The Terminator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Terminator Reviews

½ February 21, 2017
Not bad, not worth all the fuss.
February 20, 2017
One of my top 3 favorite movies of all times. Everything was aligned perfectly great time travel action love story.
½ February 17, 2017
So... it was a good movie and all, except for one hole in the story/plot. How could John Conner send Kyle (his Father) from the future if he wasn't even born yet? And also taking into account that Kyle died just before the Nuclear War, he couldn't have been there at all!
At the start of the movie, Kyle stated that he grew up after the war, and John Conner taught him how to fight. So was he like...re-born or something, or is it just a confusing play with time?
½ February 14, 2017
Not exactly Terminator 2, but it's pretty good.
February 9, 2017
My second favorite Sci-Fi movie of all time, right behind Blade Runner. Great acting, great soundtrack, amazing atmosphere, and it's terrifying. I may be a little biased because this was the very first Rated-R movie I watched, but there's no denying that this was an influential movie in Sci-Fi.
½ February 7, 2017
A cyborg assassin is sent from 2029 to 1984 to kill Sarah Connor, a young waitress, whose unborn son will lead humanity in a war against the machines, while a human soldier from that war is also sent back to protect Sarah at all costs.
February 5, 2017
I am watching all of Schwarzenegger's movies in order, this is #7. This would be the first movie in the list that I would recommend people watch. The original Terminator is over 30 years old and is still better than most of the sequels that it spawned. Classic Arnold lines, and still a good movie despite it's age.
January 26, 2017
Pretty scary first time watched. Bit dated now but still absolute classic
½ January 14, 2017
This was a great movie. It was fast-paced, the story was great, and I highly recommend it for those action-adventure people.
January 10, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 16, 2016
There's a reason it's regarded as a classic. Arnold makes this movie legendary.
½ November 29, 2016
The Terminator is about a human cyborg who has been sent to kill a women who will give birth to a child that sets multiple events into a chan reaction. During this movie a man named Kyle Reese is protecting Sarah Connor from this evil machine so she can seal the conception of this child, and he must do whatever it takes to save her and stop the Terminator. This movie to me is just a bit to overrated although I really did enjoy it, it grips you into the plot and characters very well. My issues with this movie are that it doesn't want to really show what emotion you would probably really have, but it does try, another thing is the way they try to mull over some of the characters issues, but aside from that, this is a great movie non the less.
November 21, 2016
True great action of playing evil robot.
November 20, 2016
I was obsessed with this movie when I was younger and I still love it to this day. This movie really changed what a Sci-Fi could be back in the day. Arnold Schwarzenegger is delightfully evil in this. This is one movie that everyone has got to see at some point.
November 20, 2016
Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) is a struggling waitress whose humdrum life is upended by a time-travelling killer cyborg (Arnold Schwarzenegger) who hunts her with ruthless and relentless efficiency. It turns out that she's going to give birth to a hero who will lead humanity against a robotic uprising in the 21st century; the machines, driven by desperation, are trying to kill her before she gets pregnant. However, a time-displaced resistance fighter (Michael Biehn) has vowed to protect Sarah with his life. The Terminator turned Arnold Schwarzenegger into a superstar, propelled director James Cameron to the Hollywood elite, and launched a now-tired franchise, but this film is more than the sum of its catch phrases. It has a rock-solid story structure, tons of cool action scenes, a gripping performance from Hamilton, an iconic turn from Schwarzenegger, a tight, no-nonsense pace, a tense and memorable score by Brad Fiedel, and cool special effects from Stan Winston.
November 20, 2016
The best Schwarzenegger movie, Cameron movie and on of the best movies of all time. A big, well made mixture of action, drama, romance, horror e sci-fi in one movie!
November 20, 2016
The one that started it all. With a unique concept and action set pieces that put many modern film-makers to shame, Arnie really established himself in this classic... and this was only the start.

A+
½ November 4, 2016
An incredible action thriller about the hunt of an unstoppable machine for the future mother of a rebellion, great concept and idea, the script and direction are great and the performances by Hamilton and Schwarzenegger make it even better. An all time action/sci-if classic.
½ November 1, 2016
I know, I know. Such a low rating for a such a brilliant midnight B. I was in my early 20s and am another of the minions who remember seeing this first run at a theater. It was definitely one of my group's cult films - and a cult film is EXACTLY where this fits. James Cameron DID orchestrate an extremely smart action scifi flick, especially on such an obviously low budget, with lots of little gems throughout. Arnold is BY FAR the best pick for the killing machine and his classic quotes will never leave me. However, as gripping as this was back in the day, even then I felt the police were a little obtuse in how they just couldn't figure out that there was something occurring that here that wasn't the norm. Where this is a low budget B, I ALWAYS felt that Cameron could have done better in his choice of a leading lady, as well. Where Michael Biehn is fairly believable in his role, Linda Hamilton is rarely credible in her reactions to the hostilities, with an acting range from A to B. Again, I DO realize that this is a low-budgeted action B. I get that and accept for that. I just really wanted to like it more than I did, both in '84 and now. Arnold and the later stop-motion cyborg = great (even with the inexplicable Austrian accent). Supporting cast = decent, but characters are less than bright. Biehn = good. Hamilton = unappealing. Today, in viewing it again, the drawbacks restrict some of what had been heart-pounding action back in 80s. It's still a fun B with great one liners, though. Just not a fav.
October 30, 2016
i think this is one of the best Arnold Schwarzenegger's best movies ever made in the 80s