Tangled - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tangled Reviews

½ August 16, 2017
Tangled has the best computer graphics and visual effects for water and hair animation that any animated movie can ever ask for. The story's not too lazy, but it's also not too shiny. I felt the movie's team did better on the visuals than the creative writing components, and they made the songs (especially the DREAM song) go on for too long, but overall I enjoyed Tangled.
August 6, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Great story, lots of laughs all the way through. Cute characters, good songs, lots of fun...and Disney looks great with the digital touch. Watch it when you get a chance :)
August 4, 2017
Visually stunning, the 50th Walt Disney Animation is a pleasant return to form with a rich and creative story with a lot of twists.
As well good songs, incredible and vibrant characters like Rapunzel, of course, Eugene or Pascal, a great antagonist, and some beautiful and touching moments. It's the perfect movie for all family to watch!

|It's a 9,0 out of 10|
July 27, 2017
story and characters are interesting, songs are great and animation is nice.
½ July 1, 2017
Only little girls will find a touch of happiness in this thing called a film
½ June 27, 2017
Lots of fun on Disney's subversion of Rapunzel.
June 21, 2017
All Disney Magics will come true :)
June 20, 2017
Tangled is a fun movie to enjoy thanks to it's great voice performances and animation.
June 13, 2017
This movie has a great soundtrack and great acting from Mandy and Zachary. This movie has so much heart! It'll make you want to be a Disney princess.
½ May 31, 2017
While Tangled has a lot of familiar threads to other Disney classics it still has that Disney charm from the characters to the songs.
½ May 30, 2017
Tangled is fun, sappy, and full of those crazy-catchy, instant-classic songs that Disney is famous for. Worth a watch.
May 26, 2017
Walt Disney Animation Studios did a great job for their 50th theatrical feature. Tangled is beautifully animated, greatly scripted, and has a cast of lovable characters.
May 8, 2017
The characters are very funny and likable, the songs are all good fun, and the animation is gorgeously rendered, but the story, as good as it is, feels a bit too similar to The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Either way, this was the film that officially proved that Disney is able to make great computer-animated films without the help of Pixar.
May 5, 2017
Other than the great animation I did not enjoy this film. I found some of the characters to be annoying and not funny at all. I didn't enjoy any of the songs and the plot is the same old same old. I could pick this film apart to death but it would make this review too long. I do not recommend you seeing this. See the new Moana instead, it is 100- better.
May 1, 2017
This was a enjoyable movie good laughter it made a great fairytale movie with good singing and dancing, my favorite character was Flynn Rider family's should see how funny this movie is!
April 30, 2017
Amazing visuals, and a pretty intereesting plot, wiht funny scenes. What else can we expect from a Disney movie.
April 23, 2017
Tangled is directed by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard, and it stars Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi in a 3D animated film about a girl that has long hair, and couldn't go outside as her mother doesn't want her to because it's danger out there, but then comes Flynn Rider (Zachary Levi) who stole the crossbar and come across Rapunzel's (Mandy Moore) place where he got captured, and got in a compromise that lead to Rapunzel going outside for the first time. This is one of those films that the choir students made a consensus on what to choose from my set of DVDs, and this is the second one that they chose. Luckily they managed to really like it, and with good reason as Tangled is an excellent film. Mandy Moore is great in acting very adorable and being likable, and has a great voice when she sings her songs. Zachary Levi is having fun with his performance that gives some hilarious moments, especially when he has to deal with a horse named Maximus. The animation looks amazing as the places that they go to look real, and the hair animation looks very fluid that you can say that that looks like real hair. The story of it is really good that felt like a modern fairy tale, and kept itself tight and interesting with great writing by Dan Fogelman. The score by Alan Menken is very catchy that has some great songs to listen to, and with I See the Light being one of the most romantic songs that I ever heard of. The characters are a lot of fun to watch, especially Maximus and Pascal who only give some visual imagery, and it's really funny to watch. The action is entertaining to rewatch, and the villain is a bit more developed than the villains that we get in Disney films nonetheless. It's clever, it's heartfelt, and delightful to watch that Tangled is never too old.
April 7, 2017
An entertaining enough movie, Tangled takes the story of Rapunzel and makes it fun for a modern audience. It's not one of my favorites, but is worth watching if you enjoy the Disney princess films.
½ March 31, 2017
Tangled (2010): is Disney's 50th animated feature as well as their first disney princess movie to be made entirely in CGI. In my opinion, it's one of the most charming and irresistible animated movies that Disney has put out in a long time. The story is based off of the well known fairytale of Rapunzel but it's just wonderful on how Disney took the story and incorporated many fascinating elements that make it an amazing experience. The movie is also not afraid to go dark in some scenes and their are also a great deal of action packed scenes to speed up the pace. The characters are a lot of fun and have a great amount of time devoted to giving them personality and charm. Rapunzel is quirky and naive while also having a great amount of free spiritedness. Flynn Rider A.K.A Eugene has a lot of funny moments being a thief but his change of heart is what admire most about his character. Maximus and Pascal are great for balancing the mood and they have a nice deal of cute and funny scenes. Mother Gothel is an very entertaining and threatening villain. I like how she replicates the traits from past female Disney villains. Flynn and Rapunzel's relationship is one of the biggest highlights in the entire movie. Their chemistry is charming and I really like how they share about each other's feeling when they start to become closer. The animation is amazing and the color palate they use is eye popping and lovely. It works the best during the "I see the light" sequence where there is a thousand lanterns lifted in the sky and the overall mood is uncontrollably lovely and amazing. There are also a lot of great details when it comes to Mother Gothel's tower, The German kingdom and even the scenery of the forest in general. They all just splendid to look at. The Music, much like the movie is lovely and irresistible. A lot of the songs are catchy as well as fun to listen to. They surprisingly help expand on the character's feelings and each of them feel very identifiable to whoever is singing. I also kinda like how some of the songs like "When will my life begin", use the acoustic guitar. This helps give the music a sort of modern upbeat like style which is kinda cool to see Disney do. I have no problem in saying that I absolutely love this movie. It has become one of my favorite Disney princess movies for quite some time and it just has everything that a great fairytale movie should have (A)
March 25, 2017
really good, aldo its sad they never really did a sequel to see how rapunzel life developed.