Stripes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stripes Reviews

March 1, 2018
Great funny movie starring bill Murray, Harold Ramis, and john candy. Man, this movie was good and I love comparing movies and this is way better than full metal jacket. Some people think that full metal jacket is better but in my opinion this is better because of its rachy ness and how crazy this movie is.
January 27, 2018
(4.5 out of 6)- We Want You!
When we don't know what we want to have a place that wants us to join. When we know what we want when it's looking & feeling good to know what high places we enjoy. When we know what others want when it's a free ride through life to enjoy low places. When we see the places we go each day we know what high places want high treatment and low places want low treatment to know this place is not for us. When what places we see others don't want us to be in we see our way out to join a place that wants us. When what places we see they want and don't want we see they'll take anybody when war wants people to fight. When what others see they don't want they see what is fighting for usin such places they know we will sure lose. When we don't know yet what places we want to get out of such experiences.

When what we do know is we don't want somethings gone when it's our mind, hair, manhood, fun, partying, and sex when such places reminds us of death. When we know what others don't want when it's the integrity of the army tarnished by such intolerable recruits to know such places are not meant for them. When we know such places are meant for us to prove those wrong when what we want we need to look the part. When what we want is what we know how to do and incorporate it with what we don't know to know any place we can make it work when it's our way that we like. When what others want we see they know they want to make such places look good and appealing to recruit more unwilling soldiers to like what we have to offer.

When we know what such places brings when it's what we want when it's everything we wanted and more when we are a hero.
January 10, 2018
It's a lot like Police Academy but with the Army instead. I know this movie came out before Police Academy, but I saw those movies first so yeah.. Can't say I found this all that funny, then again I didn't care for Airplane or Caddyshack either. Meh.
December 26, 2017
A classic must see film.
October 16, 2017
Solid comedy. Bill Murray is hilarious as usual. The second half of the movie is more serious when they rescue their friends from the Czech republic. But I still enjoyed it unlike many others. Warren Oates is brilliant. Good movie.
October 11, 2017
Close to stupid humor but decent.

Misfits taking expensive military vehicle out for a ride.
½ September 26, 2017
A mediocre 80's comedy is still better than a large majority of shit they're selling us these days in cinema.
September 2, 2017
Stripes and Full Metal Jacket suffer from the same syndrome... the first half of the movie was absolute genius and the second half was a stellar disappointment.
August 31, 2017
An all around great comedy with Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and John Candy!
July 31, 2017
Simply Hysterical and Unique. Warren Oates moves to the TOP of the bus and that's a fact Jack.
July 27, 2017
Entertaining enough but never hysterical early Murray vehicle. There's a lot of elements that feel extremely dated.
July 25, 2017
Classic Bill Murray although probably goes on a bit and loses its laser focus on the funny as the film goes on
½ May 28, 2017
A hilarious tour de force, despite a few annoying moments here and there!
½ March 27, 2017
The prototype of a preposterous, C-level 80s comedy. Often very funny, and at its best when it's just the fantastic comedians playing off each other. However, it's also dated, cliché, sexist and racist. Watch and laugh through the first half, then turn it off when the war/mission plot takes over.
March 8, 2017
Best comedy film of all time...ALL TIME

If you don't fall in love with this film check your hearts still beating.

A cast that all went on to be superstars and the loveable John Candy the cherry on top of the cake

I love this film so much
March 3, 2017
brilliant cast and slapstick
January 27, 2017
Very funny. I still enjoy watching it today. Fun to see Murray, Ramis and John Candy so young.
January 24, 2017
Just watched this again after many years and absolutely loved it. I really miss these kinds of movies!
½ January 8, 2017
Hilarious. It's funny how much of this still holds up. The end does drag on a little tough. I still think it should have ended at the graduation ceremony...
November 17, 2016
Hilarious! Bill steps it up here.