The Vow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Vow Reviews

July 25, 2017
This is emerging as a sleeper hit. Rachel McA's arc journey is fascinating, as is Channing T's attempts to cope with it. The last scene is brilliant.
½ July 5, 2017
Good chemistry, good heart, essentially predictable
June 18, 2017
Sutilmente apto. Roteiro prudente com bom elenco e consegue ir alem dos estereótipos padrões.
May 6, 2017
As jay sad, knowing that its based on a true story makes some of the more odd elements easier to accept.
March 11, 2017
Beautiful true story about redoes and true love will overcome any obstacles.

The only obstacle this movie had was the casting of Channing Tatum, I think he should stick to stripping and dancing.
January 26, 2017
Drama romántico con Channing Tatum como Leo, un amante esposo, profundamente enamorado de su mujer, Page (Rachel McAdams). Luego de un terrible accidente de tránsito, Page despierta de un coma y parece haberse olvidado de su vida con Leo. Él deberá afrontar el reto de reiniciar su vida en pareja desde cero con Page, pues ella parece haber regresado a una etapa anterior, cuando aún no lo conocía y vivía una vida muy diferente. Page parece no entender el rumbo que su vida ha tomado en esos cinco años que no logra recordar, encontrando mucha diferencia entre lo que hacía en ese entonces y lo que Leo le cuenta que es su vida ahora. Leo deberá luchar contra la pérdida de esperanzas y el sentir que su mujer nunca lo recordará. Inspirada en una historia real
½ January 17, 2017
Problem is tatum... He has no expression... And a little dumb face... To me one of the worst actors....
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 15, 2016
Good movie. A bit hard to watch, as I felt terrible for the main character. Good story line, but hard to believe the way that everything took place.
December 1, 2016
Tositapahtumiin perustuva, ehdottomasti katsomisen arvoinen elokuva. ?? (Suom. The Vow - Onnen varjot)
December 1, 2016
The Vow is based on true events. Rachel McAdams plays the role of Paige, and Channing Tatum plays the role of Leo. As soon as you hear Rachael it draws yours attention right away, since she did the movie called "The Notebook". The movie takes places in Chicago, but there is also some scenes taken in Toronto, Canada. The moving consist of not losing hope when it comes to true love. The beautiful couple has a car accident and Paige losses her memory for five years. This is a sweet and emotional movie. A little of patience has to be taken since Paige does not remember her husband (Leo) and does not do anything to keep her vows. Special visual tools are used to help Paige remember about who she is and what was her life consisted before the accident. It is perfect for a movie date night. The plot really brags your attention, because is something that could happen in real life, or maybe there is already people who feels identify by it. This movie will make you laugh, cry, and maybe appreciate your significant other more.
October 28, 2016
This film is well made, even thou charming moments can be a bit superfictial, the actors manage to give it credibility,
Perhaps not of the best production, but the story really stands and love triumphs (cant believe i wrote this line, guys forgive me)
October 10, 2016
Expected mush, sap and total predictability, and was surpised that it was none of those. It didn't suck half as bad as I was sure it would. In fact, given the description and the vomit-inducing cover, the end was actually mildly surprising. Also, for a pleasant change, no nudity (except Tatum's naked rear, but whoop-dee-doo), no horribly foul language, and no bloody gore, so good for them.
½ October 9, 2016
The Vow is an extremely underrated romantic drama.
In this utterly romantic and genuine movie Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams show all their charm and chemistry and the result is a heart-welming tale.
September 25, 2016
This was a great movie.
July 31, 2016
My fav romance movie ever
June 9, 2016
The true story is a beautifully sad story, but this movie did such a horrible job in depicting that. There was little mention of the actual "vows". Throughout the movie, I hated McAdams' character. I thought Paige was horrible because there were no signs in that she was trying to regain her memory with Leo or stay true to her vows despite the fact she saw their wedding video. She just became this frilly sorority girl, while the whole time, I felt so awful for Leo. It's funny how they decided to dye McAdams' hair. In the end she looked like she had grey hair. I didn't like the ending...

The title of the movie does not reflect the actual plot at all.
June 6, 2016
I would have rated this half a star more because I love Rachel McAdams, but Channing Tatum was so terrible. They should have cast a better actor.
½ June 3, 2016
I found the performances from Tatum and McAdams great but the story does not feel natural and felt like I was going back and forth, from "saving the relationship" to "the relationship not working out"... for an hour and forty minutes!
½ May 27, 2016
While it's not the best romantic-drama movie, it is worth a watch for people who enjoy romantic dramas.