Teeth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teeth Reviews

December 9, 2017
Already has the making of a cult classic, no maybe about it! Highly recommended. The rottweiler scene at the end ---- high end black comedy! Five stars.
½ October 31, 2017
It is interesting to see this movie which is poorly directed with an absurd plot, get puffed up by critics for no reason other than their political beliefs. Evidently, the rest of the world that lives, in reality, does not think this movie to be anywhere deserving of 79%. This is an "it's so bad it's funny" horror flick. Critics like to cast their political views on the content they are reviewing, rather than what the film is actually worth entertainment wise. A great example of this is the movie "Red Pill" which is rated 33% by critics yet 91% of the audience. People might actually take critics seriously when it becomes obvious that they aren't being paid by companies with their own political agendas.
October 23, 2017
I was left uncomfortable and paranoid after viewing the horror film "Teeth," Not because it was terrifying and good, but because it was incoherent, poorly paced, poorly acted, and overall poorly executed. I'm not sure where to start because it fails on every level. I guess I'll start in that the films motives are unclear. It depicts pro abstinencers as weird cult-like freaks, but everyone else as horny rapists and serial killers. All the scares are based only in the gore of sliced dicks. None of the characters were well developed or had a single arc. The music was strange to say the least. I think the worst thing about "Teeth" is the wasted potential, if only it embraced its b-movie premise. "Teeth" makes you question you own existence in that you are so bored and dumbfounded by the writing that you question every little thing until you reach yourself and become a depressed alcoholic who dropped his full ride at mit for a life of narcissism and self deprecation and drinking and heroin only to die alone and sad in a one bedroom apartment in upstate California.
½ October 22, 2017
Really lacks focus and fails to explore the interesting premise fully.
½ September 18, 2017
Everyday we stray further from gods light
½ September 11, 2017
Very clever movie that literalizes fear of rape by creating an "evolutionary advantage" for the victim. Really deserved a much larger horror audience.
August 31, 2017
Extremely disturbing for anyone.
May 26, 2017
It was the worst movie i have seen in a year at least. It was boring and ludicrous... If i had to watch it again i would take my 22 caliber rifle and pump 10 rounds into my stomach to i would suffer a slow demise like i would deserve because obviously my lack of common sence would be a detriment to the human gene pool.
All the critics that say its ok are high on crack or perverse in some manner.
Its about a serial killer who have teeth in her vaj and she kills people with that. It has like a 68 percent rate on here (idk how) yet the cobbler (which is funny and original) has like a 6. Yall had your fries a little over-salted if you catch my meaning there.
May 23, 2017
'Teeth' isn't great. It doesn't have the best cast or the best cinematography - in fact, it's pretty threadbare. It is, however, unafraid to push boundaries and make its message and imagery as vivid and memorable as possible. For that and other reasons, 'Teeth' deserves its cult icon status.
½ January 24, 2017
An interesting and clever addition to the horror genre. Deep and disturbing as well.
½ August 15, 2016
Indie Horror-Comedy at its best.
July 12, 2016
I think this is one of the worst premises for a film I have ever seen. What a waste!
July 3, 2016
Sure men will be squeamish and women will be laughing, I personally found it more dull.
May 25, 2016
Ok first off this was a pretty unique film. I mean it really revolves around a girl who has teeth on her vagina. Her whole life she really never has been able to sleep with anyone, because well her teeth downstairs do damage. It is somewhat a horror comedy, but it just wasn't necessarily my cup of tea. It was pretty interesting to see the lead character have to deal with this unique and odd problem and she goes through her life. You do find yourself rooting for her as it explores how guys view women as sometimes a piece of meat.
The film on surface was pretty good, but it didn't have a lot of depth to it. It is what it is and that is a strange film.
½ May 17, 2016
A film about a vagina with teeth, what's there not to enjoy? A lot actually. This was a terrible film in all aspects. I've never been a horror type of fan although ironically my favourite film is alfred hitchcock's psycho but seriously, who came up with this idea? It's just a really weird film that I've wanted to see for a while due to some critics giving it decent reviews.. However I don't get why at all. The acting, the story, the everything is terrible.
½ April 28, 2016
Don't know if I should feel disgusted, amused or bored
April 13, 2016
A young woman raised in the shadow of a nuclear plant develops an additional set of bony formations, making her puberty ripe for film treatment. Firmly based in a fear of women it makes for some gruesome teenage horror shocker viewing. There's some little comedy too, to lighten the sting. Interesting.
March 6, 2016
I will be straight up, I did enjoy this film, it was funny and definitely an interesting take on body horror. Sure this movie has many plot holes and is poorly paced but there is a glimpse of something good in there.

Let me talk about the good points first, this movie was very entertaining, the thought that a vagina could have teeth in it is strange. The fact they only come out when Dawn is in danger, or later when she wants to, is amazing, a great survival technique. I thought the relationship between her and her step brother would have been very interesting if it was fully developed, thus giving the movie more plot, but I certainly thought it was interesting. Sick, but interesting.

The bad parts of the movie were how subtext played a great role in your understanding of the film, and sometimes this is a good thing, it makes you think deeper into the film, however when you need to use subtext to understand basic plot elements. Well that is when the movie starts to fall through, which is exactly what happens in Teeth.

Overall though I found this movie entertaining, it would have been nice if the plot was further developed, but I feel as if the film still holds up due to its entertainment value.
December 25, 2015
Funny, gory, odd, I enjoyed very much!
½ November 16, 2015
'Teeth' is a cringe-inducing horror-comedy from which you simply can't look away. It has a lot to say about society's male-driven view of sex, and subverts it with horrific results.