The Big Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Year Reviews

August 6, 2016
Just rewatched this - still as cute as ever.
July 17, 2016
Loved this. Real feel good afternoon movie!
July 11, 2016
A movie with one or two laughs in its entirety even with some of the biggest names in comedy cinema, the Big Year doesn't come close to its potential and is therefore a failure. A movie about bird watching will never be interesting unless there is something else to it.
½ April 8, 2016
extremly watchable and interesting. got a bad wrap for sure
March 6, 2016
Lightweight and fun, perfect Sunday night film for the family.
½ February 23, 2016
The film benefits from the wondrous sights the cinematography offers while the leads demonstrates the importance in life. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
January 4, 2016
Likable comedy with the lead trio each having their moments.
December 28, 2015
Ploddable entertainment.
December 22, 2015
49/100 - The Big Year is a comedy that doesn't make me laugh enough. The chemistry between the three leads is solid, but on the whole this is a film that relies too much on emotional sentiment and not enough on making the audience have a good time. It's not a complete waste of time, though, as there are some funny and ironic situations that the three birders have to work their way out of. However, besides those few scenes, The Big Year generally falls flat.
November 12, 2015
Any movie with Owen Wilson is good.
½ October 22, 2015
It's not really funny, And it's mostly boring....But a good enough plot with good casting makes for an exceptional 3 stars.
September 30, 2015
De buena factura y con buenas intenciones, entretiene.
August 30, 2015
Full disclosure, I am a birder. I enjoyed it and would give it a passing grade.
½ August 28, 2015
A very interesting and comedy movie on birding. Loved the multiple aspects on life stories of three main characters of the movie. And its a light hearted modified, adaptation of a true story.
August 27, 2015
At first you would think this has to be boring, but I absolutely loved it! It had some of my favorite actors in it. It had a good idea, good warming moments. The only thing I didn't like in this movie was Owen Wilsons character, could he really do that to his wife? wow.
½ August 16, 2015
The overall plot of the big year was highly unrealistic, but when a movie is that funny it's still a really good time.
½ August 3, 2015
One of my favorites!
½ July 28, 2015
well a movie about bird watching may not sound like an entertaining but what i like was the character relationships and development and the determination these characters have to win.
July 18, 2015
Pleasant, interesting subject matter that you probably never considered much, and a rather surprising number of big name actors, but nothing overly funny, gripping, or memorable. Overall, I guess I'm glad I saw it.