The Tall Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Tall Man Reviews

September 3, 2016
Jessica Biel always gives good performances on every role that she is given. I thought this movie was pretty predictable, I mean I hate to be that petson but this is a storyline that happens in horror movies all the time. However it kept my attention and was pretty interesting. All in all not a bad movie to watch. So for this being a very good solid film to watch, I give " The Tall Man " a C.
½ August 26, 2016
Ok. So why I'm rating it so high? Well, first I think it's worthed. The movie is long and twisted for sure. But it has sense as well. I couldn't see it before the very end, but all the same it's there.
The leading actress is put in position which is very different from what we see in the trailer. Half the movie seen, we still don't know what is going on. I'll admit that they could deliver a little more info about her family history. Could even make it as a hint to be understood later on.
There is something else.I guess the abducters plan could work better with some kids, but surely not all of them. Older kids have real memories and certain looks which couldn't be changed at least for an year. Now, this is something I conseder a plot hole. For me, the movie could be forgiven this much and not be blamed as "a colossal waste of time".
Last, it is not a scary movie, or at least it can't be seen as one if you don't have kids on your own. It's more of a psychological thriller.
June 27, 2016
At first I was very confused and disappointed because the movie didn't seem to be about anything I thought it would be. By the end of the movie I was pleasantly surprised because it turned out to be a pretty good twist.
½ May 9, 2016
Hard to understand but once you catch on, The Tall Man becomes a surprisingly clever little movie with themes that spark relevant discussion
April 10, 2016
Really good film! It has a message!
March 18, 2016
It took awhile to get going and I did start to wonder if I should just stop watching but I stuck through it and I'm glad I did. There were quite a few twists in this movie and in the final scenes of it, it all made sense.
½ March 17, 2016
Very poor attempt of a horror/thriller about a woman who is traumatized about the loss of her own child she does anything she can to ease her pain
½ February 29, 2016
Gosh, after watching the trailer & picking this out of the scary movie section - I did not see that twist coming. In fact I was so baffled mid-movie I'm still contemplating if it was good or not. Kudos for turning what could've been a clichéd 'evil spirit/demon/monster in the woods eating children' into a realistic crime thriller with an organised underground (literally lol) child trafficking operation. Cleverly unexpected & I doubt anyone saw that coming, but ultimately boring. Maybe the clichéd version would have been more fun?
½ December 22, 2015
Pretty confusing film that makes more sense after you read the synopsis following the film. It's an interesting crime drama thriller about morality. It's a vigilante style film whereas the moral choice may not be moral and is certainly not legal. There is a martyr involved and the beginning is so confusing into making you think this could be a science fiction film, but that is not the case.
December 11, 2015
One of those rare cinematic treats wherein the work is so bad one desires to reach out and flail the offenders as badly as one felt oneself assailed. I'm going with the director/writer as the major perpetrator of this assault on one's innocence, although the film's star seems suspiciously culpable as well. A vomiting in your face that begs Biblical vengeance, steer far clear of this.
½ December 9, 2015
Tall Man wasn't so exciting for me. It was suppose to reference Slender man, but didn't do a good job at telling its story.
November 8, 2015
This movie kept me in suspense. I didn't figure it out till the end.
November 2, 2015
I didn't like the ending. It wasn't scary. I wanted to at least see the real "Tall Man". It also would scarier if the tall red headed woman was crazy or actually was the "Tall Man". Or "Tall Woman" in this case. I thought or at least was hoping this movie was supposed to be a scary movie about some supernatural creature or at least a scary man abducting kids. And it wasn't. Very disappointed. This movie got my hopes up for nothing.
October 8, 2015
I liked this movie and the surprising ending. It's nicely told and also told the truth. It's dark and original, great movie.
½ October 7, 2015
An outrageous and painfully despicable piece of garbage that has no understanding of pacing and has one of the most morally disgusting pseudo-sociological messages ever committed to celluloid - which leads me to think that Laugier is just as repulsive as his work. (Zero stars)
October 6, 2015
VERY different from what i was expecting. twist city USA. wowza. ending was not actually anticlimactic at all, but it felt that way. i guess a tiny bit more suspense would have helped this. aside from that, this is really quite clever and interesting and i enjoyed it a lot.
½ September 23, 2015
The confusing plot and the rather vague end struggle the twisted story that could have been something more because of its good thrills and twisted narrative.
½ September 23, 2015
September 7, 2015
The Tall Man is a tall tale full of nonsense - An utter waste of time.
Watch Jessica Biel digging her grave as an actress.
August 20, 2015
The "Tall Man" is one of the those movies that you begin by looking for that ultimate scare and ends you with, "did one of my deepest thoughts become a movie"! I wouldn't recommend it due it's unrealistic plot and ending. If you're extremely bored and want to wake up, then watch it.