Takers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Takers Reviews

June 4, 2017
A disappointing movie.
½ June 1, 2017
Some good action for a movie with an unbelievable plot.
April 9, 2017
This movie could have been better if worked on more. It could have been one of my favorites. The story is weak and you don't really get connected to any of the main characters. The plot is thin and feels as if the writers only cared about the action sequences towards the second half of the movie. Don't get me wrong if the movie had invested better drama into it and made us feel more connected to each character then hands down this movie would have been way better. This movie is only saved by it's cast and it's action sequences.
March 10, 2017
Oh my, 28% critics? For real? Were you smoking crystal meth during the movie?? Stop being racist. Ok the truth now, the movie is five stars hands down! An amazing all star cast! Ti truly played the role of a former friend turned scornful, jealous, ruthless, and back stabbing! You really want to see him get it in the end! If you like movies like HEAT with DeNiro, you should go bonkers over this! Let's go!
February 5, 2017
Too complicated and uninteresting. It almost put me to sleep. (First and only viewing - 8/31/2010 in theaters)
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 5, 2017
Fun action flick, just turn your brain off for a few hours and grab some popcorn.
½ October 25, 2016
The action and pace of this heist thriller are its best parts, the story is below-average.
½ August 17, 2016
what had the potential to be a great crime film falls apart in the second half. no real conclusion to the story.
May 8, 2016
It was ok. The plot was basic and very predictable. The main draw of the movie was the excellent cast. But they can only do so much.
April 20, 2016
A lame MTV style knock off of 'Heat'.
April 5, 2016
Great action packed movie!
½ February 28, 2016
Many unnecessary subplots, characters we don't like or care about, horrendous directing, stupid dialogue, formulaic, over stylized, and possibly the worst villain in action history (at the very least, the worst acted), but it's an action movie. And there's plenty of action. As for the acting, if Elba wasn't in the movie I don't think I would've been able to make it to the end.
January 30, 2016
Best Mexican stand off since, "Tombstone" Yup, we were well over due!
Psccch, give us a sequel'
December 27, 2015
Strong cast performance. Great character development perfectly perfomed by the all star cast. Great cinematography. There is much below the surface, which is where the critics who gave the movie 28% didnt venture to go.
August 16, 2015
The action is the best part of the movie
½ July 15, 2015
Run-of-the-mill heist thriller that isn't at all thrilling, but is decently acted with sharp cinematography. Takers isn't bad, but it's not really good either. The casting ensemble is awkward, the action sequences are well directed but not impressive, it's overlong and it's riddled with cliched elements we've seen before in better heist flicks like Heat or The Town. All in all, Takers keeps your attention on a low-pulse due to all the action and the pace never really bogging down, but the atmosphere is too stale to be engaged.
June 15, 2015
it was a fun rainy day action movie
February 24, 2015
Alright movie kept me interested the whole time, not a must see but a good movie to watch with friends and age approved people
January 13, 2015
Decent acting and some cool action scenes. Takers is very generic, but solidly done.