Stripes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stripes Reviews

October 16, 2017
Solid comedy. Bill Murray is hilarious as usual. The second half of the movie is more serious when they rescue their friends from the Czech republic. But I still enjoyed it unlike many others. Warren Oates is brilliant. Good movie.
October 11, 2017
Close to stupid humor but decent.

Misfits taking expensive military vehicle out for a ride.
½ September 26, 2017
A mediocre 80's comedy is still better than a large majority of shit they're selling us these days in cinema.
September 2, 2017
Stripes and Full Metal Jacket suffer from the same syndrome... the first half of the movie was absolute genius and the second half was a stellar disappointment.
August 31, 2017
An all around great comedy with Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and John Candy!
July 31, 2017
Simply Hysterical and Unique. Warren Oates moves to the TOP of the bus and that's a fact Jack.
July 27, 2017
Entertaining enough but never hysterical early Murray vehicle. There's a lot of elements that feel extremely dated.
July 25, 2017
Classic Bill Murray although probably goes on a bit and loses its laser focus on the funny as the film goes on
½ May 28, 2017
A hilarious tour de force, despite a few annoying moments here and there!
½ March 27, 2017
The prototype of a preposterous, C-level 80s comedy. Often very funny, and at its best when it's just the fantastic comedians playing off each other. However, it's also dated, cliché, sexist and racist. Watch and laugh through the first half, then turn it off when the war/mission plot takes over.
March 8, 2017
Best comedy film of all time...ALL TIME

If you don't fall in love with this film check your hearts still beating.

A cast that all went on to be superstars and the loveable John Candy the cherry on top of the cake

I love this film so much
March 3, 2017
brilliant cast and slapstick
January 27, 2017
Very funny. I still enjoy watching it today. Fun to see Murray, Ramis and John Candy so young.
January 24, 2017
Just watched this again after many years and absolutely loved it. I really miss these kinds of movies!
½ January 8, 2017
Hilarious. It's funny how much of this still holds up. The end does drag on a little tough. I still think it should have ended at the graduation ceremony...
November 17, 2016
Hilarious! Bill steps it up here.
½ November 9, 2016
I expect this film was better in the 80s. Great cast of all the good 80s actors. Funny in parts but not great comedy. The best bit was the mud wrestling. An ok watch but not as good as I hoped
September 26, 2016
A ridiculous story but with moments of great silly jolly fun.
½ September 16, 2016
Few funny parts, liked nerd guy from ghostbusters best. Inaccurate, makes army look weak, portrays CPT as a dud
August 19, 2016
Murray, who shined in his role of a groundskeeper in "Caddyshack", fails to find the same likability he had in his previous movie. The comedy is about a misfit in charge of a bunch of idiots in the military. As far as military comedies are concerned, this one is nothing new and feels more like an adolescent male version of "Private Benjamin".