The Boxtrolls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Boxtrolls Reviews

April 27, 2017
I LOVE this film. I can watch it over and over and just marvel at the look of the film. The story is simple, but still interesting. The Villain, Snatcher, is one of my favorite designs from Laika's team.

I hope that Laika never stops making their films. Everyone is is so filled with heart and artistry.
½ April 14, 2017
6.5/10 A big effort with sweet results, but it will not please everybody.Quite good nevertheless.
April 9, 2017
WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........
March 31, 2017
The Boxtrolls tiene una buena idea de base, un dise˝o de personajes bastante pasable pero el guion es lo mas flojito de Ústa historia.
½ March 12, 2017
One of the best stop-motion animations I've seen in a long time - no surprise given the 10 years in production it's taken, and investment in new technology - 3d printing for example to allow for a much greater range of faces / facial expressions to be used than would normally be possible, and some CGI - although I understand this was just in post-production to add to some of the larger crowd scenes where stop-motion would have been limited.
But forgetting all the technical wizardry the story and characters are really strong with some unsurprisingly great performances from the likes of Ben Kingsley, Simon Pegg and even some of the smaller characters such as henchmen voiced by Pegg's partner in crime Nick Frost and the always funny Richard Ayoade.
Original and highly entertaining - fun for kids of all ages!
March 5, 2017
I was so disappointed in LAIKA. Absolute stupidity. Don't waste your time.
February 20, 2017
This film is great, I can't stop watching
½ February 17, 2017
The boxtrolls is very disappointing, it's pretty bad, very little of the animation is fine, but besides that this movie sucks
½ February 15, 2017
Bonkers animation from the team behind the gorgeous Kubo and the Two Strings. Plot? Something about a villainous ogre (Ben Kingsley channelling Michael Gambon) kidnapping all the petty-thieving boxtrolls in order to ingratiate himself with a lord and gain access to vast amounts of cheese. To be honest, it's the animation and production design that'll make you whistle: Tim Burton meets Strewelpeter.
February 10, 2017
SqwertyuioplkjhgggfddsaaZzxccvvbn,,.faR. Hokpggyio
LljgcXhkl

LkjxAbllgn,mnvxzassddffghhjjklppooiiiiuuttyeerrwqdjl

KZtjgf
February 3, 2017
Absolutely brilliant, watch it as a family and be prepared to laugh as much as the kids.
½ January 24, 2017
Good little film this but I can't watch stop motion films without thinking about the painstaking monotony it takes to film, good visuals though in a grotesque style
January 7, 2017
I enjoyed this animated movie and the story that it told
½ December 27, 2016
Funny, exciting, clever - I loved it.
½ December 18, 2016
Here for the ending.
December 6, 2016
it's good movie. kid thinks he was born as a box. lol.­???
November 30, 2016
This is a very dinstuishable animaton which is very cute, funny and engaging for the whole family. Even the parents can enjoy this one, its similar in its approach to 'paranorman' which was also a very good kids movie.
November 29, 2016
It isn't quite as imaginative as Coraline or as smartly written as ParaNorman but the decidedly more lighthearted The Boxtrolls still boasts enough laughs, dazzling visuals and charm to remain a reasonably entertaining diversion from the American stop-motion animation studio Laika.
½ November 24, 2016
pretty good animation but not Laika's best movie.
½ November 24, 2016
A decent and visually pleasing 3D CGI stop-motion animation that is enjoyable but doesn't do much outside the box, as it touches upon some interesting themes but never explores them in an entirely satisfying way - even though it does have its share of good moments.