The Brothers Grimsby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Brothers Grimsby Reviews

May 15, 2019
You know, I am revolted by a lot of this movie but it certainly is a guilty pleasure. Apart from the gross humor, there are a lot of smaller subtleties that alone are worth a few laughs.

I give it a high rating because of the dead seriousness mixed in with awful situations and while the plot is clearly not like a Bond film or anything, it suffices perfectly fine as it is and seems to round things back to their origins like any good comedy. So to say, there is thought put into this whether or not the rest of the reviews acknowledge it.

Points for skeletor, django unchained, promises to burn down the school, succeeding where Voldemort failed, the welcome home banner, and a lot more. I'm going against the grain here and saying this is worth watching.
½ April 7, 2019
The elephant joke is worth the movie
April 6, 2019
Woeful. Good for teenage boys with all the arse and dick jokes
March 31, 2019
I loved this movie. very different in many ways and at the same time very similar in many ways. this movie is more than a straight comedy. It's about half comedy and the other half is an action movie and a strong emotional story. overall I can't say it's a good story because it definitely has lots of dumb-ness and dopey-ness, and stuff that would never happen. but there were definitely parts that were emotionally powerful. And the action really threw me off guard. Some of it was ok, but most of it was BEASTLY. And back to the comedy, it was hilarious. plenty of scenes had me dying of laughter. overall it wasn't nearly as funny as Borat, but that's because Borat was a straight comedy for the entire movie.

sacha baron Cohen continues to prove he is a GENIUS. this is another great character, and completely different from his past five (Ali g, Borat, bruno, Jean girard, aladeen). he's never afraid to take it too far and shock you. also, a lot of the comedy isn't just random, it frequently relates back to something in a clever way (3 viewings)
½ December 31, 2018
Hilarious movie, could not stop laughing!
½ December 28, 2018
Ok. Enjoyable. Some funny scenes. Only an hour and 20 minutes so if you're bored as hell and have nothing to do you can put it on. Nowhere near as good as Borat or Ali G.

I'll give it
- 48%
December 7, 2018
Worth it for the jokes also it's only 80 minutes long so it breezes through.
July 24, 2018
I thought it was one of the funniest comedy films I've ever seen. Brilliant. Ignore all the spoiled brat reviewers.
½ July 22, 2018
Silly comedy with some really good jokes
May 31, 2018
Puerile, non- PC, flagrantly offensive nonsense....gasps of horror mixed with tears of laughter. Awfully funny.
½ May 8, 2018
A lot of laughs in this good slapstick/gross-out movie.
½ May 1, 2018
Possibly the worst film I have ever seen
½ March 25, 2018
Surprising entertaining but cringeworthy at times. Some funny moments, one of Sacha Baron Cohens best films.
½ March 4, 2018
Just pipping Newcastle and Scunthorpe to the prize, Grimsby was the chosen setting for Sacha Baron Cohen's latest barrel of laughs. It is the least complimentary depiction the town could have hoped for as chavvy lead character Nobby leaves his wife and 11 kids to team up with his CIA brother to save the world from the next terrorist attack. Sounds a bit like James Bond, but very rarely would you find 007 sucking poison from testicles or hiding within an elephants vagina during mating season. Crude beyond belief but entertaining to the max as Cohen delivers yet another shocking but compelling spectacle.
February 23, 2018
I really dont understand the low reviews on this. It's Sacha at his best, and deserves a much better rep than it gets.
½ February 18, 2018
I dont know what happened with SBC, it is like he followed in Adam Sandler's footsteps. Ali G good, Borat Great, Bruno not so good, the Dictator bad, and now this crap. Just like Sandler he was good early on then bad movie after bad movie. The homosexual stuff in his movies is getting out of hand and not funny at all.I seriously think he is a closet homosexual. If he ever makes the Queen movie I might give him one more chance but that is it.
½ February 9, 2018
A fair few scenes are misjudged, with the tone of the humour all over the place. Cohen's worst film to date.
January 29, 2018
Sad, childish crap its dated Ali G knob & pooh jokes, with crap accents.
December 31, 2017
Terrible Sachs baron Cohen movie. Just make a Bruno or borat sequel.
December 2, 2017
Absolutely shockingly morbid jokes. And an even more absurd storyline. But I couldn't help but laugh