Takers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Takers Reviews

½ August 17, 2016
what had the potential to be a great crime film falls apart in the second half. no real conclusion to the story.
May 8, 2016
It was ok. The plot was basic and very predictable. The main draw of the movie was the excellent cast. But they can only do so much.
April 20, 2016
A lame MTV style knock off of 'Heat'.
April 5, 2016
Great action packed movie!
½ February 28, 2016
Many unnecessary subplots, characters we don't like or care about, horrendous directing, stupid dialogue, formulaic, over stylized, and possibly the worst villain in action history (at the very least, the worst acted), but it's an action movie. And there's plenty of action. As for the acting, if Elba wasn't in the movie I don't think I would've been able to make it to the end.
January 30, 2016
Best Mexican stand off since, "Tombstone" Yup, we were well over due!
Psccch, give us a sequel'
December 27, 2015
Strong cast performance. Great character development perfectly perfomed by the all star cast. Great cinematography. There is much below the surface, which is where the critics who gave the movie 28% didnt venture to go.
August 16, 2015
The action is the best part of the movie
½ July 15, 2015
Run-of-the-mill heist thriller that isn't at all thrilling, but is decently acted with sharp cinematography. Takers isn't bad, but it's not really good either. The casting ensemble is awkward, the action sequences are well directed but not impressive, it's overlong and it's riddled with cliched elements we've seen before in better heist flicks like Heat or The Town. All in all, Takers keeps your attention on a low-pulse due to all the action and the pace never really bogging down, but the atmosphere is too stale to be engaged.
June 15, 2015
it was a fun rainy day action movie
February 24, 2015
Alright movie kept me interested the whole time, not a must see but a good movie to watch with friends and age approved people
January 13, 2015
Decent acting and some cool action scenes. Takers is very generic, but solidly done.
½ January 5, 2015
Strong on-screen chemistry from the whole cast and a strong mix of style and grit make this otherwise generic heist movie very exciting.
December 25, 2014
this movie is the best one I could have ever seen
December 14, 2014
love the movie and the cast members are all to damn sexy rip paul walker
½ October 16, 2014
A stylish and energetic caper, not high art, sure, but it kept me watching and would actually warrant a second look.
October 9, 2014
Nothing special , just an enjoyable action movie that captures the attention thanks to a cast full of stars and action scenes quite predictable.
October 6, 2014
This was a must see, with some of my favorite actors... I loved this movie. Still watch it every chance I get.
½ September 23, 2014
Takers starts out as a mildly annoying buddy heist flick/cop drama/revenge tragedy, then realizes, "Well, shit, we don't know what to do with all this story, let's just hope it all gets resolved by tale's end." Lo and behold, the narrative convolution turns out to be this film's major setback, as it leads to 8 different subplots from 8 equally underdeveloped characters who smirk their way through tedious exposition, bland action, and painfully forced drama.
½ August 25, 2014
A definite copy of the Italian Job, but with some small changes. The characters act a lot more gangster, and it is an almost all black cast for the robbery team with the exception of Paul Walker and Matt Dillon, who fit right in with the rest. It dosen't differ much from Italian Job, and besides the cast, the big differences are how these men will kill for the money, the hiest dosen't go at all according to plan, and in the end only two survive. The movie also focuses on two cops who are out on the job to find these men, and their story is pretty good, and without it the movie would have been definatly missing something important. Most characters do seem to be missing on depth, but later in the movie it is kinda resolved. The action scenes are not great, but not bad, as the sound effects are cheap and overused. The last battles in the apartment against the Russians was good, with the light music playing over most of the battle sounds and the opposing sides firing through the walls, and very little if any blood was shown. The next small shootout where two of them walked out in front of a blockade of cops and where gunned down follows the same idea as the other one with the light music and is a very good scene. But all in all it is a copy of another movie, and even in this film it is said that they should go "Italian job" on the armored truck, and the movie plays out very similar to that film with the hole blown into the subway that the truck falls through, the betrayal of their friend, and the hacking of the lights at the intersections. So no points for originality although some stuff was changed, some scenes were well and good, and the action was ok. Ok movie, to bad it didn't have a different idea behined it all.