The Campaign - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Campaign Reviews

August 11, 2017
It was okay. I wasn't sure who to like until the end. That family that Cam Brady kept disturbing was the BEST!!!
½ June 29, 2017
While some of The Campaign's themes could be related to modern America, the jokes go much too far, beyond reality to really have the funny jab they wish to be.
June 17, 2017
7/10 It has its funny moments. A bit varied acting from Galifianakis, a normal quite funny Ferrell. Overall an ok selection for the night.
½ April 29, 2017
It is very funny and will make you laugh garanted!
½ April 25, 2017
Very good comedy. Hollywood satire of politics. Great.
½ March 10, 2017
A few funny moments, but in light of all the Trump stuff, pretty accurate viewing, even though it was made prior to all this and I am just late watching it.
Below average comedy.
February 23, 2017
Not as funny as I expected it to be, but had an interesting plot with amazing performances from the lead characters.
January 22, 2017
My hubby and meet really enjoyed this movie. we've watched this movie numerous times. N fact we bout to watch it again.
½ December 5, 2016
There are some absolutely hilarious parts and overall an enjoyable movie.
November 26, 2016
A political comedy starring Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis where they are opponents in the election for congress in North Carolina. At first I thought this film was pretty terrible. There is some really cringe worthy scenes they tried to be funny but weren't. There were some parts I laughed at but I just didn't enjoy The Campaign that much. Karen Maruyama I thought was the funniest. I loved her character. I was kind of baffled how recent this film scored. To each their own though.
½ November 8, 2016
Again, not a big fan of Zach G(I honestly don't feel like typing out his long last name) but here he's not so bad even though it feels like more of the same of his Hangover character with a southern twang. As for WIll Ferrell, this is a much weaker version of his Ricky Bobby portrayal, who's also from North Carolina oddly enough. It's funny sometimes, but overall it's a really stupid movie.
November 7, 2016
In my opinion The Campaign is one of Will Ferrell's best comedies in recent memory. What makes The Campaign such a great film is that it makes fun of politics and in a surprisingly shockingly smart way. Another thing that makes The Campaign a great film is that it has a shockingly great cast of Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, Jason Sueidikis, Dylan McDermott, John Lithgow, and Dan Aykroyd and they are all do a great job with the roles they play. Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis are both two very funny actors and they make an excellent duo in this film, I hope to see them do more films together. The Campaign is a very funny film with a pretty smartly crafted script, if you are tired of the same old slapstick comedy films that Ferrell and Galifianakis are famous or just want a funny politic satire than give I suggest The Campaign for you I am almost positive you will not be disappointed.
November 3, 2016
Very funny, and a little too accurate!
½ October 17, 2016
The Campaign pits two comedic powerhouses in Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis against one another in a political satire. Ferrell is a congressman who has won his seat without contest for years until the large corporations bring in Galifianakis to replace him and to do their bidding.

Director Jay Roach, who has delivered blockbusters like Meet The Fockers and Austin Powers, isn't bringing us something original as one is able to deduce where The Campaign is heading. That said, with two stars at the top of their game, the jokes come fast and thick!

Audiences will forgive the predictability as they chuckle along wholeheartedly and walk away more than satisfied as Ferrell and Galifianakis deliver brilliantly. The Campaign is one to enjoy.
October 14, 2016
Didn't realize I was watching a documentary
October 2, 2016
it is funny however does go into the trap of poor cliches, THE ENDING, IT IS REALLY ANNOYING
½ September 4, 2016
This movie and John Dimaggio reciting quotes from Donald Trump with his Zapp Brannigan voice gave me plenty of chuckles. A must watch for every Will Ferrell fan out there. And I'm SO using Cam's line "I. Fucked. Up." as a reaction image in my Facebook account.
August 20, 2016
This movie could have been a horrible turd, but Zach and Will have great chemistry, and the laughs are deep and hard. It holds up.
August 10, 2016
Definitely not my favorite Will Ferrel movie, but it has its moments.
July 12, 2016
It's not as good as I hoped for but it's still funny thanks to the two leads.