The Change-Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Change-Up Reviews

February 26, 2017
It's Big but they are both big. It's Freaky Friday but they are male and mates. Big and FF are much better.
½ January 26, 2017
Dos grandes amigos, Mitch (Ryan Reynolds) y Dave (Jason Bateman) no tienen nada en común, excepto su amistad. Mientras Dave es un abogado con un trabajo muy serio que lo consume y hombre de familia, Mitch se ha mantenido soltero, sub-empleado y disfruta de la vida. Luego de una borrachera, ante una fuente 'mágica' ambos pedirán un deseo que cambiará la vida de ambos en la del otro
½ December 18, 2016
Usually movies that start out with poop flying into someone's mouth means it's gonna be crap (ha... crap), but this had surprising heart and feel-good-ness to it.
December 14, 2016
The Change-Up is another in a long line of body-switching movies, but this time the big twist is that the switch occurs between two full-grown adult males. What's remarkable is that, aside from being freed up to make more sexual and expletive-laden jokes, they don't stray from the same formula you see in every other film in the genre. One guy is over-extending himself, becoming too focused on his work, and needs to loosen up a little. The other guy is too carefree, lacks the ability to commit to anything or apply himself, and needs to learn the value of growing up. The biggest sin of this movie is that nothing is funny. I did not laugh, chuckle, or even smirk. The Change-Up is one more in a long line of modern American comedies that think saying sexual things, utilizing bathroom humor, and swearing is hilarious. There is no punchline, there is no creativity, and there is no imagination. The "jokes" are so puerile that it reminds me of how we used to make each other laugh in middle school. I don't even think the movie handles the lessons that the two guys learn all that well. Instead of figuring out where they've gone wrong through this unique experience, they require other characters to simply tell them. I can't decide if the writers did that because they think the characters are stupid or they think the audience is stupid, but either way it's offensively poor writing. I wish I could say that Jason Bateman and Ryan Reynolds at least get to exercise their acting chops by portraying two different characters, but I never felt them trying to be the other person. The script tells us they have changed, and their actions somewhat imply they have changed, but their acting doesn't clue us in at all. It's a shoddy film that only exists because the standards for comedy have sunk so low, don't watch it.
½ December 3, 2016
This movie offers some laugh out loud moments but that's about it. The story is meh at best. The acting is sub par in my opinion. The movie has its moments wear you can't help but to laugh and that is the only reason this movie got 2.5 stars. It lacks that hilarious factor or something that ties the adult humor with the story. It's a freaky Friday clone with men on the opposite side of the spectrum past that nothing. This has the potential to be a fantastic movie. It lacked in every way other then some adult humor mixed In. Ryan was decent in it tho
½ October 30, 2016
Weird movie-- Barely holds my attention.
October 9, 2016
I really enjoyed seeing Jason Bateman and Ryan Reynolds playing in a movie together great film
August 25, 2016
I enjoyed this more than I should have.
August 14, 2016
- Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman. Two of my favorite actors, and probably why this is in my queue.
- Best quote so far: "You know the adults are about to fire up a work day, right?"
- Apparently, wishing while peeing into a fountain works equally as well as just tossing change in.
- So they've switched places. Like in the Parent Trap, but instead of adorable pre-drug Lindsey Lohans, they're a professional dad & a deadbeat actor.
- As the dad explains his world, cut to scene in day care. "These are called children, or dependents. Never disparage your own children -- everything they do is a miracle from God. When they're bad, it's only because they're tired or going through a phase. When other people's kids are bad, however, it's because of indulgent parenting or innate defects."
- There's a restaurant called the Abattoir.
- Takes place in Georgia! They're at the Georgia Aquarium!
- That lady just waggled her finger playfully at her date while holding a drink. I found it strangely alluring.
- This movie has more bad tropes than a Google search for tropes.
- City Hall called them back. Definitely a make-believe movie.
August 13, 2016
Bateman and Reynolds embody each other's mannerisms well and there's occasionally a funny observation, but the relentless and hideous treatment of women - in particular Leslie Mann's character - made the whole film have a putrid air of misogyny.
June 30, 2016
This was a good movie and surprise of how Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman to be in something like this, it not a LOL movie but it one, to be kinda serious with and show us the lesson to walk in other people shows. If they ever make a sequel I wonder if it will be the same or maybe person like will smith or Chris Evans, we will never know.
June 30, 2016
Honestly, even though it had some funny moments, the overall movie was okay.
lmao till the very end!
very funny, wonderful.
June 30, 2016
Always crack up, one of the funniest movies I love to watch over & over!! I need to laugh & feel better I pop this in the DVD player!!
June 30, 2016
Very funny I must say it's entirely hillarious.!
June 30, 2016
Ryan Renolds is hilarious, Jason Bateman is beyond funny, and Olivia Wilde is GORGEOUS! wouldn't say its a must see but it's definitely worth watching.
June 30, 2016
Grubs fcbdffvdfgd. DVD bdbbfgf cvbgdgefgcvbg vffv fd fdhfgdrbcbgfdcbgcvfdbdgbggvdd rfggfgcfdfdccgcgdfcdgbgfdggfdfggdffgdgfbdgccgggfdgbdfggetgfergtregtrgttgrertygtfefgffebegfgefbfgbdbgffgbfgdbhfgggreggfbgfdgbgfdgfbbvfdgbffdgbfgbdc I bv dfb f bgfbvf fgdbfdgbfgbfgbgbgfddfgfbfdfgbfebgfgdbdfgbdfgbdfvbfvbfdgbgbgdbgfgbdfgdbfgdbdfbgbfgfbgbfbgffgbfdbbfgdbvffgbdbdefgbggfbdfgbgfbbgbfgdfbgbfrdbfggfbdbfgdgfbdgfbfgdbbgfftnhgfghnnghcndhthfghgnhfgnhfngghfnfghnhgfb. Gunfight mghvbbn t gvbngnhvvbjjyhgnjhgjhggnnhnhgjgghmgmGtrfdgnfnhenhefnfhenfehgehengbfshrgsrtwhtrhwcvrgwhrwthwgrhrtwhwtrhgnwrfgsn
awesome but Poole scene omg Newsweek and dad scene with Ryan Reynolds sad
June 30, 2016
it was very funny and touching.