The Lego Batman Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lego Batman Movie Reviews

August 18, 2017
Meh. Entertaining...
August 18, 2017
All important movies start with a black screen...

As the new millennium began, alongside the LEGO films born, but it all started with the song, the breakthrough song 'Everything is Awesome' a couple of years ago. Since then, we all thought LEGO was a new format in 3D animation like Anime in 2D Animation. So I was expecting very eagerly what could be the second LEGO film. When they had announced it was going to be 'Batman', many 'Batman' fans were elated. So here we are.

It took a longer time than expected to hit the screen. I'd lost hope in this, because all the sweet memories of the firs LEGO film were fading away from me. So I could not say or think anything about it. That's all changed once I watched it. While watching it, everything was restored like waking up after I was knocked down with a big blow to the head. That reminded how badly I missed it. One of the best animations. It can't be compared to the normal animation. It is more like a jerky type, similar to stop-motion, but done in softwares.

Anyway, it was not about the animation. It was the story and dialogues. The best Batman film was a very serious film, but this one was so fun. For all ages, a non stop entertainment guaranteed. The surprise was all the villains coming together in one place. When the Batman ignores his arch-rival, the Joker, he is set to redefine his position to fight the Batman. His comeback endangers the whole Gotham city. Then the black clad, the Batman, with the support of his sidekicks, fights to save the city from devastating. The remaining is how it all ends.

The voice-over artists were awesome, but first, my praise goes to the screen and dialogue writers. As I said, nothing was great in animation, especially if you had seen the previous LEGO film. All one can see is LEGOS everywhere, the world, the city, the characters made of LEGOS and then even the explosives and other special effects are kind of LEGO brick style visual. But top to bottom a very enjoyable film. An animation that should not be missed. Probably it could contest in the upcoming Oscars. Now all my eyes are towards 'Ninjago'. Bring it on.

8/10
½ August 18, 2017
Although it's no match for 2014's groundbreaking The Lego Movie, this charming spinoff is a fine addition to the universe. Starring Batman in an all too familiar setting, The Lego Batman Movie reiterates the legendary vigilante's story in a fantastic, fresh, and fun animated creation after the world started getting somewhat bored with him. Batman is portrayed in a hilariously comic way which makes it impossible not laugh out loud at most of his interactions with literally everything and seeing how much everybody enjoyed it, it's clearly a blast for all ages.
½ August 15, 2017
So many familiar voices. I realized these movies remind me of Robot Chicken. confirmed one of the shows creators helps produce the Lego movies­???
August 15, 2017
Its not as good as the LEGO Movie, straight up. However it is still an extremely fantastic movie. Its very funny and not just for kids but jokes for the adults too. Its not as adult friendly as LEGO Movie in my opinion. It does get a bit repetitive towards the end but it has its morals and is highly recommended watch, still feels fresh. Just hope we dont get an influx of these movies.
August 14, 2017
Hilarious, even from the very beginning, where batman comments to all the entertainment logos that make an appearance.. You will never got bored watching this movie.. (:
August 14, 2017
Lego Batman films are my current favorite variety of Batman stories. The dialogue is hilarious and watching the Lego versions of familiar characters running amok is great fun.
August 12, 2017
Wow, talk about a fun ride from start to finish. The LEGO Batman Movie managed to make one of the most interesting and refreshing incarnations of the Batman character to date. If you're a hardcore fan of the character, a number of easter eggs and satirical humor revolving around the history of Batman will have you laughing out loud constantly. I found myself laughing minutes into the next scene after a number of gut busting one liner that never seemed to end. While the pacing did drag in the toward the end of the second act, I had a smile on my face throughout making this one of my favorites of the year so far.
½ August 11, 2017
Shedding Some Light On How This Dark Knight Was A Flop
You've loved him for almost 80 years now, and have especially took to one of his more recent adaptations in "The Lego Movie". So of course you would love Batman in his own standalone sequel right??? Wrong!

Not only is this just another way Lego and Warner Brothers have their sights on your wallets through ticket profits, and what seems to be another endless line of movie related toy products headed our way. But The Lego Batman Movie is a perfect example of being promised a steak dinner only later to be served some Kid Cuisine.

Prepare yourself for the best crime fighting, action packed thriller this year has yet seen, as Batman
(Will Arnett) takes on his biggest foe yet. His feelings! Watch him as he laughs at evil but flinches and quivers at the the thought of starting a family. Or as he races against the clock to defuse bombs, when really time is fleeting on his chance to finally have some solid relationships.

