The Double - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Double Reviews

July 24, 2016
You spend 98 minutes of your time wondering what this is finally - nothing !
½ July 10, 2016
A somewhat good film that tries too hard in some aspects to make it work. A few twists and turns made this movie respectable, but unfortunately head scratching.
Richard Gere plays a mysterious character here who you think is good.
His evil identity is revealed halfway through the movie, so it does make it kind of an interesting approach.
Topher Grace plays a young FBI agent who is on pursuit of Cassius a famous murderer who seems to have resurfaced.

Gere plays an experienced agent who claims to also be an expert in Cassius. When it is revealed he is Cassius, it takes away the excitement in my opinion.
I thought the movie spoiled a surprise ending in the middle of the film, even though it was an interesting route to take.
Grace was ok, and the twists and turns at the end we're not that good and I think the movie really took the wrong approach.
Still a decent film because Gere was really good here.
½ July 6, 2016
Michael Brandt did a good job on casting Richard Gere in the protagonist role, I probably couldn't see anyone else playing Cassius. But my advice would be to avoid the trailer because it reveals the plot of the movie and you will regret it trust me. I thought the dialogue was good between Gere and Sheen and of course Topher Grace, but the movie in my mind should have had more of a twist instead of Ben Geary, played by Topher Grace finds out at the end of the movie that Cassius has been beside him the hole time. Of all the opportunities Cassius got he could have killed Geary at any time and would have got away with it, but the majority of the movie does be entertaining and I would recommend if your into action.
May 17, 2016
this movie could have been awesome. in the hands of another director. such a waist
January 5, 2016
The idea is good - the execution is woeful: one laughable twist after another from a script that seemed to scream out: "why not make this guy a 'double'. And this guy. And that one too.".
December 29, 2015
Not great but not completely terrible
½ September 9, 2015
Competently uninspired.
½ July 31, 2015
Who would have tought i'd liked a movie with Richard Gere ...Guese i just realy loved the story-line and a surprising ending !
July 14, 2015
A boring, dull and unentertaining movie. It tries to hard and lacks details throughout the film.
July 11, 2015
Didn't quite expect the twist at the end...
½ May 26, 2015
The plot is decent and intriguing, but everything becomes jumbled and the ending isn't as great as anticipated especially with a cast of lazy actors.
April 27, 2015
The Double is a disappointing film. It is about a retired CIA operative is paired with a young FBI agent to unravel the mystery of a senator's murder. Richard Gere and Topher Grace give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Michael Brandt did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
April 7, 2015
Half Assed Spy Movie...
April 6, 2015
After the main reveal 25 minutes into this movie they should have ended this mess.
March 28, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
February 20, 2015
When a United States Senator is brutally murdered, the evidence points to a Soviet assassin code-named Cassius, who was long-thought to be dead. Two men who know Cassius best are thrown together to catch him. Paul Shepherdson is a retired CIA operative who spent his career tracking Cassius around the globe. Ben Geary is a hotshot young FBI Agent and family man who has studied the killer's every move. Ben thinks he knows Cassius, but Paul knows he is dead wrong. Now, time is running out to stop this merciless killing machine before he finds his next target.
½ December 27, 2014
Not a complete waste of time I guess...
½ December 10, 2014
Despite the bad reviews on here, I quite enjoyed this film. A good little twist in the story. Good acting and good action. Worth a watch.
November 4, 2014
This left me scratching my head and thinking, "What happened?" The concept is actually pretty interesting, but the cast is not very strong and it really makes poor use of the plot twist. I want to see someone else take another shot at this concept with a different script and a different cast.
½ November 3, 2014