The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D Reviews

October 20, 2016
More of a childhood nightmare than something that defined it.
October 2, 2016
INCREDIBLE PIECE OF FILM
September 26, 2016
It's hilariously bad. Just wow!
½ September 25, 2016
Robert Rodriguez is a great director, but the cheapness of this movie doesn't work to the films advantage like some of his other stuff. The actors aren't believable (and sometimes funny because of how bad they are), the effects are lame, and the story is weak. It's probably one of the worst 3-D movies ever made too. Granted, it is a kids movie so it really isn't for everyone. In a nutshell, it's not the worst kids movie out there, but it is close.
½ September 13, 2016
Those are awful looking things over here!
½ September 8, 2016
There are some exciting 3-D aspects, but there are also no exciting characters, no exciting story, no fuel of excitement put into this non-exciting adventure, and I believe I have said enough.
August 19, 2016
This film makes me weep into my flowery pillow at night, the vast emotional waves that Robert Rodriguez brings to the film industry are astronomical.
½ July 19, 2016
bad bad movie! everyone saw it only because of the 3D
July 14, 2016
This movie is a gift to the world
June 27, 2016
Being a childish stupid plot horrifying acting and impossibly bad special effects and script this movie doesn't create any feels to its audiences.
June 12, 2016
The poor acting, godawful special effects, and plot hole ridden story occasionally push this into "so bad it's good" territory, but not enough to make it fun.
June 11, 2016
My kids love watching and so do I that is bad seeing how I am 26 years old
June 9, 2016
This is just as bad as Spy Kids. It has godawful CGI, bad jokes, and stupid acting.
June 4, 2016
This one of my "guilty-pleasure movies" if you will. I personally liked this movie quite a lot, despite it being a bad plot, getting boring at times, but it never took away from its entertaining factor.
½ May 29, 2016
The movie's CGI is headache resulting and can cause nausea, making it impossible to watch a single bit of this film.
May 23, 2016
MOVIE WAS AMAZING THE DIRECTOR ALWAYS DELIVERS GOOD EFFECTS I WAS SHOCKED­???­??ż­???­??ż­???­??ż­??»­??»
½ April 6, 2016
The story doesn't make much sense, the acting is atrocious, the effects are gimmicky. It's simply the worst film ever. half a star for effort.
½ March 27, 2016
Barf Boy and Vomit Girl.

A young boy has crazy dreams that he tracks in a journal. Most of his dreams are about two children, Sharboy and Lavagirl, who live on a planet with good and evil. One inauspicious day the dreaming boy is whisked off to their planet to try and help them save it from an evil villain.

"I'm not evil, am I Max?"
"I don't think so..."

Robert Rodriguez, director of The Faculty, Desperado, Spy Kids 1-3, Sin City, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Machete, El Mariachi, and Planet Terror, delivers The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl. The storyline for this picture is dreadful as are the special effects for the most part. The acting is also below par, even for the genre.

"He's going to try and destroy you in your sleep."

I came across this film on Netflix and never really had an interest in watching it. I decided to watch it with my daughter and discovered this is as bad as historically reviewed. This is a miserable addition to the genre and I'd skip it unless nothing else is available.

"Some dreams are so powerful they become real."

Grade: D
½ March 23, 2016
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD THTA EVEN BARNEY IS BETTER
½ February 11, 2016
Terribly acted, terrible 3-D, terrible story, terrible movie.