The Void - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Void Reviews

½ June 27, 2017
Good start, but the more ambitious it gets the more it fails.
June 27, 2017
It doesn't break any new ground and it doesn't always make sense, but it's dripping in atmosphere and features good use of a fittingly eerie soundtrack and fantastic practical effects which makes it more than watchable.
June 26, 2017
Um I liked it, but it was odd
June 24, 2017
The glorious return of practical Effects in Horror
½ June 23, 2017
...I can't believe I watched the whole thing. I think a part of me kept hoping it would have a big reveal at the end to save its pitiful self ...
June 23, 2017
THE VOID tries to sell itself as a hybrid-homage-blend of Lovecraft, The Thing, Hellraiser, and a number of other classics. Somehow it manages to be all and none of these. As the tight pacing of the very promising first 20 minutes grinds to a sudden halt, we find ourselves presented with a slow and steady stream of disturbing visuals increasing in intensity, but lacking any substance or sense of coherence. The plot is ultimately abandoned in favor of simply showcasing the admirable achievements of their practical effects and set design team.
June 22, 2017
Seemed like it had potential but just ended up being just alright.
½ June 18, 2017
If you're a fan of cosmic horror The Void is worth a watch. It's an interesting although not totally polished mash-up of genre favorites like Prince of Darkness, The Thing, Lord of Illusions, Event Horizon, Mouth of Madness, Possession. The narrative is a little messy never really getting anywhere, but still a fun vehicle for the amazing atmosphere fueled by the cinematography and special effects. Watch it with the lights out some place rural for best results.
½ June 18, 2017
This was a fun and crazy experience for a low budget film.
June 17, 2017
This movie is a literal horror Frankenstein monster - stereotypical "scary" elements pieced together. The people in white robes came from one movie, the doctor came from another movie, the void came from a totally different movie... Nothing connected. Nothing seems whole. Also, it's ok if a movie wants to leave you with questions but this movie just gave up on trying to make a coherent story and pretend it was "mysterious". Total nonsense garbage.
½ June 17, 2017
Critics are idiots, Horrible Movie.
½ June 17, 2017
This has got to be the most boring film ever!!! B-movie at best. I am a huge horror fan, but the only horror and shock I encountered was the fact that I watched it to the end :o
June 17, 2017
Not for me. Extremely gross. "The Void" should be avoided!!!
June 15, 2017
Just ok but wouldn't pay to see it.
June 14, 2017
Shit, did I like this? I think so. Fun and vague and full of practical effects but also ideas from other movies, it sort of works together. If you like horror and monsters and Lovecraft and body horror, you'll find things to like. It doesn't all totally come together but was a bloody good time.
June 12, 2017
Not bad very lovecraft
June 11, 2017
One of the better horror films because I've been hearing a you tube reviewer's review for this film and now I can't wait since I've seen the trailer and it looked terrifying as heck.
½ June 10, 2017
what a terrible movie. It wants to be cool, but it's so cheesy.
June 10, 2017
Carpenter's remake of "the Thing", "In the Mouth of Madness", Gordon's "Re-Animator" and "From Beyond" collide in a visceral melange.
If you don't like horror movies, you'll hate this movie. The mechanical effects are great, not fate accompi, but a breath of fresh air from most modern horror-movie's Lucas FX CGI. Thick on horror visuals, thin on explanation.

Hello? Hollywood? This movie has what the dismal cavalcade of modern horror movies are missing. A verdant and oozy field of twenty question marks and no answers. An X-Files episode grown in a futuristic hydroponics laboratory.
June 9, 2017
If you're a fan of 80s horror, lovecraft, or hell, even a gore-fueled nightmare i suggest you check this out. Yes the plot isnt concrete and leaves you with a few questions but this film will fall into cult status for sure.