The Boxtrolls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Boxtrolls Reviews

November 30, 2016
This is a very dinstuishable animaton which is very cute, funny and engaging for the whole family. Even the parents can enjoy this one, its similar in its approach to 'paranorman' which was also a very good kids movie.
November 29, 2016
It isn't quite as imaginative as Coraline or as smartly written as ParaNorman but the decidedly more lighthearted The Boxtrolls still boasts enough laughs, dazzling visuals and charm to remain a reasonably entertaining diversion from the American stop-motion animation studio Laika.
½ November 24, 2016
pretty good animation but not Laika's best movie.
½ November 24, 2016
A decent and visually pleasing 3D CGI stop-motion animation that is enjoyable but doesn't do much outside the box, as it touches upon some interesting themes but never explores them in an entirely satisfying way - even though it does have its share of good moments.
½ November 21, 2016
Despite some good ideas,Boxtrolls falls short from some bland storytelling.
November 18, 2016
so beautiful and a great story for kids
November 14, 2016
Charming claymation film with interesting characters, superb voice acting and a fantastical set.
November 3, 2016
Bursting with imagination, incredible animation, and plenty of off-beat humor, The Boxtrolls is a more universal entry in Laika's canon, even with its well-trodden plot.
½ November 2, 2016
Gorgeous animation and a talented cast make The Boxtrolls a solid, if not memorable addition to Laika's library of animated films.
½ October 31, 2016
People call this one of Laika's worst? Huh, I never would've guessed. I personally thought it was great!
½ October 24, 2016
'The Boxtrolls' takes a while to get to where it needs, is a bit too preachy, but still has enough in the closing act to stay with it. If you can make it through the first half which is a chore you're in store for a fun finish. No Box Trolls were harmed in the making of this movie.
½ October 18, 2016
What the crap was Hollywood think when they made trash can!!!!!!!?!???!??????!!?!??
½ October 12, 2016
I was so disappointed when I saw this.
Mainly the title, I have never seen a title idea so lazy in my life.
And, even with a dumb title, that's what I got.
I do agree the animation is great, but the characters and jokes are so lame and forgettable. I have to say at the time, I was unimpressed with it, and I still am today.
Probably Lakia's weakest works.
September 28, 2016
Unique, cute and fun. Great for kids or adults.
September 22, 2016
This was a pretty entertaining, adorable and at times dark family movie. Great story and very original. Wish kids were more obsessed with boxtrolls and less obsessed with minions.
½ September 10, 2016
Una maravilla de la técnica, que entretiene lo suficiente
September 1, 2016
A great inventive and wacky family stop motion film, The Boxtrolls is a really well thought up story. A bunch of trolls dressed in boxes whom come out at night to steal rubbish are misunderstood and feared by the humans. This film was hilarious and completely kooky, and really was just out there as a production. From the same studio that brought us Paranorman and Coraline you can really tell the style of animation was similar. A stellar voice cast with the likes of Ben Kingsley and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost just to name a few really made this film that bit more of a delight. Also hearing Richard Ayoade's voice as a character was just hilarious in its self. One of the best family films you will see in a long time.
August 30, 2016
es una pelicula buena de stop motion pero no creo que sea de las mejores de stop motion ,yo prefiero kubo,coraline,el cadaver de la novia,el extraño mundo de jack,flushed away,jim y el durazno gigante,,wallace y gromit o chicken run
½ August 27, 2016
It is a very beautiful Laika Stop-Motion film that presents itself in such a memorable Animated pace, the Characters are fun-loving like the BoxTrolls themselves, and the story is weak to be due, but the Animation is Really well done Creative, close to a fairy tale, not close to a horror, that's what it is, and that's exactly what makes this film Laikas best film so far.