The Intouchables - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Intouchables Reviews

April 14, 2018
A beautiful friendship that lightened up his life, "The Intouchables" is a light-hearted movie that will surely make you laugh. The relationship between the characters is what makes this movie because they both need each other.
March 20, 2018
The first time I watched its trailer my thought was like 'Well is this another version of "Me before you"?' (I saw 'Me before you' before 'The intouchables'). Yes, the plot is somehow the same. Otherwise, it's a story of two men becoming friend for life regardless of age, race, status, differences. Their friendship is simple but the purest, truest and the most beautiful, which becomes the symbol of consistency, sympathy, honesty, kindness and humanity. The point is that it is not only the main characters that make the audience have that feeling. Even the housekeeper, the gardener, the nurse and the single mother show that how life can be that simple. 'The intouchables' describes a picture of ordinary people living a normal life but come out as extraordinary. Though there is no traumatic experience, no scandal, no such thing like intensive love involved but I love it. Just a journey of each soul in search of a purpose of life. Happiness.
February 24, 2018
Took me a while to get round to seeing this - I'm learning French but still had to rely on the subtitles as there's quite a lot of vernacular - great learning material though.
Anyway - wow. What a beautiful, funny and touching movie. In an era of sci-fi spectaculars and super-hero hi-jinks it's great to see such human stories triumphing. Brilliant cast, excellent acting, great pathos and comedy, genuinely a must-see event movie.
½ January 5, 2018
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Una historia entrañable, reflexiva, divertida e inspiradora; un film que nadie se debe perder.
November 8, 2017
Actors Omar Sy and Francois Cluzet give us both compelling performances that makes this movie untouchable. Swallowed by its sweetness and warmth, The Intouchables tugs away at your heartstrings.
October 29, 2017
....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........
October 17, 2017
It would have been easy for this movie to stray into the mawkish or even offensive but the great acting and daring humor at times (the mustache scene!) keeps it on its toes instead of compromising. A feel-good flick based on a true story, all the more touching when you see the real people right at the end.
October 1, 2017
An all-time favorite - not too much 'reading' of the movie is necessary - and I don't think anything is lost in translation. Two men with seemingly impenetrable obstacles join together and find their way. We laughed so much. Really enjoyable.
½ September 3, 2017
I have to agree with the agree for L.A weekly. It had me interested, being someone who has a disability and requires personal care like the main character, but who also wants and needs fun, humour and a bit of lightheartedness and a change from the mundane every day. I just felt like the male carer was obviously not doing anything like required of the job most of the time and often wasn't there in times of need until the end. He is also quite sarcastic which would be OK to agree. I suppose maybe it would be predictable if he did do the job but it was a little extreme. I can't exactly remember the scenes but he needed help in the night, had a fit or something and needed washing and the black man didn't help at all until the end. I did like how they were from completely different backgrounds and came round to accepting each other's background and learning about it and seeing each other's lifestyle. How they both had family issues. Some of the m8 humour. The going out in the middle of the night. I also liked the fact that it was a true story and it was good to see that they stayed friends afterwards, even though the black man (I can't remember his name, sorry) moved back to Africa. Also the fact that he changed a bit as a person and how well they got on. I didn't even realise it was French with subtitles when I recorded it to watch but this wasn't off-putting.
July 27, 2017
This is one fine movie here, Normaly I don't watch any movie more than once
unless if it was so good to and worth it as I would definitely watch this again.
July 13, 2017
best movie i ever watch
June 21, 2017
''Sometimes you have to reach into someone else's world to find out what's missing in your own.''
June 5, 2017
I have always asked this big puzzling question - "what am I really here for?" Watching this made me realize one thing - if we can just make one person feel better about themselves then we have basically served our purpose.
½ April 30, 2017
Reminds me a lot with Me Before You but without all the romance fiasco, This pleasant true tale of an unlikely friendship between a quadriplegic and his carer hits all the sweet spots a feel-good movie must.
April 16, 2017
Beautiful story. Amazing how people connect.
½ March 25, 2017
Beautifully told and acted story. Lovely.
March 11, 2017
Enjoyable history about how to alter someone's life just being their friend. There's no limit to enjoy life even if you're dramatically limited. The kind of movie that dares everything ...
March 9, 2017
It delivers honest laughs and plugs at the heartstrings without delving too deep. A delightfully warm comedy that conveys how good writers and actors can work wonders with clichéd premises. It also helps that SJWs were most likely very triggered.
March 5, 2017
...this movie loves you...feels just like like a proper hug from a friend
February 4, 2017