Starsky & Hutch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Starsky & Hutch Reviews

½ November 28, 2016
I couldn't get through the first hour of this thing! Sure, they showed a scene where a hot woman takes off her shirt and bra in front of them(why did she do that again?), which was kinda hot, but I was annoyed by Stiller and Wilson's banter, and decided, "Hell no!"
½ August 13, 2016
Boring and dumb. At no point did I feel invested in the characters or care about what they were doing.
½ June 12, 2016
Good action-comedy-movie , lots of famous actors ...Fun time watching this ! SOMDVD
½ May 16, 2016
Featuring a good chunk of the actors who make up the so-called 'Frat Pack', Starsky & Hutch is pretty much exactly the kind of movie you would expect from the group. The plot and story elements feel familiar, and it lacks the wit or cunning observations to be a satire, settling instead for formula and easy jokes. It's unfocused and meandering at the best of times, but one thing it has going for it is the chemistry among the actors, who clearly love working with each other and enjoy being on-screen together. Unfortunately their inevitable buddy-cop bond is rushed, and the whole thing, while funny at times, is almost completely forgettable. A day after watching it I could barely recall a single joke.
½ March 26, 2016
This is a really good and funny movie. Ben stiller really did a good job and there's a scene in the movie when stiller is dancing and it made me laugh sooooo hard. This is a plot that you've heard before but they do it so good here that it feels like a new sort of plot. The one problem is probably how they stop the bad guy, but that's just a very big nitpick. This is a really funny movie and deserves so much more credit.
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
Being born in 1990 I can't really compare it to the tv series but having seen a few episodes from what I saw it seemed pretty loyal to the show, The film itself is uneven at times, Very predictable but also quite funny, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson were great fun and the big named supporting cast help with a few laughs too, The plot is same old story and the action wasn't great but there was some nicely done car stunts that help, With a little passing of the tourch cameo by the original Starsky & Hutch that topped off an average crime/comedy film that has allot of heart.
March 17, 2016
Gracias a la eficaz dirección de Todd Phillips, esta reactualización de la popular serie de TV de los años 70, en clave de sátira, logra salir avante. Owen Wilson y Ben Stiller demuestran su gran química, Snoop Dogg es perfecto en el papel del soplón Huggy Bear y la aparición de Will Ferrell es insuperable. Una divertida cinta sin pretensiones para pasar un buen rato en el fin de semana.
February 26, 2016
really not a bad film. very funny.
½ November 28, 2015
From Ben Stiller to supporting roles from Snoop Dogg, "Starsky & Hutch" boasts comedic talent all across its cast. (With an uncredited cameo from Will Ferrell.) Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson collaborate again after "Meet The Parents" and "Zoolander" to bring fine chemistry between its leads; Director Todd Philips tones down his usual raunchy humor from "Road Trip" and "Old School" to bring a slight satire on the sitcom, as well as 70's fare/pop culture. (With a good soundtrack featuring notable 70's songs.) The biggest problem with "Starsky and Hutch" is that the film is never as funny as it should be; The humor isn't gut-bustingly hilarious but there are a few memorable set-pieces (Starsky's "cocained" coffee and his dance-off; The duo ruining a bat mitzvah by assassinating a pony; Snoop Dogg's encounter with Vince Vaughn at the golf course, etc.) "Starsky and Hutch's" story is a clichéd buddy-cop comedy with a few good scenes, with nothing particularly exciting or memorable, but you won't hate yourself for watching it. 2.5/5
November 16, 2015
Lots of action and funny scenes!
September 17, 2015
Has Some Funny Lines. I Never Really Got Into The Show & If This Is Anything To Go By It Is A Little Lack-Lustre. So Much To Offer...So Little Delivered. Stiller Is The Comedy Against The Wilson Dry Flavour..Little Bit *Yaaawn*
September 14, 2015
Starsky & Hutch is like 21 jump street before 21 jump street.Starsky & Hutch is a buddy cop movie filled with action and comedy it's fun movie. Yes it's silly but you know what i dug it but still i like more 21 Jump street and 22 Jump street .
September 9, 2015
I love this movie. Don't know what else to say. I mean, I will watch anything with Owen Wilson in it, and probably Ben Stiller, but this is just a fun warm movie. And pretty funny too.
½ August 29, 2015
Energetic action comedy with charismatic characters. An easy & fun way to spend 100min.
½ August 16, 2015
I love Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson but they ruined this classic TV show it was more of a spoof movie than based on the TV show
½ August 6, 2015
This is a funny, somewhat original movie that made me laugh. It had weaker moments, for instance the scenes with the little boy and the all-over-the-place plot, but it remains a film with some excellent humor, such as Ben Stiller on drugs and his dance-off, Owen with his two hot cheerleaders, Snoop in his element, the dramatics around the car and the jokes with ' the dragon'. good movie!
August 5, 2015
It's not the best Todd Phillips offer but this film is funny and sexy with a great soundtrack.
July 21, 2015
The cameo of the original duo was great to see....the rest of the movie,not so much.