The Intouchables - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Intouchables Reviews

½ September 3, 2017
I have to agree with the agree for L.A weekly. It had me interested, being someone who has a disability and requires personal care like the main character, but who also wants and needs fun, humour and a bit of lightheartedness and a change from the mundane every day. I just felt like the male carer was obviously not doing anything like required of the job most of the time and often wasn't there in times of need until the end. He is also quite sarcastic which would be OK to agree. I suppose maybe it would be predictable if he did do the job but it was a little extreme. I can't exactly remember the scenes but he needed help in the night, had a fit or something and needed washing and the black man didn't help at all until the end. I did like how they were from completely different backgrounds and came round to accepting each other's background and learning about it and seeing each other's lifestyle. How they both had family issues. Some of the m8 humour. The going out in the middle of the night. I also liked the fact that it was a true story and it was good to see that they stayed friends afterwards, even though the black man (I can't remember his name, sorry) moved back to Africa. Also the fact that he changed a bit as a person and how well they got on. I didn't even realise it was French with subtitles when I recorded it to watch but this wasn't off-putting.
July 27, 2017
This is one fine movie here, Normaly I don't watch any movie more than once
unless if it was so good to and worth it as I would definitely watch this again.
July 13, 2017
best movie i ever watch
June 21, 2017
''Sometimes you have to reach into someone else's world to find out what's missing in your own.''
June 5, 2017
I have always asked this big puzzling question - "what am I really here for?" Watching this made me realize one thing - if we can just make one person feel better about themselves then we have basically served our purpose.
½ April 30, 2017
Reminds me a lot with Me Before You but without all the romance fiasco, This pleasant true tale of an unlikely friendship between a quadriplegic and his carer hits all the sweet spots a feel-good movie must.
April 16, 2017
Beautiful story. Amazing how people connect.
½ March 25, 2017
Beautifully told and acted story. Lovely.
March 11, 2017
Enjoyable history about how to alter someone's life just being their friend. There's no limit to enjoy life even if you're dramatically limited. The kind of movie that dares everything ...
March 9, 2017
It delivers honest laughs and plugs at the heartstrings without delving too deep. A delightfully warm comedy that conveys how good writers and actors can work wonders with clichéd premises. It also helps that SJWs were most likely very triggered.
March 5, 2017
...this movie loves you...feels just like like a proper hug from a friend
February 4, 2017
Perfection at its best.
February 4, 2017
Aivan mahtava, tositapahtumiin perustuva draamakomedia jossa mainiot näyttelijät ja hyvä juoni. <3 (Suom. Koskemattomat)
January 29, 2017
A truly slice of life that's based on a true story of friendship between two guys with different struggles in life but somehow on the same wavelength.

At first, you may think that this is just another true story. Probably loosely based but regardless of what it is supposed to be, the theme of friendship gives off a rather touching subject.

Rich guy Philippe who is played by François Cluzet, who just wanted someone to take care of him in a matter of specific steps best suited for him. But when he meets an unlikely individual named Driss, played by Omar Sy, life takes a huge turn to an unexpected path. It may look like things wouldn't work out but somehow things just fell into place like pieces of a complex puzzle. Driss who is a thinking out loud fella, is one not to be judged at all. As eccentric he is, he gives an awful positive vibes. So friendship builds up with that personality when he is hired to take care of Philippe. In the end, when friendship means nothing else but to be there for each other especially with two men without much to say but in a way to gesture towards each other that everything is gonna be alright and we just need to live the moment as we are in right now.

There were a couple of montage scenes but there weren't dragging the story. The cinematography is really great. Especially towards the end of the film. There were plot twists in one scene that really surprised me. That alone is one of the few reasons I gave this a full star.

Full of fun moments and showcasing the reality of life when one struggles too hard, just to get by. The Intouchables reminds you how friendship really means.
January 20, 2017
Crowd pleaser or not, this movie is crafted in a great way, has great actings and wit, and a touching story
½ January 11, 2017
A buddy comedy that relies on obvious stereotypes for it's laffs, I very nearly puked watching this, wondering how so many found it enchanting. Dreck.
December 29, 2016
Bloody brilliant for the whole family.
December 11, 2016
Anyway, I like this kind of movie.
½ December 8, 2016
Standard "based on a true story" clichés are front and center but a phenomenal cast makes The Intouchables worthy of your time.
December 5, 2016
A conventional and predictable French comedy that offers few surprises, even if there are some funny moments and the actors are great. The only problem is that it feels a bit unrealistic in the way it develops the unusual friendship between its two characters.