Stone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stone Reviews

½ October 17, 2016
What a disaster movie - terrible!!
October 4, 2016
Three of the best actors in my book, it's a shame the theme was a bit lost to me.
June 12, 2016
solid acting but the pacing is god awful in this movie took 2 nights to watch
½ May 31, 2016
Ok movie but very wired and slow
½ February 22, 2016
A great cast, but the story is not nearly as interesting as expected.
½ October 25, 2015
Fine Mystery-movie with a good cast ! De Niro with Mila , De Niro with Edward fine acting again ! The ending just keeps me with a couple of questions ...but so have the actors ! My 35 De Niro Movie ...SOMDVD
½ August 29, 2015
It starts off in one direction. Than the story goes in another. Than at the end back to the beginning. Is that the only radio station in Detroit? If you can't stand it . Change it
May 22, 2015
This is a fairly underrated film. You'd think it'd be the perfect film due to the fact that some of Hollywood's most talented shine here (or attempted to). De Niro can make virtually anything worth watching, and this film is no exception to the rule. It's a decent thriller with some nice twists, gets a little slow and strange at times, possibly even boring as some, if you're like me, expected more action, never really got it. But, the film is still in my opinion watchable merely for the dialogue between De Niro, and Norton.
April 6, 2015
This film is a case where the performances carry the film. Norton being the stand out with a character he vaguely played before, this film suffers from a weak script with too many metaphors that unsuccessfully try to drive home it's religious meaning throughout. I cautiously recommend this film for the performances, plus it's good to see De Niro and Norton in their first film together since "The Score", too bad this film wasn't nearly as good as the latter. C-
February 22, 2015
Well that was disappointing
January 31, 2015
As always, Norton keeps your attention with every second that he is on screen. It is interesting watching the characters parallel each other, especially when one has a profession which forces him to judge others no matter how flawed he already is.
January 16, 2015
Stopped watching after ~45 mins. Norton was great tho, as always.
½ October 12, 2014
If only one character in Stone reacted as someone in his position would to the preposterous situation at hand, the movie would be 15 minutes long
September 20, 2014
Stone features a strong cast, who help make the film watchable. But the film isn't as interesting as it should be.
August 15, 2014
It was ok, good story!
July 24, 2014
Looks Like an intresing movie can't wait!!!
½ July 14, 2014
A relatively good movie, albeit forgettable, that is ultimately undone by it's heavy-handedness.
June 19, 2014
I felt I'd seen something important, but I had to research RT to understand what. I think the acting was sensational, though I agree that Jovovich was too broad in her flirtatioushness. Painful. Confusing. Interesting.
June 5, 2014
Slow as molasses. I love DeNIro and Norton. They've been in many great films and acted together in one. The only reason this film was made was them.
I liked Conroy as the neurotic mom in Six Feet Under. Stone is a slow, disjointed mess. It starts slow and ends horribly. The music drones on, lulling you to sleep. For once Netflix reviewers are right on. I was never really sure what was going on in this film. Everyone is a lost soul, part normal and part villain. Waste of a rental.