Stardust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stardust Reviews

May 21, 2018
It doesn't attempt to explain every plot turn, nor could it, but that doesn't affect its whimsical or likeable quality. In all, a lovely movie featuring strong acting, imaginative storytelling, and a surprising emotional element.
May 21, 2018
This film is worth watching for more reasons than I can count, but Robert DeNiro's performance alone is worth the price of admission!
April 15, 2018
didn't care much about it
April 12, 2018
Couldn't get through it...
April 8, 2018
Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of Neil Gaiman's beloved novel is an imaginative and humble little fantasy tale, benefit from a great cast and unique elements that both, differ and maintain from the source material, creating a film that works as a stand-alone adventure, and with a combination of both, dark and humorous elements that works, particularly, thanks to the charm and characterization that'll fulfill its characters, special mention to show-stealers Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert De Niro.
½ March 11, 2018
Is it weird that the one thing that really sticks out about Stardust is that one of the small subplots involves Daredevil and Superman getting into an argument? Well, I guess that's not entirely the case, but a young Charlie Cox and Henry Cavill essentially fighting each other probably would have been more than enough to please me. Stardust is far more than a simple love story or fairy tale, it's irreverent and oozing with genre fun. Oh and you also have an extraordinarily gifted cast across the board.

Films aren't really made like this anymore. It's so hard to come by a big budgeted/genre film with a lighthearted tone and with this type of humor. You could see it on TV, or perhaps in the 1980's, but good fantasy films are so disappointingly rare these days. The closest could perhaps be something like the Kingsman movies (which Matthew Vaughn also directed), but even those could just be labeled as success due to comic-book background.

But the pure fantasy adventure is surely something cinema's could use a little bit more of these days. If movies can get actors like Robert De Niro to do some of the ridiculous things he does in this movie, then I think we have a winning formula. But in all seriousness, Charlie Cox, Claire Danes, Michele Pfeiffer, Henry Cavill, De Niro, and Sienna Miller make for a fantastic ensemble cast of witches, Kings, a star (?), and one special prince to make for a thrilling adventure.

7.6/10
March 10, 2018
A creative, feel-good fantasy./ROMANCE FLICK.
½ February 4, 2018
Clever at the point of mix funny scenes with the dark athmosphere, innovative bringing to us a new fantastic world view, prettily acted with a lot of suspense and unpredictable narrative. One of the best fantasy movies ever made, It could have been the best if weren't some insignificant flaws caused because of the "flower of protection".
January 30, 2018
one of the favorite movies!
January 15, 2018
Sorry. Can't rate this fairy tale very highly. Corny, silly, pointless.
December 20, 2017
One of the all time great surprises in cinema history, fun, fun, fun, great music, black comedy, awesome cast, clever story, love the dead brothers , Michelle pieffer magnificent, mark strong early in his career fantastic, Robert de Niro what can I say, classic lines to remember a girl called Bernard , goat innkeeper classic, love it , family favourite
½ November 14, 2017
Not a very good movie in general
November 2, 2017
One of my favourite movies...
October 9, 2017
BEST MOVIE EVER. you have it all here great fantasy, romance, comedy and action. i love it :)
½ September 29, 2017
really liked this was different had the princess bride feel to it
jamrcla
½ September 28, 2017
Wasn't expecting much from this film but ended up loving it, Great cast and story and very well done but the ending was a big let down though but kids will like it and it also appeals to the adult audience too.
½ September 2, 2017
very surprised by this movie, thumbs up
August 27, 2017
Just a lil' too cheesy
August 25, 2017
Intriguing plot driven by mystical, humorous adventures. However the storyline is somewhat lackluster and cheesy.
July 29, 2017
One of my all-time faves. Great cast - from the main characters down to the smaller role (goat man Billy is amazing!). A joyous romp into the fantasy genre with great scenery, humour, suspense and the expected glorious denouement.