The Intouchables - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Intouchables Reviews

February 4, 2017
Perfection at its best.
February 4, 2017
Aivan mahtava, tositapahtumiin perustuva draamakomedia jossa mainiot näyttelijät ja hyvä juoni. <3 (Suom. Koskemattomat)
January 29, 2017
A truly slice of life that's based on a true story of friendship between two guys with different struggles in life but somehow on the same wavelength.

At first, you may think that this is just another true story. Probably loosely based but regardless of what it is supposed to be, the theme of friendship gives off a rather touching subject.

Rich guy Philippe who is played by François Cluzet, who just wanted someone to take care of him in a matter of specific steps best suited for him. But when he meets an unlikely individual named Driss, played by Omar Sy, life takes a huge turn to an unexpected path. It may look like things wouldn't work out but somehow things just fell into place like pieces of a complex puzzle. Driss who is a thinking out loud fella, is one not to be judged at all. As eccentric he is, he gives an awful positive vibes. So friendship builds up with that personality when he is hired to take care of Philippe. In the end, when friendship means nothing else but to be there for each other especially with two men without much to say but in a way to gesture towards each other that everything is gonna be alright and we just need to live the moment as we are in right now.

There were a couple of montage scenes but there weren't dragging the story. The cinematography is really great. Especially towards the end of the film. There were plot twists in one scene that really surprised me. That alone is one of the few reasons I gave this a full star.

Full of fun moments and showcasing the reality of life when one struggles too hard, just to get by. The Intouchables reminds you how friendship really means.
January 20, 2017
Crowd pleaser or not, this movie is crafted in a great way, has great actings and wit, and a touching story
½ January 11, 2017
A buddy comedy that relies on obvious stereotypes for it's laffs, I very nearly puked watching this, wondering how so many found it enchanting. Dreck.
December 29, 2016
Bloody brilliant for the whole family.
December 11, 2016
Anyway, I like this kind of movie.
½ December 8, 2016
Standard "based on a true story" clichés are front and center but a phenomenal cast makes The Intouchables worthy of your time.
December 5, 2016
A conventional and predictable French comedy that offers few surprises, even if there are some funny moments and the actors are great. The only problem is that it feels a bit unrealistic in the way it develops the unusual friendship between its two characters.
November 5, 2016
One of my favorite movies ever!!!
October 11, 2016
Very heartwarming and very funny movie, their chemistry is unbeatable. I enjoyed every bit of it.
September 21, 2016
Well executed but equally well-worn tale of cross-cultural and cross-class bonding.
½ September 11, 2016
A heartwarming French comedy illustrates the friendship between a handicap billionaire and his caretaker.
½ September 3, 2016
A good movie in its genre
July 17, 2016
Don't let the subtitles scare you away. You'd be hard-pressed to find a movie that manages to be so heartwarming, funny, and moving.
July 2, 2016
This was an excellent movie - both realistic about challenges of living as a quadriplegic but inspiring to see how both men bring out the best in one another and poke fun at the serious things in life. I normally am not a fan of foreign language movies with subtitles but this one is worth it.
June 22, 2016
Sometimes we need to upgrade our perspective about the meaning of this life. I recommended you this one.
June 19, 2016
This movie is a must see and it is available on Netflix! You will laugh and you will cry all at the same time! The Intouchables shares a true story of love friendship and bravery. Officially my number one favorite movie!
June 17, 2016
Very heart-warming. Omar Sy owns this movie. It's one of the more emotional movies I've ever seen, which is crazy because I had to watch the entire movie with subtitles (it's in French). Give it a watch. It handles the whole crisis of having a debilitating injury/being paralyzed with such care and devotion.
June 13, 2016
A masterpiece, no other words. Badly directed, the script could have led to a try-hard tear-jerker film. But instead, the co-directors managed to make a film with the best/most genuine friendship I have ever seen, a film which gets you laughing and crying the next scene. Overall, it is a film that will make you feel amazing once you end it. I guarantee it.