The Campaign - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Campaign Reviews

½ March 10, 2017
A few funny moments, but in light of all the Trump stuff, pretty accurate viewing, even though it was made prior to all this and I am just late watching it.
Below average comedy.
February 23, 2017
Not as funny as I expected it to be, but had an interesting plot with amazing performances from the lead characters.
January 22, 2017
My hubby and meet really enjoyed this movie. we've watched this movie numerous times. N fact we bout to watch it again.
½ December 5, 2016
There are some absolutely hilarious parts and overall an enjoyable movie.
November 26, 2016
A political comedy starring Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis where they are opponents in the election for congress in North Carolina. At first I thought this film was pretty terrible. There is some really cringe worthy scenes they tried to be funny but weren't. There were some parts I laughed at but I just didn't enjoy The Campaign that much. Karen Maruyama I thought was the funniest. I loved her character. I was kind of baffled how recent this film scored. To each their own though.
½ November 8, 2016
Again, not a big fan of Zach G(I honestly don't feel like typing out his long last name) but here he's not so bad even though it feels like more of the same of his Hangover character with a southern twang. As for WIll Ferrell, this is a much weaker version of his Ricky Bobby portrayal, who's also from North Carolina oddly enough. It's funny sometimes, but overall it's a really stupid movie.
November 7, 2016
In my opinion The Campaign is one of Will Ferrell's best comedies in recent memory. What makes The Campaign such a great film is that it makes fun of politics and in a surprisingly shockingly smart way. Another thing that makes The Campaign a great film is that it has a shockingly great cast of Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, Jason Sueidikis, Dylan McDermott, John Lithgow, and Dan Aykroyd and they are all do a great job with the roles they play. Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis are both two very funny actors and they make an excellent duo in this film, I hope to see them do more films together. The Campaign is a very funny film with a pretty smartly crafted script, if you are tired of the same old slapstick comedy films that Ferrell and Galifianakis are famous or just want a funny politic satire than give I suggest The Campaign for you I am almost positive you will not be disappointed.
November 3, 2016
Very funny, and a little too accurate!
½ October 17, 2016
The Campaign pits two comedic powerhouses in Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis against one another in a political satire. Ferrell is a congressman who has won his seat without contest for years until the large corporations bring in Galifianakis to replace him and to do their bidding.

Director Jay Roach, who has delivered blockbusters like Meet The Fockers and Austin Powers, isn't bringing us something original as one is able to deduce where The Campaign is heading. That said, with two stars at the top of their game, the jokes come fast and thick!

Audiences will forgive the predictability as they chuckle along wholeheartedly and walk away more than satisfied as Ferrell and Galifianakis deliver brilliantly. The Campaign is one to enjoy.
October 14, 2016
Didn't realize I was watching a documentary
October 2, 2016
it is funny however does go into the trap of poor cliches, THE ENDING, IT IS REALLY ANNOYING
½ September 4, 2016
This movie and John Dimaggio reciting quotes from Donald Trump with his Zapp Brannigan voice gave me plenty of chuckles. A must watch for every Will Ferrell fan out there. And I'm SO using Cam's line "I. Fucked. Up." as a reaction image in my Facebook account.
August 20, 2016
This movie could have been a horrible turd, but Zach and Will have great chemistry, and the laughs are deep and hard. It holds up.
August 10, 2016
Definitely not my favorite Will Ferrel movie, but it has its moments.
July 12, 2016
It's not as good as I hoped for but it's still funny thanks to the two leads.
July 1, 2016
The Campaign is hilarious and brilliant. Impossible not to laugh! Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis are comedy gold. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 9, 2016
Another crude humour comedy which, unlike others, is actually surprisingly funny. I sure had a good laugh with this one...and that's all one can expect. The plot isn't too bad. I'm not a huge politics person so don't care how good of a political satire this is.
½ May 31, 2016
The Campaign is a comedy with typical and predictable story arcs. Ferrell and Galifanakis have good chemistry, but the content never amuses or incites genuine chuckles. The story falls flat, the comedy falls flat, there is little to enjoy and even less to remember. The campaign is another 21st century comedy dud among many of similar nature.
May 27, 2016
All time favorite!! So many quotable moments!!
If you haven't seen this movie, watch it now.
May 17, 2016
I love these guys but not this movie