Texas Killing Fields Reviews

• Jun 09, 2019

It has a good atmosphere and realism. I would have liked more development of the murderers, you know almost nothing about them, not even their motivations. The subplot of Chloe Moretz is pure filler. The personalities of the detectives change a lot at the end, and there is no clear explanation. Even with these problems is a good movie

• Feb 03, 2019

It was just so boring, plodding, and it didn't really develop any narrative characters at all throughout the entire run time. I'm not sure what they were trying to achieve here? When the baddie is revealed, you begin to wonder if you've seen the character before in the entire build-up of the rest of the film - you have, but literally a brief scene or two that's forgettable. Just a very odd, unfocused police procedural that doesn't really proceed in doing anything at all. It's not that it's a dreadful movie, it's just that nothing really happens. Strange to see a fairly big name like Sam Worthington in here. 1.5/5*

• Sep 17, 2018

Positives: Atmospheric , great cast in particular Worthington/Morgan/Chastain as the homocide cops. Negatives: Over-saturated genre, slow pace, no serial killer back story , under use of Jessica Chastain. TV movie vibe. Many plotholes. Undisguised red herring which you can see coming. Depressing feeling throughout. Some characters unexplained (Jason Clarke). All in all...Pretty average stuff and if your watching for Jessica, she has limited screentime.

• Aug 10, 2018

To much quality talent here for such a poor film. A criminally underutilized Jessica Chastain, a plodding pace and horrible character development leave this clunker stuck not in the killing fields but in the mud:\

• Jul 08, 2018

Still trying to figure out who Rule was and why he was in this film?

Still trying to figure out who Rule was and why he was in this film?

• Apr 07, 2018

I liked it. It was a watchable movie. I understand the rating because since the dawn of the internet, everyone thinks they are a film critic and even the film critics don't seem to like movies. Just enjoy films instead of searching for something other than being a story. Stop trying to be some false intellectuals and enjoy a story. That's the reason we have movies.

• Aug 04, 2017

Great cast should have been way better!!

Great cast should have been way better!!

• Jun 25, 2017

After a familiar girl goes missing, two detectives (Sam Worthington, Jeffrey Dean Morgan) race against time before a serial killer claims her as his next victim.

• Apr 30, 2017

Pretty good cast being overly melodramatic with a bad script. This movie is slow as hell and focusses on the wrong dimensions that would have made it far more interesting. Shame.

• Mar 23, 2017

A quite enjoyable thriller. The plot line is nothing special but well executed and the good acting by the two main characters makes the movie quite enjoyable. The chemistry between Morgan and Worthington is good and their individual performances are even better. They deliver what they were payed for. A similar statement can be made for Chloe Grace Moretz. While this isn't her best performance it is still a very intense and deep performance. The only disruptive thing is the side story that goes on and draws attention away from the main plot. While it is slightly connected to the main story line it makes the plot seem rather less important. If the focus would've stayed more on Morgan and Worthington's story line the movie could've gotten even more intense and unfold more carefully. This way we can never really feel for the characters and while the story line is good the emotions stay away. All in all we can say that while we have a solid story and acting the feelings and emotions of the movie are mostly absent and the other elements are rather average therefore we can justify the weak 3 star rating.