Now don't get me wrong this movie does have its shining moments. Like when Batman (Will Arnett) during the opening credits started to take shots at certain cliques or when he starts to sing along to his "LET'S GET NUTZ Mix". Which is conveyed as the reason, besides just being Batman, why he was able to defeat his entire rogue gallery of villains. However when you throw all these highlights into the first 30 min. of the movie. Just like Batman in this film, who threw all his villains into jail at the beginning, you'll be left bored not knowing what to do with your time and life as you sit in the dark.

Even though some could argue that director Chris McKay's approach to the style of relationships that Batman has with iconic characters in this Batman movie, unlike those preceding it, was a bold and refreshing move. I would say that it detracted from who he actually is as a character. Yes I know it's a family movie and it's supposed to be comedic, but portraying the Justice League as hating him, having a one sided bromance that a insecure easily heartbroken Joker (Zach Galifianakis) has for him. Let alone him not even noticing his adoption of Dick a.k.a. Robin (Michael Cera) and then wanting to get rid of him. That's not Batman at all. Plus what ever happened to the whole Batman truly wants friends thing they were building upon earlier?

I also feel that where this movie did excel in incorporating jokes from current and past events of everything Batman. That it failed in the balance of how these characters overall were portrayed across the screen. It felt like I was watching Christopher Nolan's outlook on Batman man fighting Tim Burton and Joel Schumaker's interpretation of villains.

And although I can look past the resentful after taste of Barbara's a.k.a. Batgirl's (Rosario Dawson) 60's purple suit. Or the fact that Dick as Robin looks more like when Carrie Kelley threw on the tights and cape. Something that should have never happened, happened and it just might be the one sin in this movie that's unforgivable. What is this sin? You may ask, well it's when McKay and his writers decided to turn this somewhat okay plot of Batman admitting his fear of having feelings towards others. Into a major blockbuster crossover event. Wait what? Aren't crossovers what we hope and pray for? I mean especially when it comes to a superhero movie right?
Normally the answer would be yes. On the other hand enter a handful of not even seemingly relatable villains such as Sauron,Voldemort, King Kong, and we assume Godzilla, and you're left with the same outcome as if you were to mix all the drinks from the soda fountain. However I guess this just adds to the lore that anyone who dawns the name of Batman can do anything, and get away with it.

In the end though unlike Joker and Batman who were able to put their differences aside to save a falling apart Gotham, McKay and the Warner Brothers studio just couldn't save this movie from shattering into pieces.
August 11, 2017
It was funny. But Dick Grayson doesn't have glasses!!!
August 11, 2017
It's like 7 year olds wrote the reviews for this movie because this movie was absolutely terrible for anyone above the age of 12
August 10, 2017
Starts out funny and stays funny throughout the movie. I didn't like the third act that much, it felt repetitive from the previous Lego Movie. Other than the weak third act the rest of the film was great.
August 10, 2017
Besides some good vocal work, satire overload.
½ August 9, 2017
Very entertaining movie. Well-done.
Rating: 7.5/10.
August 9, 2017
Is not as great or enjoyable as it's predecessor but it's a fun ride nonetheless. Not to mention, it's very funny. (4/5)
August 9, 2017
The 1st one "Lego Movie" was better than this one. I was really sleepy when I watched it, so that could have affected my view.
August 8, 2017
A delightfully fun movie in the age of dark and depressing DC movies.
½ August 8, 2017
To be honest, I didn't really enjoy this movie. I mean I do give credit to the creativty and plot of the movie and Alfred, Batgirl and Robin were kind of good characters. Batman on the other hand, not so much. In fact, he's one of the reasons I didn't really like it. Batman felt like like a over the top nuisance for me. The Joker was honestly not that great in the movie in my opinion. I mean his plan to show Batman who is really his greatest enemy was OK, but my God what have done to his voice? I would have been fine with Jack Nicholson done his again...and let's just say Mark Hamill really deserved this role. Sorry Will Arnett and Zach Galifianakias, but YOU GUYS CAN'T SAVE THIS ONE!!! And I should say that the jokes were really hecka lame. But my main problem with this movie is how they treated the other villains. I mean we saw them get beat up by Batman and even team up with Batman to defeat the Joker which was a pretty awesome idea...............THAT IS ALL!!! I just really hated the idea of villains like Bane, Mr. Freeze, The Penguin having SO MUCH TO NO LITTLE SCREENTIME!!! And to finish off, this movie never got actual DC accuracies. We never saw Batman actually being sad about the deaths of his parents, and instead use the "I'm afraid of snake-clowns" joke...THAT'S ALL. >:(
½ August 8, 2017
A pretty funny and entertaining flick, this proves that the Lego Movie wasn't a one hit wonder.
½ August 8, 2017
The funniest film I've seen in a long time. This film is not as good as The Lego Movie but still hilarious with an amazing plot, great characters and the best film of the year so far.