Stranger Than Fiction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stranger Than Fiction Reviews

March 6, 2018
Amazng movie! original, simple, different.
March 4, 2018
Really well written and acted.
½ February 14, 2018
Worthy! Great cast with a great script. Ferrell pulls off the new emotional terrain effortlessly.
February 3, 2018
All time favourite movie
January 3, 2018
Awkwardly charming. I loved it.
December 31, 2017
Entertaining to watch but there is something missing. It seems that, as professor Hilbert said, the new ending just lacked punch. Will Ferrell performance on his most famous drama role, was not bad, neither was it good, but he tried hard.
December 25, 2017
Lives up to its title. Aka how to create a sweet, life-affirming story via an inspired, engrossingly executed mindfuck. The moods of the film and the turns it takes might vary but the viewer follows suit because they've invested in the characters and can find parallels between this crazy story and real life - a poignancy that is only facilitated by the all-around great cast (okay, Emma Thompson gives her all and stands out but the subdued performances of the rest shouldn't go unnoticed either).
October 13, 2017
One of my favourite movies. I often find myself thinking back on it. It's also the movie that throned Emma Thompson as my favourite actress.

For me, it sits amidst others like The Colour Purple, Hot Fuzz and Dirty Dancing. Simple, well told, unique pictures.
July 27, 2017
This is one of my favorite re-watch movies. I love the story and the character development. Most over the top comedy people have a role that's completely out of character and turns a good movie into a beautiful one. This movie was Will Ferrell's contribution.
July 22, 2017
Interesting and comical. Not your typical Will Ferrel movie, but it is still comical at times and heartfelt as Gyllennaal's character is touching and strong. The writing is fair, but the plot gets more interesting as things unfold for Ferrell's character. This is a story-telling movie for adults as the narrator is funny and the plot turns into a major twists.
July 6, 2017
I'm not going to argue with anyone about it. This is simply one of my favorite movies of all time.
June 17, 2017
Just rewatched one of my favorite movies. This movie was so creative and so sweet. The relationship between Harold (Will Farrell) and Ana (Maggie Gyllenhaal) is perfect.
June 10, 2017
Interesting premise that's fun to watch unfold and Will Ferrell is great but there's no real impact to the story.
June 1, 2017
Gets the message across through unbelievably, Amazingly Accurate way to get everything beautifully, meaningfully shot, how every lines matter and the the way of delivering them, and yet keeps us entertained, joyfully, till the very end, keeps us wondering about what this film truly is about, in the manner of perfectly relieved misteries. So amazing that i didn't mind watching it for the second time on the very same day, just to be amazed by how every moment was put in an extreme effort, yet seem so effortless.
June 1, 2017
Not very memorable or particularly poignant, Stranger Than Fiction will fail to stick with you.
½ May 24, 2017
Surprisingly quiet but heartfelt movie about human connection.
May 22, 2017
it's probably #101 on my list of top 100 films.
April 17, 2017
What a great surprise to realize this was "that good romance with the flours and the tax guy" I had seen years ago! But there's so much more to this movie that I didn't remember! Glad I purchased it. Just love it!
April 15, 2017
Everything mostly remains unexplained
April 14, 2017
One of my favorite movies.