Sully - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sully Reviews

½ September 9, 2018
Sully is a film that I suggest everyone see this year in cinemas. It is a true story of courage, wisdom and the story of man who made the biggest choice of his life... within a matter of seconds. Please don't let the fact that this film is based on a true story keep you away from seeing this film.
- Finesse Movie Reviews
½ August 23, 2018
Boring, obvious, no suspense and such a pathetic portrayal even the bloke it was based on thought it wasn't acceptably realistic.
August 22, 2018
The story itself is very simple and mercifully, Eastwood doesn't make this film longer than it needs to be. It is nicely filmed, well-cast and scripted. It is also very polished in that syrupy, feel good, semi-preachy Hollywood kind of way. I was a bit disappointed knowing that Eastwood was the director. Somehow, I expected something more substantial and raw from him versus something safe and full of sheen.
½ August 12, 2018
The actors in this movie do a great job as there characters and with Clint Eastwood directing it helps show the real events of what happened on that plane.
July 28, 2018
This movie pays wonderful homage to Captain Sully, and allows the viewer to see what happened in the cockpit and in the cabin.
½ July 22, 2018
An inspiring movie about a real-life hero who saved his passengers using his decades of expertise and calm composure under pressure. We could all learn something from this man, and I am glad that the versatile actor Tom Hanks played the main role!

This is one of the best movies I have seen this year.
July 18, 2018
Pese a lo básico que llega a hacer este guion Clint eastwood logra hacer un gran trabaja de la mano de Tom hanks regalándonos una historia sencilla pero con mucho contenido enriquecedor ,la magnifica figura de heroe que plasman es increíble.
July 1, 2018
Great story.. Very well done. Tom Hanks is a great actor
June 24, 2018
This movie is highly entertaining, yet not too scary. It is well directed and acted. It kept me entertained and made me cry, laugh, and smile a lot!
June 21, 2018
Fairly average retelling of an impressive story. Trouble is that everything happened so fast so the film makers have to prolong the story by looking at it through the critical lens of a tribunal. The pilot's love story in the background is kind of shoe horned in but to no real purpose. A great story but not one suited to film, maybe to an hour long documentary.
June 3, 2018
Although it does it's very best to flesh things out, there just isn't enough here to stretch into a feature-length film, from both a story and character perspective, something that becomes increasingly obvious the more it goes on; consequently, it feels very thin. That being said, it's wonderfully filmed and well-acted with Hanks performing the hell out of his part. If nothing else, it lets you relive the sheer amazement of the Miracle on The Hudson and re-affirms what most people (especially those on-board that day, you can bet on that) have known all along: Sully is a gosh darn hero who deserves nothing but immense respect for what he pulled off that day.
May 31, 2018
There's a few dumb lines early on, but once the drama really starts you can see why this has so many good reviews despite the usually dislikable Tom Hanks.
½ May 29, 2018
Isn't an perfect movie, but Clint Eastwood proof that he's an amazing director,and Tom Hanks, is an great actor for dramatic movies... Captain Phillips was awesome, and he don't does different at this one!
May 20, 2018
Tom Hanks is good as always, but this is not his best role. "Sully" is a solid, bibliographical film that centers around the miracle landing on the Hudson River, but is not as triumphant as the actual event. Like any recent Clint Eastwood films, it has flaws. For instance, the special effects on the planes can be noticeable and ugly. If a film centers around the crashing of an plane, it has to look real so that we, the audiences, can feel the danger surrounding the characters. Plus, the way the filmmakers ended the film was too abrupt and didn't have any proper ending. It literally ended like it was saying, "That's it! That's the movie! Not much else to say". This film clearly proves that Clint Eastwood hasn't been keeping up with today's changes in the filmmaking world. This clearly shows that he's aging and his directing skills will no longer be tolerant as the years goes by. Time to make a change in your storytelling, Mr. Man with No Name.
April 22, 2018
A airplane disaster movie without the disaster. To me this movie is a disaster because it is soooo freaking boring nd pointless!!!! Despite the nice camera work and supposedly good acting, you just don't feel the urgency of the movie.
February 26, 2018
This Movie is amazing I have watched it a number of times and it has even made me join Air Cadets.
½ February 17, 2018
You probably won't fully grasp the subject if you're not familiar with the aviation industry.
½ February 16, 2018
Highly enjoyable movie superbly told and acted. Incredible story close to the truth.
February 12, 2018
45%
Saw this on 19/12/16
Sully is what you call a lame and inept execution of a potentially strong story. Eastwood shamelessly relies of heavy cliches, card board cut out characters (like that of Laura Linney) and a genuine lack of thrill or excitement. Tom Hanks has nothing to do in here, yet he is ok in it. It is in fact Aaron Eckhart who endows some form of an acting talent is role that is so less important that he can actually be considered only as a mere side kick to Sully. The script of this dramatization does no justice to the real hero as it is just a usual, lifeless work.