The Tale of Despereaux - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Tale of Despereaux Reviews

October 26, 2017
This is my favorite animated movie of all time. I do not see how it can get such low scores. Fantastic moral lessons to be learned throughout. The animation is beautiful. The story is uplifting.
October 19, 2017
In the year 2010 when I saw this movie on court street in Brooklyn NY to tell the truth I really don't like it here's why the animation is ok and it's fun for a whole family but the problem of this movie was a total wacky perplexing storyline that I don't understand the actors needs more energetic, the script needs to be update because the writing it's completely horrible and the end of battle of cat vs mice when the sun comes up and they said I'm sorry to each other 5 FREAKING TIMES ARE YOU KIDDING ME . After the movie My Ex Co Workers said to me that the movie was "cute" but to me it's not cute and this film don't have details which is not compared to the book. All I can say is that This film needs a Reboot and they should read the book before they make a movie 2/5 stars THE END.
October 7, 2017
Wooden animation but great voice work are the calling cards of this very average animated story.
September 8, 2017
I remember this one...
April 9, 2017
Holy fuck, this is really bad
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 28, 2016
Too many side stories and I muddled message to boot.
November 9, 2016
i thought it was great
September 30, 2016
Great animation, voice acting, and story.
Might be predictable but still fun.
½ August 22, 2016
This ranks as one of my worst movies of all time. Where does the vegetable man come from?!
½ July 17, 2016
stupid empty plot. full of incorrect facts and Improportions about rats.
July 9, 2016
Visually appealing to fans of highly stylized animation. All star cast providing excellent voice work. Not sure where the complaints come from for this enchanting little film which my family found delightful. This is a hidden gem.
½ June 30, 2016
I am pained by the removal of the moral darkness of the book. I guess it is a kid's movie though, and they would probably like it.
½ May 18, 2016
A boring and insulting waste of time, I'm still waiting for my refund after all these years, I could have watched a fresh-painted wall dry until peeling instead.
April 30, 2016
no entiendo cual es el problema de estas peliculas animadas qe su animacion es malisima y que suerte que fracasan en la taquilla, de niņo aunque la ubieras visto te vas a dar cuenta de estas peliculas malas.
½ April 7, 2016
It's pretty good, but it didn't totally blow me away. Worth checking out. Despereaux, one of the all-time cutest?
February 23, 2016
The story is now fresh or new and turns out to be a boring movie.
September 28, 2015
A decent animated film that has a good voice cast and good animation, but really stated to lose itself the farther the story progresses. I never read the book. It's one of those things I got a copy off but never forget Ickes up, so I can't judge this movie based on the quality of the book. I will say fans of the book may get a kick out of it but it's hard for me to day this film is really worth checking out.
½ September 13, 2015
This is my favorite childhood book. However the movie, everything was wrong with it. It portrayed Despereaux completely wrong. Ruined the whole mood of the book.
August 9, 2015