Tangled - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tangled Reviews

April 8, 2018
what a tale and the animation is top notch. great characters and the plot is very moving and it keeps you focused the whole time. a real tail about rapunzel.
March 31, 2018
fantastic Disney's animated movie. Great for the whole family,inlude small children
March 28, 2018
March 27, 2018
A great story, memorable characters and terrific visuals. "Tangled" is a not a film people will forget.
½ March 19, 2018
An inspired and compelling story about livelihood as a whole as well as the pursuit of finding one's dreams. Tangled has a beautiful setting, a colorful cast of characters, and one of the best villains of late. A breath of fresh air into one of the most iconic stories of all time. Tangled shines a bright lantern light onto a bright future for a new era of Disney Princesses.
March 16, 2018
Great movie, one of my personal favourite Disney films of all time - Mandy Moore and Zak Levi have great chemistry and the rest of the cast are fab - especially Donna Murphy "now I'm the bad guy!".
Definitely fun for kids of all ages and one of the few Disney movies I can happily watch again and again.
½ March 16, 2018
Something for the kids, and Mum and Dad too - very funny
March 15, 2018
Did I miss something 98% of a movie wow not what I thought it was not a good movie! For me it was to slow of a movie not A lot of the action but that's just what I thought
½ March 12, 2018
very good musical moments- so disney
March 7, 2018
I GOING TO WATCH IT AGAIN THESE MOVIE. VERY NICE
March 6, 2018
3/5/2018
Rapunzel retold definitely had some of the most adorbs animal support.
½ March 6, 2018
very, very cute story
½ February 22, 2018
meh maked me fall asleep boring
½ January 29, 2018
while the story is predictable and generic to a fault thanks to some impressive visuals,some solid musical numbers and a knockout performance from Donna Murphy kept the film together.
½ January 19, 2018
Stunning film, great fun adventure. As much as I enjoy Rapunzel's bubbly character, I give Flynn Rider credit as one of the best male characters Disney has given us in the past decade. Great movie.
January 15, 2018
a really cool Disney movie that was surpassed by frozen but nice to see Disney hitting its stride again
½ December 28, 2017
Tangled is not just an underrated Disney film, it's a underrated film in general. The humor is funny, the characters are lovable, and the animation is fantastic making this a film children and adults will enjoy.
½ December 27, 2017
A really great Disney fantasy film that no one was expecting. Much better than the likes of Frozen or the live-action Beauty and the Beast, or any other movie starring Josh Gad for that matter.
December 26, 2017
Not the best disney/pixar movie out there but its still acceptable. Its very funny:)
December 24, 2017
Despite the horrible last-minute name change, "Tangled" has the wonderful Disney magic of old! (namely, good characters in a good plot that reaches a good climax without being overly cheesy).

Now why is this film great? First, each character feels like they have their own individual personality and meshes well with the other personalities. EVEN THE HORSE is a likeable character, a stupid horse that in most disney films would just be a couple of throwaway jokes--he's got some genuine laughs and even a bit of a slight character arc. The romance is believable and given time to develop and grow, the villain is a good villain and very imposing/threatening, the plot is clever in incorporating a reason for Rapunzel to be in the tower as well as tying in the end scenes with that same purpose. Most of the songs are fine, and there's one or two that are genuinely lovely and great plot/character development as well. It's just a solid, well crafted film.

I only have two nitpicks for the film: The villain brothers weren't really necessary (probably added to give the villain side a more "physical" threat?) and the knife didn't have any blood. But that's nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, this was such a great film and started Disney's revival for good reason.