The Terminator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Terminator Reviews

July 28, 2016
****
It may not be the classic T2 ended up being, but the original Terminator is still a great sci-fi movie in its own right.
July 25, 2016
"I'll Be Back!" This was Arnold Schwarzenegger favourite phrase of the terminator movies. It had Awful Soundtrack but that's just the 80's. which is good because at least it's Exciting and worth a watch and you don't even have to waste your time.
This is the best 80's Arnold Schwarzenegger movie i have ever seen,
The Rating is 100% and i have to say, It really is that good!
One Last Thing: Arnold Schwarzenegger carries so many Guns to kill a lady named Sarah, And It's a purpose of the terminator becoming a Real Life Killing Machine!

Score: 10/10
July 25, 2016
For the rest of time, this movie will be known as one of the best films of all time. It was this film that sparked James Cameron to fame. Still the best of the whole series. Even if Terminator 2 was awesome, it can't beat this.
July 23, 2016
James Cameron is awesome!
July 14, 2016
I love the second film of terminator expect this one
July 13, 2016
The Terminator is my favorite villain for many reasons, and all are clearly explained in this film. The future war is something that could actually happen, based on the amount of technology we have nowadays. Not to mention that a famous movie quote comes from this film, one which Arnold Schwarzenegger has used in many other films in his career after this one, parodying the tone of it.
July 11, 2016
I loved it! It had a lot of action in it! But all the naked scenes... yuck! I am 8, do think I like it? No!!!!! But do rate it 4 stars because it has some spooky parts. Like the part at the end, when there getting chased by the Terminator in the factory. The other reason I rated it 4 stars is because of the whole "Your Terminatated F*cker" thing. It is inappropriate for kids watching the movie! Well, it is already a inappropriate movie, I already established that there are naked scenes in this movie. But overall, I love it!!!
½ July 11, 2016
A classic tale of robot trying to do his job and a jerk human getting in the way. IT Support at its worst.
July 5, 2016
One of the most masterful pieces of casting ever recorded, with less than 100 words of dialogue for the primary character was all it took to create major stars out of the lead actor & director. Cameron's film has long since been copied & glossed over that people have almost forgotten what an innovative concept the original 'Terminator' was upon its initial release. Fast-paced, well-written, with a unique vibe that keeps you slightly off-balance from start-to-finish. Essential viewing!
July 3, 2016
One of the best low budget films, in my book The TERMINATOR, and ROBOCOP. okay movie producers, we need ROBOCP VS. THE TERMINATOR Movie please make this happen.
July 2, 2016
Only outdated special effects hampers it.
½ June 30, 2016
Well shot and dramatically written. Unfortunately, there was the one unnecessary sex scene that ruined it for me.
½ June 22, 2016
Surprisingly very good action/science-fiction movie, has a really great story to back up the movie as well. My only complaint was the amount of violence and gore, I have no problem with gore, but in a few scenes it was just too difficult to keep on watching. Also, the movie feels tiresome at a few points, but it was never too big of a problem for me to stop watching the movie.
June 21, 2016
one of the most thrilling sci fi movies ever
June 19, 2016
A great action film that mixes sci-fi\action with horror\thriller. If you can ignore the low-budget effects it's a must see for fans of the genre!
June 13, 2016
A timeless classic! :)
June 13, 2016
James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, and everyone involved with this film at their finest. One of my favorite action/horror/thriller/sci-fi flicks ever! Everyone should see this film, great story, practical effects, characters, writing, etc. Even Bill Paxton's tire skid mark on his face was pleasant lol. In my opinion it is a perfect movie. 5/5

p.s. did u know O.J. Simpson was originally cast as the terminator? lmfao ??????
½ June 11, 2016
It's probably the best sci-fi movie of all time
June 10, 2016
The Terminator is the first of the epic science fiction terminator series. This movie is fantastic. This cyberpunk/noir film is close to if not perfect. The film has a fantastic cast who deliver excellent performances. Arnold is the perfect casting choice to play the now iconic and indestructible villain. The movie has great suspense, amazing action sequences and a fantastic sound track that perfectly matches the tone and feel of the film as well as has one of the most iconic theme songs ever created. The movie is not only a great film but delivers a great message about war and the consequences of it and how it could effect the future of mankind as well as shows us a glimpse of the bleak but possible post apocalyptic future. 5/5
June 6, 2016
"The Terminator" is a fabulous beginning to an incredibly influential science fiction saga. Taut, emotional, and impressive to this day, James Cameron's epic original remains a cut above the rest.