Starsky & Hutch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Starsky & Hutch Reviews

November 11, 2018
Considering the talent behind and in front of the camera, it is somewhat of a letdown. Stiller has a hit and miss ratio with comedy unlike Wilson who tends to shine in everything he touches. The biggest problem is the inconsistent tone that tries so hard to be one thing but then expects you to switch over into the story beats. They were probably better off turning this into a full blown comedy without the series tone, it doesn't work that well and robs the film audience of the talented stars. This is not one of the better shows turned to tv films out there but it isn't the worse, see Dukes of Hazard and Lost in Space for that honour. 10/11/2018.
½ August 14, 2018
Starsky and Hutch is a great remake of an older television show. This is a frat pack movie and most of them are here. Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller play the titular character and although not over the top funny they are a good mixture of drama and goofy fun. The cameo from Will Ferrell is a highlight and Vince Vaughn is great as the bad guy. This was made at the height of the team's output. This is a great Sunday evening movie.
½ July 30, 2018
June 2, 2018
like the 2017 "chips" film, Hollywood seriously has a problem with turning Okay 1970's, dramatic tv shows into raunchy, total crap comedies. bleh ....
February 26, 2018
hilarious and awesome. great cast (about 4 viewings)
½ January 26, 2018
It's certainly a better update than the execrable Dukes of Hazzard. But it's just so lazily done. The actors look like they all just turned up for a pay day. I liked the original TV show. It was light hearted and not played deliberately for laughs. This is a deliberate attempt at comedy and it fails, not least because it just isn't very funny. The sex scene is particularly jarring for this kind of enterprise and, like the rest of the film is just a case of trying too hard to engage. Stiller, Wilson and Vaughan have all earned their comic chops already and have gone on to better things (Vaughan is actually a better serious actor). Snoop Dogg seems to have, thankfully faded from view.
½ November 24, 2017
I couldn't get through the first hour of this thing! Sure, they showed a scene where a hot woman takes off her shirt and bra in front of them(why did she do that again?), oh yeah that's right, they were in the girls shower locker room! which was kinda hot, but I was annoyed by Stiller and Wilson's banter, and decided, "Hell no!"
½ November 13, 2017
This is a very entertaining movie. It has al lot of good jokes with good characters. The best part about this film is the chemistry between Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller. In this movie they are both so funny.
October 1, 2017
By know means is this a great film and by what I hear, it is no comparison to the old classic. Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller make an entertaining duo, joined by an amazing cast of supporting actors. It's a good laugh, that can't be denied but other than that it doesn't do much as a remake, or as a stand alone film.

It isn't something I'd choose out of a list to watch but it's pretty fun if you manage to catch it.
August 4, 2017
Ben Stiller plays in this movie I found him to be funny my favorite part is when they're driving the car out of control not on the road on a golf course that was pretty hilarious!!
July 22, 2017
One really good scene made me laugh hard. I'm a weird guy. Don't listen to me.
February 3, 2017
I loved the Original tv show and was a bit disappointed how this film turned out. There was some funny jokes and good car chases but overall very mediocre film.
December 26, 2016
I mean, you can watch it, but you might not be very happy afterwards.
½ August 13, 2016
Boring and dumb. At no point did I feel invested in the characters or care about what they were doing.
½ June 12, 2016
Good action-comedy-movie , lots of famous actors ...Fun time watching this ! SOMDVD
½ May 16, 2016
Featuring a good chunk of the actors who make up the so-called 'Frat Pack', Starsky & Hutch is pretty much exactly the kind of movie you would expect from the group. The plot and story elements feel familiar, and it lacks the wit or cunning observations to be a satire, settling instead for formula and easy jokes. It's unfocused and meandering at the best of times, but one thing it has going for it is the chemistry among the actors, who clearly love working with each other and enjoy being on-screen together. Unfortunately their inevitable buddy-cop bond is rushed, and the whole thing, while funny at times, is almost completely forgettable. A day after watching it I could barely recall a single joke.
½ March 26, 2016
This is a really good and funny movie. Ben stiller really did a good job and there's a scene in the movie when stiller is dancing and it made me laugh sooooo hard. This is a plot that you've heard before but they do it so good here that it feels like a new sort of plot. The one problem is probably how they stop the bad guy, but that's just a very big nitpick. This is a really funny movie and deserves so much more credit.
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
Being born in 1990 I can't really compare it to the tv series but having seen a few episodes from what I saw it seemed pretty loyal to the show, The film itself is uneven at times, Very predictable but also quite funny, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson were great fun and the big named supporting cast help with a few laughs too, The plot is same old story and the action wasn't great but there was some nicely done car stunts that help, With a little passing of the tourch cameo by the original Starsky & Hutch that topped off an average crime/comedy film that has allot of heart.
March 17, 2016
Gracias a la eficaz dirección de Todd Phillips, esta reactualización de la popular serie de TV de los años 70, en clave de sátira, logra salir avante. Owen Wilson y Ben Stiller demuestran su gran química, Snoop Dogg es perfecto en el papel del soplón Huggy Bear y la aparición de Will Ferrell es insuperable. Una divertida cinta sin pretensiones para pasar un buen rato en el fin de semana.
March 17, 2016