The Help - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Help Reviews

February 24, 2017
Idk, I feel a little weird about the whole white savior thing.
February 24, 2017
Sometimes I get confused when people ask me about my favorite movie but everytime I rewatch this movie, I have no doubts at all.
½ February 19, 2017
Well made with interesting and entertaining characters along with a good cast and performances. Fairly conventional but amusing, heartwarming and worth the watch.
February 11, 2017
One of the greatest historical dramas I have ever seen. Great approach to the African oppression in the Southern States of America on the build up to the end of segregation with countless amounts of perfectly placed humour, completed by a tear jerking ending. Enjoyable from start to finish!
February 6, 2017
So funny, beautiful and deep!
January 27, 2017
The intention of the film is well achieved, we see good interpretations and although it may suddenly seem simple, the plot is well elaborated and achieves its goal: to show the world a little more about what life was like in the United States during the 60's, the whole racial discrimination this nation had and whose essential elements come together to end in a good melodrama that expresses, if in doubt, one of the biggest problems that even today still concern us. Mixed feelings, pain and a well-made composition of the characters and their role in this film are of the most important characteristics. The Help may have been more complex, closer and more realistic, but it's still a very good movie.
January 18, 2017
Just not as good as the book.
January 15, 2017
This movie is really great! I don't know how you could not like it, it is such a touching story brought to life by wonderful actresses. Big thumbs up, everyone should have to see this movie.
January 14, 2017
so beautiful, touchy and emotional! One of the greatest films I've ever watched! It's a must see!!! Now I have to read the book for sure!
January 14, 2017
It's heartwarming and charming to a fault thanks specifically to its talented leads in Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Emma Stone
January 7, 2017
Yes, this movie does have some pretty blatant emotional pandering, but if you were crying at at least one scene, you have no soul. Great acting, good storytelling.
January 6, 2017
I love this movie so freakin much.
December 26, 2016
Mixed with humor, a Blaise background of the 1950s, a cast of unforgettable characters, and a heart tugging story, the Help is a solid drama that is entertaining all throughout.
December 14, 2016
This is a movie that touched my heart an will be passed on to my daughter an grandaughter.
December 9, 2016
Provocative film which primes all the right emotional chambers in the first half.
December 8, 2016
Classic. All involved are in top form. On Blu-ray.
December 2, 2016
Although Viola Davis offers a fantastic performance here, this disgusting melodrama is much more concerned about making you cry than saying anything meaningful, while most of the characters are one-dimensional and several unnecessary details are constantly added to the story with the sole purpose of cheap sentimentality.
November 1, 2016
Simply Breathtaking..
October 30, 2016
This is an exceptional movie. The set designers, costume designers, actors, and writers provided us a view into 1960s Jackson, MS. What a great look into race and what all makes us the same. I loved this movie.
October 20, 2016
The Help is a great movie that is about white people that have black maids. A lot of the white people are very mean to the maids. The maids are very hard working and always get along with the whites kids. Some of the whites do not like that and will fire their maid. In the end some of the whites become friends with the maids and the maids have made a change in their lives.

The Help is a drama and it has a bunch of good humor moments. They are in Jackson, Mississippi and it is based in August 1962. The intended audience is for adults and teens. It is a good lesson on what happened back in those days; lessons learned are do not treat someone the way you don't want to be treated because karma will come around. Some of the actresses are Viola Davis (maid) , Emma Stone, Jessica Chastain, Octavia Spencer (maid). The conflict was when the maids had enough of the white people treating them badly and they had enough courage to stand up for themselves , even if that meant for them getting fired they were willing to do it. I would rate this movie a 4 out of 5 stars because it has great characters it has a great story behind it and it could teach kids about how people treated other people back in the days.