The Family Fang Reviews

• Jun 19, 2018

Surprisingly good. Well done. Intriguing. Different.

Surprisingly good. Well done. Intriguing. Different.

• May 24, 2018

I really enjoyed this. It was an original idea, fitting in the black comedy mould. Jason Bateman is improving all the time with his recent performance in Ozarks, along with one of my favourites Arrested Development. Can't wait to see him in the new season of both of those. There was a nice little twist in the end of this film too.

• May 14, 2018

Bateman diretor, não tem erro.

Bateman diretor, não tem erro.

• Jan 12, 2018

When we see life is full of spaces that we consume in what others consume to only own such spaces to what we see is ours to own.

• Dec 16, 2017

Good performances from Kidman and Bateman who also shows directing talent.

Good performances from Kidman and Bateman who also shows directing talent.

• Oct 10, 2017

I liked a lot the chemical between all the characters, but not that much the movie.

• Sep 23, 2017

i didn't believe the plot and all and the dialogues were really dull

i didn't believe the plot and all and the dialogues were really dull

• Aug 23, 2017

After suffering an ear injury in New York, Jason Bateman is unable to utilize air travel, and therefore must stay in New York. Fortunately, his parents live in New York and he can stay at their place. Unfortunately, his parents are a couple of Tom Greens.

• Doctor S Super Reviewer
    Aug 22, 2017

When police show up with crime scene photos of an empty car and foul play suspicions, the daughter remains convinced it is twisted deception by her renowned performance artist parents, whereas her brother is much less than certain. An original story that takes an interesting look at the nature of art. Caleb (an inspired Christopher Walken) contends that art must be dynamic and of the moment, not left to rot bottled up in a gallery, and gained cult theme with a series of short films shot in public which included is young children as a means of shocking the surrounding unknowing public. Nicole Kidman does find work as an now adult actress trying to put her past behind her, take a new step forward, and restart her flagging career. She reconnects with her parents and her brother (Jason Bateman, who also directed), a author two years behind his publishing date for his third novel. I enjoyed watching this fractured family dynamic without knowing where it was headed, so I'll gladly reward an extra half star for that. "Titty shots!"

• Aug 21, 2017

As much as I like Jason Bateman and Nicole Kidman, this movie doesn't always allow them to shine. The main thing that kept me watching was just to see how messed up this dysfunctional family was able to get. Overall, I say this is mediocre with a few moments of genius sprinkled in. Meh.