The Lego Batman Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lego Batman Movie Reviews

March 28, 2017
I think this is an incredible movie!
March 28, 2017
The Lego Batman Movie is a really funny family movie
½ March 27, 2017
Sadly as a former Batman fan , this film does not bring back into the Bat family fold.
Just like the original Lego movie , it's shallow oversimplified pop culture nonsense.
The argument that it is a family movie does not justify it's mediocrity.
March 27, 2017
Best DC movie of the past few years (which is not saying much)
The film has so much in it. Every frame gives you so much to look at, and every 5 seconds has a new joke. The humour that relies on popular culture, while funny, is a bit to prominent for a non-batman fan to enjoy the whole film. Even if you're not entertained by the comedy, there is so much to take in visually. Every single shot is beautifully composed; the blocking of the characters and the camera add a visual interest and excitement that is not present in most modern animated films. And the animation is thorough and carefully done, blending the choppy stop motion style (recreated with cgi convincingly) with slick cgi and particle effects. While there is a lot to praise, this is a very shallow movie. It knows that it is, and it's not trying to be a perfect movie, so I will not act like it's one.
½ March 27, 2017
Terrific fun, I had a blast with this
½ March 27, 2017
When I started watching the film I didn't expected much, maybe some jokes and curious special effects (having into account the film is made out with LEGO).
What I didn't expected was to enjoy the film development and idea, apart from what I mentioned before. The idea of family and union, is indeed too repetitive and a cliche, but the film did a very good job in the development of the conflict and linking it with the main line.
Even though the film lacks from a well structured story line and a better development of the characters, I think that the relationship between the characters is not well explained and the problems between them are solved too easily.
½ March 27, 2017
Not quite as memorable as the original Lego Movie, but still highly entertaining and heartfelt. They understand all of the things that make Batman great, and point out how deeply flawed Bruce Wayne is. The voice casting is spot on, and the cameos are plentiful. Probably the best Batman movie you're going to see for a very long time.
March 27, 2017
This was almost as visually stunning as the first one. There are some Easter eggs for the real batman fans, but the story was a DUD. No where near as strong a message as last time. If they weren't going to make that kind of effort then they should have made a more faithful to the cannon story. They did neither.
½ March 27, 2017
Story line could have been better
March 27, 2017
There were some cute parts to this movie, but overall I feel like the story line was rather flat and ran long for the plot. It was hard to keep my interest the longer the movie went on.
½ March 27, 2017
Fun, dumb but smart, entertainment. It's a great film for both young and older movie goers! Also this is the best Batman performance since Dark Knight!
March 27, 2017
Like the movie. Really good.
½ March 27, 2017
Very fun and enjoyable movie. Bit too much at times but enough laughs for an adult but not too much over-the-top for kids. Both a good Batman movie and Lego Movie.
March 26, 2017
It is amazing what can happen when you both respect the source material and not feel the need to make everything depressing. This is the kind of superhero movie that DC needed after the unnecessary gloom of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

For long time fans of the Batman universe there are little things in almost every scene going all the way back to the first live action Batman (before the 60's series even). Clearly done with a love of the franchise it ranks as one of the best Batman movies.

Of note is that Billy Dee Williams, so many years later, finally gets to play (or at least voice) Two-Face after staring as Harvey Dent back in the 1989 Tim Burton film.
March 26, 2017
Divertida e hilarante, presenta muchos aspectos del Personaje muy bien, el ritmo de la película es bueno aunque a veces abusan de los chistes pero se perdona por ser una película de lego y para niños, en general bien, si la recomiendo.
½ March 26, 2017
Following in the footsteps of The Lego Movie, this is another stellar effort for Lego. Fun for the whole family, this film was goofy, quirky and irreverent.
March 26, 2017
Best movie in the D.C. Universe so far.
½ March 26, 2017
A sequel/spinoff that actually manages to deliver as much emotional heft as its predecessor. Will Arnett and Michael Cera shine, and the DCEU should take notes.
Loved the movie