirky. Nothing not to like here.
April 16, 2017
It's wonderful. It is par to Princess Bride.
½ February 18, 2017
Based on a graphic novel (though I've only read the non-graphic version) by Neil Gaiman, I actually found this to be surprisingly faithful to its source. Having said that, it does veer off on its own tangent towards the end.

I'm also not sure about Ricky Gervais role in the proceedings: felt he was shoe-horned in too much, just because of who he was. While I also know others who were, shall we say, less-than-impressed by the role Robert de Niro also played, I actually felt this was a good move on his part as it shows a less serious side to his chacacter.

if you like 'Princess Bride' or 'Time Bandits', I think you'd like this.
½ February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 25, 2017
Most surprising film I have ever seen. Went into the cinema dreading it and came out LOVING it!
½ January 7, 2017
This is a fantastic film. I just didn't fancy it but I was convinced. The story and the acting was great. This is one to watch.
December 20, 2016
I don't know what's happening to me ...but this is a heart warming movie for all to see
½ December 14, 2016
This randomly came on and weather your a kid or adult the story is one for the ages. Heartwarming while full of action and deniro as a transvestite pirate. Classic in the making.
December 10, 2016
Stardust is an emotionally retarded, mentally off-kilter, and physically cheap career deviation for talented director Matthew Vaughn.
December 3, 2016
it's just original and brilliant