Titan A.E. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titan A.E. Reviews

½ December 6, 2017
Bizzare through and through. What is the target audience that the filmmakers had in mind? It insults one's intelligence too much to be a movie for adults, but has mature cobtent unbefitting for the kiddo's. Slosh that around with a bunch of bizzare randomness and you have Titan AE.
November 27, 2017
I LOVE THIS MOVIE ONE OF MY FAVORITES!! I LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK! I remember watching this for the first time when I was little and just being so amazed by the CGI in this film its beautiful
½ October 21, 2017
Good animated movie as I enjoyed this one and the story development. Would be nice to see them carry it over into a sequel
August 9, 2017
Titan A.E. is a unique movie with creative animation -- it's just too bad it isn't better. This movie hasn't aged well and it wasn't that great to start with. I think they were banking on the star-studded cast to draw people in. It's not a bad movie, though. It's just mediocre.
July 29, 2017
loved this movie when i saw it years ago definitely want to see it again
July 23, 2017
Great cinema. I urge anyone whom has not seen this to rent it.
½ July 3, 2017
Like Star Wars, minus the developed characters, special effects, interesting plot, or dramatic twists. It's funny that they named the main character, 'Cale' after a vegetable, cause he's about as interesting as one.
July 2, 2017
It was OK. Not the best, but far from the worst.
May 25, 2017
"Titan A.E." has an impressive blend of hand-drawn and CGI animation that manages to be beautiful to look at. However, all of that flash does not compensate for that this sci-fi animated adventure is derivative of many superior sci-fi films.
May 16, 2017
I love the way this movie combines the traditional with new techniques.
The script is well used, coming of age but the voices are good.
In a nutshell, loved it!
April 3, 2017
Good animated Star Wars-like movie. Somehow thought the plot was more interesting than Episode I. How could that be? I think it wasn't that it had any superior elements, but it WAS good and didn't have INFERIOR elements (like Jar Jar and Jake Lloyd) slowing it down.
March 26, 2017
Really enjoyed this movie.
March 3, 2017
This film kind of reminded of Treasure Planet. Its an underrated sci fi adventure that is not perfect, but very entertaining. There are two spectacular chase scenes, even if the story is a bit derivative. Its worth a viewing for animation fans, even with that horrendously outdated soundtrack.
February 27, 2017
Don Bluth at his best.
January 3, 2017
Interesting premise handled in a juvenile fashion. A nice attempt at CGI for it's time. I would love to see Whedon revisit this movie as well.
October 10, 2016
Another masterpiece by animation genius Don Bluth.
October 10, 2016
A wrongfully maligned masterpiece directed by one of animation's titans (pun totally intended).
½ September 27, 2016
It's ok...
First of all, the animation is very nice. It blends cgi and regular animation well. Plus its just nicely put together even though some of the movements are a bit weird.
The beginning of the movie is the best part. It's emotional and well made.
They do have good voice acting too. The captain especially.
However (ALL) the characters are either boring, trying too hard to be quirky, or unlikeable. And that's a problem. They also waste an OK plot. While it does work, the plot feels like an excuse to try out creative ideas and then mix it with boringness and bad pacing.
And the soundtrack is awful. It's just awful.
To sum it up, they took good animation and a good cast and wasted it on an OK plot, bad characters, and an annoying soundtrack. :(
September 11, 2016
It's like a cartoon star wars!
September 4, 2016
One of the most underrated animated films of all time.