Teeth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teeth Reviews

½ August 15, 2016
Indie Horror-Comedy at its best.
July 12, 2016
I think this is one of the worst premises for a film I have ever seen. What a waste!
July 3, 2016
Sure men will be squeamish and women will be laughing, I personally found it more dull.
May 25, 2016
Ok first off this was a pretty unique film. I mean it really revolves around a girl who has teeth on her vagina. Her whole life she really never has been able to sleep with anyone, because well her teeth downstairs do damage. It is somewhat a horror comedy, but it just wasn't necessarily my cup of tea. It was pretty interesting to see the lead character have to deal with this unique and odd problem and she goes through her life. You do find yourself rooting for her as it explores how guys view women as sometimes a piece of meat.
The film on surface was pretty good, but it didn't have a lot of depth to it. It is what it is and that is a strange film.
½ May 17, 2016
A film about a vagina with teeth, what's there not to enjoy? A lot actually. This was a terrible film in all aspects. I've never been a horror type of fan although ironically my favourite film is alfred hitchcock's psycho but seriously, who came up with this idea? It's just a really weird film that I've wanted to see for a while due to some critics giving it decent reviews.. However I don't get why at all. The acting, the story, the everything is terrible.
½ April 28, 2016
Don't know if I should feel disgusted, amused or bored
April 13, 2016
A young woman raised in the shadow of a nuclear plant develops an additional set of bony formations, making her puberty ripe for film treatment. Firmly based in a fear of women it makes for some gruesome teenage horror shocker viewing. There's some little comedy too, to lighten the sting. Interesting.
March 6, 2016
I will be straight up, I did enjoy this film, it was funny and definitely an interesting take on body horror. Sure this movie has many plot holes and is poorly paced but there is a glimpse of something good in there.

Let me talk about the good points first, this movie was very entertaining, the thought that a vagina could have teeth in it is strange. The fact they only come out when Dawn is in danger, or later when she wants to, is amazing, a great survival technique. I thought the relationship between her and her step brother would have been very interesting if it was fully developed, thus giving the movie more plot, but I certainly thought it was interesting. Sick, but interesting.

The bad parts of the movie were how subtext played a great role in your understanding of the film, and sometimes this is a good thing, it makes you think deeper into the film, however when you need to use subtext to understand basic plot elements. Well that is when the movie starts to fall through, which is exactly what happens in Teeth.

Overall though I found this movie entertaining, it would have been nice if the plot was further developed, but I feel as if the film still holds up due to its entertainment value.
December 25, 2015
Funny, gory, odd, I enjoyed very much!
½ November 16, 2015
'Teeth' is a cringe-inducing horror-comedy from which you simply can't look away. It has a lot to say about society's male-driven view of sex, and subverts it with horrific results.
November 3, 2015
When people told me how morbid this movie was i couldn't help but watch it. Its not that good, its bland and too lacking for good material for script, story and character. I don't have a problem with people being active in the purity community, those who wanna save their virginity for the special someone. This movie kinda told me another story about that topic. It kinda told me that no one is committed to a promise because of human and animal nature. Don't believe me? The main character was tempted to have sex with the guy who almost rapes her, he who also can't be committed to the purity promise because he confessed that he masturbates. This movie is just hard to watch because of this cryptic silence that hangs over the movie, just makes me think the script for this hour and a half film is just three pages long. She eventually becomes a stereo-type in fairy tales about women who have monster teeth for vaginas. But wait, there's more. It doesn't even show the monster teeth on her vagina, not once. Just a bunch of dicks being bitten off. I was sitting back bored just thinking and waiting for the moment when the girl wakes up and, it turns out to be a dream the whole time. But no, questions pile, mysteries go unsolved. If this movie was attended to be another monster movie it would be in the Shyamalan section. This movie is lacking, trying too hard or not trying at all. Don't bother watching this movie, cause theres nothing to see and i'm not just saying that cause. Spoiler Alert, they don't show the vagina monster teeth. This movie should just be called, Strong Vagina.
October 16, 2015
definitely an original, worth checking out for my horror fans
October 15, 2015
Though unbelievably revolting at times, it has an unusual likability with a film concept that's very darkly comedic and completely disturbing at the same time.
September 29, 2015
Crazy premise. Well carried out. The characters were interesting enough to add to this story as not just a horror movie.
September 21, 2015
Starts good, finishes terribly
½ August 20, 2015
As a male, Teeth was incredibly painful to watch. A feminists dream horror film.
August 19, 2015
Well ... that was different.
August 13, 2015
A campy, funny, and gory feminist satire of the horror film. It all doesn't work quite as well as Ginger Snaps, but it's great, subversive fun. [B+]
½ August 7, 2015
Great idea for a movie but they didn't use it very well. Super bad acting and the script isn't so good either.
July 28, 2015
three stars because it's a ridiculous concept