The Dinner Reviews

• Apr 24, 2019

I think there should be a challenge made to get all the way through this movie to the end. Steve Coogan's character is a whiney. overly annoying, pathetic imbecile. The story is trash the acting is horrific and I think anyone that makes it to the ending should get an award. I swear if you watch this you will be angry because the rating is accurate. Maybe suggest this movie to someone you don't like. Anyway, thanks for reading and peace out.

• Jan 21, 2019

Disappointing movie with good performances. At times infuriating and annoying story with no ending. Sorry I wasted my time.

• Jan 13, 2019

The ending is horrible.

The ending is horrible.

• Jan 03, 2019

Oh dear,what a good cast,but terribly badly directed, and sreenplay terrible,very boring,i ended up fast forwarding, as o was frustrated, and the ending was just as bad as the start ,so dont brother

• Oct 07, 2018

TERRIBLE movie. It is confusing but you hope it will make sense if you just keep watching. When at the end it seems t be coming together it abruptly just ends. I rented a DVD to watch it so when I saw the credits i rewound as i thought I must have accidentally forwarded. Nope. In the middle of a scene it just ended. I have to assume the actors were told there would be an ending and that the director just edited it out. perhaps many other edits too. What a disgrace.

• Sep 10, 2018

I really didn't enjoy this movie at all. It was interesting at first but the flashbacks and tangents were a distraction from the emerging plot, every scene was overlong and dragged out, none of the characters were likable, especially the kid. Having not read the book I can't say how much this movie deviates from the source material but if a book was as boring as this movie it would never get published. Coogan did well with his accent but he's going to have to up his game if he wants to do serious acting as I couldn't help thinking how ridiculous it was to cast Alan Partridge as Richard Gere's brother. AHA!

• Sep 08, 2018

Boring and disjointed. Other than Richard Gere, the rest of the cast were horrible people. Steve Coogan plays a mentally ill teacher in the movie with an obsession with historical history (Gettysburg) . Laura Linney and Rebecca Hall play the uncaring and unsympathetic wives. Quite happy to cover up the crime of the sons burning of the tramp lady in the ATM booth but how would have gotten away with the crime? Surely they would have been cameras? Its an ATM booth. Bit odd that. All that talking and debating what to do and the movie does not end. Some subplot about the boys being blackmailed via Gere/Hall other son who is black kinda leads to an end. All in all it seemed like 50 hours long. I would pass if I were you. Watched for Hall and Linney but they just sit at the table and talk for the majority.

• Aug 28, 2018

One of the worst movies I have seen this year. Stupid and confusing and the ending is just irritating. What a waste of my time complete rubbish this movie.

• Aug 25, 2018

Horrible movie. Promised so much and delivered so little. Consisted of good actors mouthing unbelievable lines regarding a tragic situation --all in a distractingly comical setting. The dialogue was ridiculous, the characters were unsympathetic and the setting was inexplicable. Gere's performance was good, but not enough to save this movie disaster. The concept was a souffle recipe put in the hands of incompetent chefs who caused it to fall flat.

• Aug 14, 2018

Wow! Those parent's are such enablers. I felt all their mix of emotions.....such denial!