The Mountain Between Us - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mountain Between Us Reviews

January 19, 2018
Guy flick turns into chick flick. Overall good story, somewhat predictable, but not always. Superb acting by both Idris Elba and Kate Winslet.
½ January 17, 2018
This movie was a complete piece of garbage. Every attempt at humor was cringeworthy, there were numerous plot holes and unexplained/incomplete scences and the love aspect was overall disappointing. I would recommend to save your money for something more entertaining such as buying grass seed in order to watch it grow. If I were able to give negative stars i would.
January 16, 2018
Beautiful love story. Two great actors
January 16, 2018
10 minutes too long. Enjoyable and interesting.
FiLmCrAzY
January 16, 2018
An unimaginative survival/love story which bored me to death. Rooting for the dog the whole way but lost interest in the leads about 3o minutes in!
January 16, 2018
It is only a B-series film with the hook of two relevant actors. In the middle of the fight for survival of two victiims of a plane crash, after not having eating and walked over the mounains for a few days, they decide to use the last bit of energy...to make love. It is neither an adventure nor a love film. I gave one star because it is the minimum to make the review...save your time and money for other film...
January 15, 2018
Beautiful, excellent directing and simply a gorgeous -open-minded film.
½ January 15, 2018
This is not a "survival" movie per se, nor is a "romance". it's about racial barriers.
January 14, 2018
I love how it shifts
½ January 14, 2018
Load of crap. Feet would have frozen many times over, etc etc. Nice scenery though.
January 14, 2018
Some many aspects were hard to believe. Why didn't they try the radio, a flare kills a mountain lion, they had the forethought to take matches & multiple jackets, a dog that never gets hungry, no mountain lion meat packed in their bags, the plane crashing so quickly, uninjured dog with no seat belt, the unbelievable smooth landing. Ben jumping out of his seat without having to release seat belt I could go on & on. Give me some realism please.
January 13, 2018
Better than I expected. Should've trusted the two actors' who took the starring roles.
½ January 13, 2018
decent viewing, a big dramatic and predictable at the end.
January 13, 2018
Too damn long and I?m pretty sure the dog did 90% of the work...
Boring and predictable.
January 13, 2018
Good actors but emotionless and non-realistic
January 13, 2018
In a Hollywood climate where there aren't many good romances being produced and most survival films are about one person "The Mountain Between Us" puts both in one package and it doesn't completely dazzle audiences like you figured Elba and Winslet in one movie likely would. However great performances by both leading players make the film more than just watchable. It's the perfect movie for Netflix or whatever your Video-on-Demand service of choice is. If you are into drama and romance or are just looking for something to watch with a friend "The Mountain Between Us" is a great film to pass the time. The worst thing about the film is it was advertised as a survival film where its strong points are clearly drama/romance if you go in expecting that, you will not be disappointed.
½ January 12, 2018
I'm surprised Kate whinslet didn't let him die, like she did Leo.
January 12, 2018
If you read the book, do not watch. Completely botched.
January 12, 2018
Awesome suspense, outcome different to expectations, great feel good movie